The Team for Saturday

On the assumption that Crossley is fit, and I fully expect Eardley and Gregan to come straight back in, the team sort of picks itself. The only question is whether Ormerod plays from the start - I think he may well be on the bench

Crossley, Eardley, Hazell, Gregan, Jones

Liddell, Allott, Whittaker, Taylor

Hughes, Davies

Subs from: Fleming, Lee, Byrne, Lomax, Smalley, Kalala, Maher, Wolfenden, Alessandra, Ormerod, O'Grady etc etc B)

On the assumption that Crossley is fit, and I fully expect Eardley and Gregan to come straight back in, the team sort of picks itself. The only question is whether Ormerod plays from the start - I think he may well be on the bench

Hughes, Davies

Subs from: Fleming, Lee, Byrne, Lomax, Smalley, Kalala, Maher, Wolfenden, Alessandra, Ormerod, O'Grady etc etc B)

How brilliant is it having to pick a subs bench

we could only manage 3 or 4 last season

Hughes, Davies

I can't see Ormerod coming here to do anything other than play games he will start saturday

I can't see Ormerod coming here to do anything other than play games he will start saturday

Aye. As follows methinks...

Crossley (If fit)

Eardley-Hazell-Gregan-Jones

Liddell-Allott-Whittaker-Taylor

Hughes-Ormerod

Subs: Fleming/Yoof, Smalley, Byrne, Davies, Alessandra

I think this Saturday will see the strongest looking bench I've seen in nearly 15 years.

Crossley (If fit)

Hughes-Ormerod

I think this Saturday will see the strongest looking bench I've seen in nearly 15 years.

Maher, Stephens, Ogrady, Stam, Lomax all not even making the bench!

Guest sheridans_world

Crossley (If fit)

Hughes-Ormerod

Agreed.

for me if davies is dropped theres something going on, of which we are not a party to

Psst, Daz - I can't reveal my source or Alan wpould sack Stu, but he tells me that what's really going on behind the scenes is that we've signed Ormerod on loan.

Keep it under your hat though.

Hughes, Davies

I wouldn't necessarily condone doing this for Leicester as I think it's going to be a very tough game but how about going to 3 at the back with Jones and Taylor as wing backs?

GK Crossley

CB Hazell Gregan Byrne

WB Taylor Jones

CM Liddell Whittaker Allott

CF Hughes Davies

Subs from: Fleming, Lomax, Maher, Allessandra, Smalley, O'Grady, Stephens, Ormerod.

Edited by danoafc

for me if davies is dropped theres something going on, of which we are not a party to

Something is going on .... very simple really, other than Hughes our scoring record from the forwards is abysmal.

Davies, Allesandra, and O'Grady are not putting the ball in the net. Apart from the one goal from Allesandra, we've not had any goals from our strikers in 10 league games!!!

Hughes whilst not being 100% fit has scored 6, but the majority of the others have come from our wide players Liddell 5 and Taylor with 6.

It might well be a mighty kick up the backside for Davies who may still start the match but if Ormerod partners Hughes can any of them really complain?

Guest oa_exile

I can only make out from that post that the joiners have been in and we have a spnky brand new one, splinter free ^_^

Hughes (if fit) and Ormerod definite starters for me.

He hasn't had a first team game this season but has kept himself fit and sharp, scoring a brace in the stiffs last week. Even less than fully match-fit Brett is much more of a threat than fit and industrious Craig. And bit of an unknown for Leicester spies!

Criag on the bench, to come on for Brett when he has done his job - scoring.

Hughes replaced by Aless with 20 minutes left, if we're leading by 2 goals or more.

Same midfield.

Gregan and Eards to come in for defence.

Something is going on .... very simple really, other than Hughes our scoring record from the forwards is abysmal.

Davies, Allesandra, and O'Grady are not putting the ball in the net. Apart from the one goal from Allesandra, we've not had any goals from our strikers in 10 league games!!!

Hughes whilst not being 100% fit has scored 6, but the majority of the others have come from our wide players Liddell 5 and Taylor with 6.

It might well be a mighty kick up the backside for Davies who may still start the match but if Ormerod partners Hughes can any of them really complain?

Not every striker scores the goals but if midfielders and Hughesy are then it really is not a big issue - I use this example again - look at what Heskey does for England - not score but set up and hold ball up !

Hughes (if fit) and Ormerod definite starters for me.

He hasn't had a first team game this season but has kept himself fit and sharp, scoring a brace in the stiffs last week. Even less than fully match-fit Brett is much more of a threat than fit and industrious Craig. And bit of an unknown for Leicester spies!

Criag on the bench, to come on for Brett when he has done his job - scoring.

Hughes replaced by Aless with 20 minutes left, if we're leading by 2 goals or more.

Same midfield.

Gregan and Eards to come in for defence.

I like the sound of this.

I'm so excited about Saturday, I'm even getting the buses up there and bringing some premiership team supporting mates to show them what they're missing!! :grin:

Not every striker scores the goals but if midfielders and Hughesy are then it really is not a big issue - I use this example again - look at what Heskey does for England - not score but set up and hold ball up !

You can't rely on your midfielders to score week in week out and I think a successful twin strike force is essential if you are to get out of this league.

Heskey may have value for England but how many goals have been set up by Allesandra, Davies, and O'Grady's hold up play?

Shez still hasn't found the right pairing and I think it is the main reason for the Ormerod deal.

The only other reason could be the short term fitness of Hughes.

excited about sat anyway ,but id thr starting line-ip has omeod and hughes up front this will make it even more so and I awee no reason as to why that wont happen

Gregs to come back in to lead the defence -

as already mentioned a strong bench no matter wot - personally Fleming. Byrne, Maher, Smalley and Allesandra shoeuld grace it.

but no complaints if lomax davies or Ogrady where there

I'm not quite sure where this fixation of having 2 strikers scoring all the goals comes from.

Our last promotion season of 1990-1 saw our 2 top scorers as Marshall with 17 and Redfern with 16. Its no great shakes that 1 forward is scoring and another/others are not hitting the back of the net anything like as much.

We are presently top scorers and the goals are coming from different sources (no, not ketchup or Brown :grin: ) and I'd be more concerned if only the forwards were scoring. The fact that we are scoring from all areas of the team makes us that more difficult to defend against.

Oh and by the way Headband put the bloody spell check on or get your keyboard checked. It might be sticking. <_< (See you at the quiz tomorrow.)

Or

Are you trying to be like exile?

Quote exile said

"I can only make out from that post that the joiners have been in and we have a spnky brand new one, splinter free happy.gif "

:peepwall:

Cheers,

Harry

Guest oa_exile
Are you trying to be like exile?

Quote exile said

"I can only make out from that post that the joiners have been in and we have a spnky brand new one, splinter free happy.gif "

I was just practicing my TEXT talk :blink: get with it man :)