Hughes last night

I take your point - I also think the multi-ball system eliminates some bookings which might be interpreted as time-wasting. The keeper must have been booked for ungentlemanly conduct.

I thought the multiball system led to a classic moment last night. I think it was when Hughes had belted the ball into the main stand and one of their players went over to take the throw in. He was looking up into the stand, calling for the ball. Eventually it was thrown down, he caught it, turned to take the trow in only to see that by this point, play was right over on the other wing.

I thought the multiball system led to a classic moment last night. I think it was when Hughes had belted the ball into the main stand and one of their players went over to take the throw in. He was looking up into the stand, calling for the ball. Eventually it was thrown down, he caught it, turned to take the trow in only to see that by this point, play was right over on the other wing.

Hughes also flicked a ball back onto the pitch, but the keeper had already taken the goal kick, resulting in a stray ball. Eventually the ballboy plucked up courage to retrieve it, before the Ref could spot it and report the Club, possibly leading to a multibollocking !

If Hughes/Allott/Hazell do pick up a fifth booking - do they automatically miss the next game (i.e. Cheltenham in the cup)?

Also - what does that then mean for the slate? IS it another two yellows before a further suspension?

The suspension for yellow cards for some reason starts 7 days after the 5th yellow, so Hazell would have missed the Cheltenham game if he was booked last night OR on Saturday.

1 match ban for 5 yellows (if before March), 2 match ban for 10 yellows (If before middle fo April), 3 match ban for 15 yellows, disciplinary hearing for 25/30/35 yellows!

Edited by Simpo

hughes was fantastic..but i cant help wondering how the reaction would have been if mr davies had missed all those chances especially when he rounded the keeper and had the shot blocked on the line.

Hehe you're almost meaning that Davies and Hughes are about similar in class and ability there.

Hughes also flicked a ball back onto the pitch, but the keeper had already taken the goal kick, resulting in a stray ball. Eventually the ballboy plucked up courage to retrieve it, before the Ref could spot it and report the Club, possibly leading to a multibollocking !

Does the mulitball system mean that we can get a couple of extra pairs for Hughesy for when his originals play up? Testicular rotation sounds painfull, but believe me, it’s the way forward!

Hehe you're almost meaning that Davies and Hughes are about similar in class and ability there.

not at all, what im trying to say is, they both play for our club, but if davies had played last night and played well but missed all those chances, these threads would be reading very differently today.

the reactions at the ground at each missed chance would have been very different aswell, especially the chance i mentioned earlier

not at all, what im trying to say is, they both play for our club, but if davies had played last night and played well but missed all those chances, these threads would be reading very differently today.

the reactions at the ground at each missed chance would have been very different aswell, especially the chance i mentioned earlier

Not only Davies, but Smalley will also agree with you from his early experience in the first team.

All in all reading this it seems to boil down to the fact we had a forward who chased down their back four and didn't allow them to be on the front foot. This in turn forced their midfield back... Allott back to his best as he had space and Rudes had his best game ...... yes you guessed it because their forwards were not in his face as they couldn't leave that big gap between their midfield and them.

Hughes performance complimented by the way Lewis plays, they share the work load up front both with their own style.

it's not rocket science to realise having the oppo on the back foot will win you games and going off recent results Lewis is the man to do this!!!!

yes yes yes spot on.

why would the ref report the club diego?,thought he would just instruct the ballboys to do away with the multi ball system.ktf.

The suspension for yellow cards for some reason starts 7 days after the 5th yellow, so Hazell would have missed the Cheltenham game if he was booked last night OR on Saturday.

1 match ban for 5 yellows (if before March), 2 match ban for 10 yellows (If before middle fo April), 3 match ban for 15 yellows, disciplinary hearing for 25/30/35 yellows!

Cheers Simpo.

So if that's the case, then let's have no more yellows for the rest of the season from Hazell, Hughes or Allott :grin:

that was brilliant, i was still giggling about that this morning!! just reminded my lad and half way thru he realised what i was going to say, and burst out laughing!!

why would the ref report the club diego?,thought he would just instruct the ballboys to do away with the multi ball system.ktf.

I was under the wrong impression that the ref had to include it in his report before the multi-ball system could be discontinued by the Football League. However, you're correct and it's an immediate £4,000 fine if the ref discontinues it.

True. But then Hughes has never repeatedly pissed us off through awful decision making, running down blind alleys, missing sitters, 'pinball feet', petulance and sulking. Also Craig probably wouldnt have had all those chances to miss! Although to be fair he does make chances for himself, like Hughesy did with ease a few times last night. Still think he could come good but he's going to have to wait a while for another chance to do so.

True. But then Hughes has never repeatedly pissed us off through awful decision making, running down blind alleys, missing sitters, 'pinball feet', petulance and sulking. Also Craig probably wouldnt have had all those chances to miss! Although to be fair he does make chances for himself, like Hughesy did with ease a few times last night. Still think he could come good but he's going to have to wait a while for another chance to do so.

Although he's not shone so far in a very stop/start season for the Davies, I think it's very unfair to compare him with Hughes.

Davies has the 'potential' to be a good lower league, decent championship striker, yet obviously has one or two issues to sort out.

Comparing him to a striker who has been sold for over £7million and was once (1998) the countrys top striker, is a bit harsh.

Although he's not shone so far in a very stop/start season for the Davies, I think it's very unfair to compare him with Hughes.

Davies has the 'potential' to be a good lower league, decent championship striker, yet obviously has one or two issues to sort out.

Comparing him to a striker who has been sold for over £7million and was once (1998) the countrys top striker, is a bit harsh.

I didn't mean to compare them, if I did do. I was just pointing out why Davies would get stick for missing the chances Hughes missed last night.

To be honest, I thought he was fantastic last night. But for their keeper, who I believe is the best in the League, he would have scored a hatful. His discipline worries me at times though, time and time again last night he was getting involved in things that didn't concern him and risking a second booking. That said, he lead the line superbly.

I agree, I think Hughes and Allott were two of the players Shez was referring to.

Their keeper should have got to the second goal when he came out. I also thought his goal kicks were rubbish a lot of the time.