oldham fans

first of all 1 to 11 rubbish, we got what we deserved today.

ive been watching oldham since 85/86, ive seen the ups and the downs and over the past few years we have been crap but what pisses me off the most is the fans.

today was a digrace, YES we played bad! but since when did we have a dive right to beat teams like yeovil. (anybody for that matter)

paul warne scored against OUR team and celebrated like it had gone out of fashion and some "OLDHAM FANS" clapped him. talk about loyalty from both!

paul warne was a hard working player when he was with us but neal eardly is twice the player he is and there is a 11 year gap between them, he passes better, he crosses better , he tackles better, he has more awarness about him. HE IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER. ( warne had one good season in his career , and it was with us)

our best chances in the firsy half ( 2 of them ) came from whos crosses?...EARDLEY but then 2 balls got blocked - abuse to eardly.

this is the same player who made 2 goals on tuesday (one by luck but check the records, it doesnt say that)

paul warne got clapped off by some fans but it was more of a reception than than OUR OWN PLAYER got when he was subbed.

who is the most talented right full back oldham have had since denis irwin? (no matter what division)

we where crap, but since when is it all the right fullbacks fault?

"fans" actually stayed back to boo today why? go home earley like the others

and for all those that think lewis is a world beater, where was he today? we needed pace today but that would mean picking the scapegoat (wheres he?)

footballs about opinions everybody has ther own and in my opinion the majority of oldham fans do not have a clue about football, have their faves who can do no wrong and their scapegoats.

lomax defends exactly the same as eardley but he adds far less to to team distribution wise, 2/3 weeks ago he passed 2 yards and was applauded, eardley did the same today and on tuesday and some fans had a go because it was..............?

rant rant rant, ive had enough, i will finish tommorow :angry::disappointed:

Warne got clapped because he spent however many seasons chasing lost causes which fans always appreciated.

Eardley didn't get clapped because he was so bloody awful today he should have been subbed.

Not at all keen on booing my own team, so point taken.

Think Alessandra is the key to promotion this season if we're going to play 4-4-2. Not sure he should have been subbed when he was, but Shez had to do something as it clearly wasn't going to happen if he left it the same.

i agree with the majority of what your saying, i agree about eardley being a good player and when things dont go his way the booers come out in their numbers which makes him worse you can clearly see his head goes down and he doesnt want a touch of the ball in case of making a mistake and getting booed again, this is criminal by some of our fans and i cant beleive they do it so much, we should be encouraging our younger players not shouting all the abuse in the world at them. for me today lewis was a lot worse than eardley and did you hear a single boo towards him no you didnt our fans are a joke at times.

the bit i do disagree with is the paul warne bit, i loved warney when he was here obviously not a great player but he tried and tried and thats what id love to see from some of our players yesterday, they just gave up at 2 - 0. granted clapping him after hes just scored against us is a bit OTT but he deserved his ovation when he went off yesterday IMO.

I cannot believe that we 'boo our own' and clap a 'former player' friggin regardless of who he is (never mind Paul Warne!!) after scoring a goal AGAINST us!!!! "he chased and chased all game long" Big effing deal -

When he was subbed, by all means show appreciation for his efforts, but just AFTER he has scored against us?? :huh:

And as somebody has already stated, players like Neal Eardley, who have EARNED their right to play for our first team, have played over 100 games by 21yr old, we boo/we criticise/we slag off at his first mistake.....yet someone who didn't even play 90 games for us/didn't set the world alight/didn't gain us promotion/didn't save us from relegation and he is clapped when scoring against us......fffffff unbelievable!!!

do you know anything about football you tool?

Is that your contribution to this post? Come forward with an OPINION which we can all debate and then validate your fountain of footballing knowledge.

Jonesy gave an opinion about the right back position and all you can do is comment on his football knowledge and then to compound your point, you revert to namecalling.

A number of people on here do not rate Eardley as a right back (me included) and would gladly take decent money for him or else move him forward to where I think he is more effective.

Regarding the point on whether applauding Warne is appropriate. I would do that about any former Oldham player who gave their all while he was with us. I also applaud good goals from any team. That makes me a football fan as well as an Oldham fan.

Is that your contribution to this post? Come forward with an OPINION which we can all debate and then validate your fountain of footballing knowledge.

Jonesy gave an opinion about the right back position and all you can do is comment on his football knowledge and then to compound your point, you revert to namecalling.

A number of people on here do not rate Eardley as a right back (me included) and would gladly take decent money for him or else move him forward to where I think he is more effective.

