Achievers or Underachievers?

Well according to the results, which are meaningless without the 'workings out', we've been on the up for the last 3 years.

However, we were starting from our lowest point in 17 years!

Couple that with the downturn in the housing market and it means only one thing: Ormerod isn't match fit yet.

Saw this comment today too.

"Champions League football in three years? It's achievable" - Mickey Walker, Doncaster Rovers Director of Football.

Of course it is, Mickey.

That club are quickly rising up my table of dislike.

About as achieveable as me hiking to the moon in sandals...

"Champions League football in three years? It's achievable" - Mickey Walker, Doncaster Rovers Director of Football.

Of course it is, Mickey.

My Rotherham mate loves reminding anyone who will listen of the time Shef Wednesday's Chairman predicted European football in 5 years, shortly before they got relegated to the 3rd division. And at least Wednesday had been a top flight club with a history, not a none-League set up got lucky.

Of course it is, Mickey.

i neither like or dislike them but, in principle, I'm glad to see a small club like them reaping the benefits of a decent, but not outrageous, injection of cash and then being very well run on the back of it.

hull too.

prime examples of what we need to do once these world finance problems blow over.

i neither like or dislike them but, in principle, I'm glad to see a small club like them reaping the benefits of a decent, but not outrageous, injection of cash and then being very well run on the back of it.

hull too.

prime examples of what we need to do once these world finance problems blow over.

You're kidding - he's blown countless millions on them!

maybe on the ground but only countless hundreds of thousands on players?

they pay the wages but haven't paid big transfer frees too often.

But wages come to about 75% of clubs expenses, and I bet their wage bill was easily double ours in the same division. He's certainly built for the future (fantastic training facilities beside the pitch, which their fans team use) but he'll never see a fraction of what he's spent back again.

Anyone else seen this report today from the Pools?? It's based on a large number of factors, which makes for interesting reading (sorry if this has been posted already elsewhere)...

achievers report

Meaningless piece of work statistically. Given that the starting point was 1992 we were always going to be underachieving. However we are only in that position because at that random point in time we were drastically overachieving. All it means is that we are not in the same position that we were in 1992 which is obvious.

Meaningless piece of work statistically. Given that the starting point was 1992 we were always going to be underachieving. However we are only in that position because at that random point in time we were drastically overachieving. All it means is that we are not in the same position that we were in 1992 which is obvious.

Exactly. The starting point is a major factor. It's like the line " How would you get to xxxx? Well you're starting from the wrong place".

Edited by LaticsPete