Horror game, Horror Manager.....

For me my Horror game was Grimsby @ home Feb 96/97.

I had arranged to bring 4 nephews & nieces (must have a been a cheap deal on for kids)

Getting to the game i had 'bigged' the club up and were telling them how we would murder Grimsby, i had filled

them with sugar and they were buzzing!....

Sat at the front of the Chaddy (this was the main home stand in them days..... :unsure:)

As you'll all remember it was a dire match, we got beat 3-0 and it rained.

I then had to return 4 bored, tired, never to return kids...

The whole season was dire and we were relegated therefore my worst manager

goes to the pairing of Sharvey

Cannot bring to mind a worst player.....there have been so many

Oh well Happy Halloween........ :)

I had arranged to bring 4 nephews & nieces (must have a been a cheap deal on for kids)

Getting to the game i had 'bigged' the club up and were telling them how we would murder Grimsby, i had filled

Sat at the front of the Chaddy (this was the main home stand in them days..... :unsure:)

Good on you for trying to get your nephews and nieces interested but your timing was pretty poor there. Only saving grace was that it was Laurel and Hardies last game in charge.

Yep agree totally, I worked weekends at the time and actually rang in sick to go to this one as I'd not seen a game since the 0-0 draw vs Portsmouth the previous November. Worst thing about the Grimsby game was...............it was my 20th Birthday, there have been many lows following latics over the years but that night I could have parchuted out of a snake's arse.

Still my 27th Birthday vs Grimsby was far more fun!

I remember when we got battered at home to a very good bristol Rovers side 5-1,think Jmaie Curerton scored them all that was a bad one, also trabelled down to Gillingham, away on my own when i was 16, went on the Barlows and got abused by about 5 fat mockney numptys for the entire 90 minutes which wasn't pleasant - lost first 5 games and this one went no differently, scored the first goal of the season but it was little consolation, should have moved but boyish pride kept me stood there

Edited by longtimeblue

Horror game – Luton away last season. The day hope died. We decided afterwards to pretend that we had just gone for a cultural excursion in Bedfordshire with no football match involved. Closely followed by Brentford away. Hundreds of Latics swept out to sea and lost forever, and the worst performance I have ever seen. Both games lasted for approximately 7 hours.

Horror player – Dean Crowe was very, very bad at football.

Horror manager – he had a rough deal with the number of overpaid tossers in the squad but looking back it was pretty desperate under Talbot.

Horror game, away to Rushden and Diamonds a few years back, cold and wet, think we got battered 4-1. Hated being there for that game.

Horror player, alot will disagree but I was never more fustrated more than seeing any other player play than Jermaine Johnson.

Horror Manager, Mooreon

That Grimsby game still send shivers down me.

Just awful. I remember my Dad, a fan of 30 years asking me if I wanted to go anymore. It was that bad. People just completely ignoring the game and other mocking the efforts of the team and the two planks guiding it.

Just had a look on Soccerbase and they lined up like this:

Kelly ,Fleming ,Carl Serrant ,Henry ,Snodin ,Graham ,Scott McNiven (Rickers ,45 ) ,Barlow (Beresford ,45 ) ,Ormondroyd ,Banger ,Richardson.

Looking back, Kelly probably saved it from being ten. Defence looks reasonably alright!

Henry and Rico in the middle too, hang on there's some potential here.

Ahh the strikers. Probably could sue on the trades description act with that one.

Horror Game: Man Utd 3 – 0 Oldham

Wasn’t at the game but was watching it on the live screen at BP. Not good sitting in the Chaddy end and having a load of man scum fans watching and cheering when they scored. A few fights broke out if I remember rightly. Left at half time and got pissed wet through.

Horror Manager: Graeme Sharp

Never a manager, shouldn’t have been given the job, shouldn’t have took the job.

Horror Player: If a players rubbish , then he’s rubbish. The one thing I cannot stand is when a player has talent and doesn't use it - Craig Davies is becoming one of the worst examples.

Game - Cardiff 1-7.

Worst ever home defeat and at the time we were 6th and 7th in the league fighting for the play-offs, to be so badly humiliated by a near rival was torture. Also it means my memories of Goram in an Oldham shirt will always be tainted.

Player - Phil Starbuck.

Cannot ever remember thinking anything positive about him during his entire time at Latics. Made me think Rocket Ronnie Jepson wasn't that bad. Some acheivment.

Manager - Warnock

More becuase I think he is an obnoxious git who cannot lose with any grace at all. Ever. Though in terms of quality of football served up he is up there as well - though Wadsworth (4-5-1 at home!), Talbot, Moore and Sharpe all come close in that regard, just non of them are quite as annoying as Warnock.

Guest sheridans_world

Game: Wrexham away in the cup on a Tuesday night (lost 6-3 on agg I think). Only for me to go and watch us play Wrexham away on the Saturday and loose that 1-0.

Manager: Sharp

Player: Adrian Littlejohn

i was going to say moore but he saved us so not really ar**d about him

TALBOT

BRANSTON

CARDIFF 7.1

Horror Game Fa cup semi Final V Scum ... I dont think I have ever been more deflated in my life.... Scarred by that goal so much so so much.

Manager: Greame (Unemployable since) Sharpe

Player : Mmmmm John Mcginlay !!!!!! super .... my a**e

Guest oa_exile

Horror Game : Ipswich away in 97' fighting for survival in the Championship we were 3:0 down at HT (?),eventually losing 5:0 (?)

was a Loooooooooong way to travel to see to see us get hammered.

Horror Manager : Talbot

Horror Player : Darren Beckford , Worst first touch of a player I ever have seen in a Latics ...........all £500K worth :mad:

Horror game: Semi-final 1994. Not so much the game itself but had nightmares about that goal for years, and the replay was just painful.

Horror manager: Graeme Sharp. If you love Everton so much p*ss off back there.

Horror player: Kevin Betsy. His half-arsed effort against Torquay when we were fighting relegation in 2005 was one of the worst performances i've ever seen.