Regarding the point on whether applauding Warne is appropriate. I would do that about any former Oldham player who gave their all while he was with us. I also applaud good goals from any team. That makes me a football fan as well as an Oldham fan.

i applauded warne off the field at the end myself, but i didnt abuse our own players all game.

i also applaud good football and good goals, but warnes was not a good goal, it was gifted to him

my main point is though how can our fans have more respect for the opposition than our own players, weather they are having a bad game or not

warne showed a lot of respect with his celebration didnt he?

Yes. Hence my post. Good argument though, you clearly have plenty of football knowledge...

i think you will find that most sensible oldham fans and "football experts" from around the game will tell that eardley is a better player than lomax

as defenders they are probably on a par but eardley adds far more to the team when in possesion, yes he gives it away now and again but one things for sure when lomax and eardley leave oldham , one will go up a level and the other will not

i think you will find that most sensible oldham fans and "football experts" from around the game will tell that eardley is a better player than lomax

as defenders they are probably on a par but eardley adds far more to the team when in possesion, yes he gives it away now and again but one things for sure when lomax and eardley leave oldham , one will go up a level and the other will not

:shock: "Now and again"? Good luck to the lad if he does go on to play at a higher level, but he'll be competely out of his depth. Most 'sensible' Oldham fans I know don't rate Eardley by the way...

I have a preference for Lomax as full back, Eardley gets caught out too often by giving the player he's supposed to be marking too much space. At present, our defence is shaky and to keep Eardley on the basis of a couple of good attacking crosses does not help us towards a confident defence and getting clean sheets. Before anyone comments, I hold all our current defenders culpable for our present crisis.

I can accept defeat if the team give it their all and go down without a fight

Today was not one of those days

Yeovil out fought us, outsung us (all 200 of them!!!) wanted the result more than us, and got exactly what they deserved.

on the plus side, after 15 games we are still very much in the promotion mix up, i would sure as hell have taken 7th place four points from 2nd at the begining of the season after 15 games.

However, I dont think shez has any excuses now for not changing things round, and duno whether anyone else agrees with this but it seems like we do not have a plan B when things are going wrong, except to resort to long hopeful balls.

If we want any chance of automatic promotion, we cant afford to lose many more games. Im still confident we can nick 2nd place and I think we have more quality in our squad than most teams in this div, however I think we may have to settle for (or maybe even just miss) the lottery of the playoffs if we cant get any consistency,

Craig Fleming & Gunnar Halle are two that spring to mind (and argueably Carl Serrant), Eardley is nowhere near their class, he is a decent League 1 player and nothing more.

forgot about fleming, :disappointed:

halle was a right winger for the most part of his oldham career, he played a few games there.

serrant was a left back.

but ok you named 3 premiership players there who where all better, but all those players started here (near enough) and went on to bigger clubs, just like eardley will

so eardleys our best right fullback in 15 years or so?

forgot about fleming, :disappointed:

halle was a right winger for the most part of his oldham career, he played a few games there.

serrant was a left back.

but ok you named 3 premiership players there who where all better, but all those players started here (near enough) and went on to bigger clubs, just like eardley will

so eardleys our best right fullback in 15 years or so?

I hold my hands up about Serrant! He was a left back :grin:

But Halle was signed to replace Irwin and played right back for Latics as much if not more than he did further upfield.

I'm sorry but I just don't see it with Eardley, I'm not a boo boy, but I just don't feel he's more than a decent League 1 player. I like the fact he came through the ranks and stuff but I see a lot of Scott McNiven in him; great when he came into the side and looking like a fabulous prospect but then he just didn't improve as he got older. I can see that this is the way things will work out for Eardley. I just feel that he will not amount to much more than he has now, which lets face it is pretty good, he's a pro footballer and I for one totally envy him for that.

[/b]

warne showed a lot of respect with his celebration didnt he?

Quite. I have to admit to being a bit disapponted in Warne. I know the club released him and allegedly went back on their word so he's want to shove it down their throats, but he knows he is held in pretty high regard by 99% of Latics fans and I thought his celebration was a bit of a two fingers gesture to the fans.

Lacked a bit of class for me.

Quite. I have to admit to being a bit disapponted in Warne. I know the club released him and allegedly went back on their word so he's want to shove it down their throats, but he knows he is held in pretty high regard by 99% of Latics fans and I thought his celebration was a bit of a two fingers gesture to the fans.

Lacked a bit of class for me.

I agree I thought he really over egged it a bit, and yet he was still clapped off by Latics fans (not me mind). <_<

Another who was better than Eardley though!

correct we have had many players over the years better than eardley,(but all the players mentioned playyed in the premiership with us and other clubs (makin didnt with us) but up to now only one player has been mentioned that played right back on a regular basis.