"Brawny" Latics?

Leicester's Steve Howard says that they'll have to watch out for Latics' physical, brawny approach!

Now the team isn't physically intimidated or outmuscled as some earlier Latics were but I'd hardly say we used physique as a tactic ( other than King Greegs).

All adds a bit of spice tho! Really looking forward to tomorrow , and looking forward to returning over M62 taunting the Foxes as they head to M1.

Brain versus brawn

Edited by LaticsPete

Brain or Brawn?

Your brain uses glucose as the primary source of energy. As blood begins to fall in the hours following your last meal or snack, your mind will begin to fatigue. Hunger sets in, and stimulates you to seek food. If you ignore this symptom and your recent meal also does not include a lot of protein, your body must rob its own protein stores to obtain amino acids, which means breaking down its own muscles. This is the last thing that an athlete needs --- destroy the muscle to feed the brain. Hence, if you want to retain both brain and brawn, remember to consume an adequate supply of complex carbohydrates to spare your muscle protein from becoming a "meal" for your mind.

Meat pudding on a muffin anyone? :comeon:

:bluearmy: Brawny Army!!

Ideal time for Gregan to be coming back.

When faced with a challenge like Beckford, Hayles, Savage (maybe not), he seems to really concentrate and be on top of his game. The minute he's faced with someone he doesn't see as being much of a threat is when he gets punished.

Howard is the challenge he needs. He'll relish it.

When faced with a challenge like Beckford, Hayles, Savage (maybe not), he seems to really concentrate and be on top of his game. The minute he's faced with someone he doesn't see as being much of a threat is when he gets punished.

Totally agree. Steve Howard is in for his toughest game of the season.....hopefully he wont relish it!

One of the best posts on here, captures Greegs perfectly.

I guess it’s because we have so many baldies, people always assume that slapheads are thugs. I’d say that only Gregan is a genuinely physical player. It’s not really even Reuben’s game. Ratters is solid, but beyond that I don’t see who he means.

quote:

"Howard said: "I've played there a few times and it's not an easy place to go. I'm expecting them to be physical and we have to be on our game and dig in."

has he actually had us watched?????

"There are a few teams who have still got the big boys so we've got to watch ourselves. First of all, we have to compete and then, if we play as well as I know we can, I can't see anything going too wrong."

thats it then...i'm not going....we're gonna lose. :wacko:

well mr howard the duck...we can play better football against "footballing" teams as you like to call yourself...so watch the cowpat mucker!

This is a class quote coming from Steve Howard of all people - not the refinest of centre forwards i've seen!!

At times he makes Gregan look like Danny Boshell :D The big Doghnut

He goes on to say about him and Fryatt:

'"We work well together – I mess the centre-halves around for him and he gets on the end of things and sticks the ball into the back of the net."

I mess the centre-halves around??? Not this time Howard :tongue1:

Got a really good feeling about tomorrow...last time I was this confident was before the New Year's Day Massacre 2007.

forrest fan got a lift with us to that game, on the way i asked him 'are you scared?' he laughed and told us how good they were. top journey home that.

"There are a few teams who have still got the big boys so we've got to watch ourselves. First of all, we have to compete and then, if we play as well as I know we can, I can't see anything going too wrong."
Who's he talking about? Whitaker? Alessandra? Taylor? Honestly,what a crock of s**t.

I read these sort of quotes and wonder if they're trying to get a referee on side before a ball has even been kicked! You can just see it tomorrow...as they all come out...Howard snivelling up to the ref saying "they're a rough lot these are"...planting that seed in the mind of the ref and then we get some right soft decisions given etc. Wouldn't surprise me if that sort of :censored: went on...oh well...will just have to play football and beat them then!

Just have this concern that sides who have gone for a physical midfield battle against us (Huddersfield, for example) have done well. Sides that have worked their tripe out in the middle of the park (Stockport) have also made life difficult for us.

That said, we've played some damned good stuff this season as well as ginding out a couple of results as well.

The next 4 games will tell us how good Latics are this season, and give us a real pointer for promotion / play-off / mid-table mediocrity at the end of it.

Leicester and Scunny at home - they don't come much bigger - and two away games in ciderland that you don't fancy on paper at any stage of the season.

8+ points from these matches and we are going up, say we are going up.