it awful in there yesterday.

I moved away from there about 4 years ago because of all the bloody moaners. Now half the chaddy sit in the RRE which has killed tha chaddy and the RRE is half full or people who want to cheer the team on and half full of people who want to moan about standing and moan about players all game.

All game all i could hear was people moaning about standing and slagging our players off.

There are two sides to it. What the boring broadwayers were saying is ohh we payed to sit in here because that not here. Now we want to sit down and moan all game with a good view. Then there are everyone who wants to create a good atmosphere and cheers the team on.

Where every you sit in that stand its an excellent view.

So why not all the poeple who want to sit down in silence and moan about things and argue about being able to see the game.

The ones who want to stand and chant obviosuly want to be near the away fans where the atmosphere is.

Sorry for starting this up but i was so wound up yesterday and it spoilt the game before it had even started.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved away from there about 4 years ago because of all the bloody moaners. Now half the chaddy sit in the RRE which has killed tha chaddy and the RRE is half full or people who want to cheer the team on and half full of people who want to moan about standing and moan about players all game.

All game all i could hear was people moaning about standing and slagging our players off.

There are two sides to it. What the boring broadwayers were saying is ohh we payed to sit in here because that not here. Now we want to sit down and moan all game with a good view. Then there are everyone who wants to create a good atmosphere and cheers the team on.

So why not all the poeple who want to sit down in silence and moan about things and argue about being able to see the game.

The ones who want to stand and chant obviosuly want to be near the away fans where the atmosphere is.

Sorry for starting this up but i was so wound up yesterday and it spoilt the game before it had even started.

to be honest i am starting to regret gettin my season ticket for RRE. i want to stand with the singers but not when the average age round me is 13! the chaddy was good but half the match for me is atmos and i thought it would be better - tried looking round to see seats i could move to near the singers but away from the kids but i guess im out of luck! i do hate the moaning and booing of our side because it does absolutley nothing - booing when the games finished or when the players being subbed?? when they can't do anything? whats the point - just get behind the lads!!!

people who repeatldy stand should consider supporting a non league club ............... trust me it's not fun asking people to sit down all the time.........BP is an all seater stadium and if we don't seem to be able to manage the seating of fans ourselves it will be taken out of our hands and for the fans who like to sing " STAND UP IF YOU LOVE OLDHAM " then consider sitting since the taylor report such standing will finally get the club a fine of £50,000.00 and to start the stand closed to spectators the idea is to get bums on seats not the other way around so come on and support your club don't risk the chance of matches being played behind closed doors

agree atmos not the best on Satdi in the RRE but most of the season has been rockin - i dony regret moving there at all - as for the moaners, there will be pockets of em all over - I just try and drown em out by singing (normally for whoever they are slagging off - tends to bug em) - heh he heh

the taylor report such standing will finally get the club a fine of £50,000.00

The Taylor report is outdated, needs reviewing.

The enjoyment of going to a football is being taken away and football is being killed.

The players go on about the fans making a difference but when they try they get told off my stewards and old moaners.

I mean half the people who moan about it didnt have a choice when they were growing up, they had to stand.

Now we have to sit? its rubbish

Idiots who are in charge are killing the game.

The Taylor report is outdated, needs reviewing.

But it still applies - old or not.

I think somebody mentioned somewhere that if one feels so strongly about changing the laws (because that what needs to happen), join an action group or lobby your MP. That's what you vote is for.

Standing Lobby

Probably been posted before - but for all the serial standers - do something positive rather than moan on here!

For the record - I am mighty sick of having to stand up every 2 bloody minutes, but has anyone yet noticed that the standing folks are now beginning to evolve a little? The guy infront of me spent the whole game sat on the back of his seat, thus fooling the inept stewards into thinking that he was 11'6" tall and sat firmly on his backside. It was like being sat behind Ian bloody Ormandroyd!

KtF,

Derek.

Standing Lobby

Probably been posted before - but for all the serial standers - do something positive rather than moan on here!

That's the one Derek.

The guy infront of me spent the whole game sat on the back of his seat, thus fooling the inept stewards into thinking that he was 11'6" tall...

:lol:

Standing Lobby

For the record - I am mighty sick of having to stand up every 2 bloody minutes, but has anyone yet noticed that the standing folks are now beginning to evolve a little? The guy infront of me spent the whole game sat on the back of his seat, thus fooling the inept stewards into thinking that he was 11'6" tall and sat firmly on his backside. It was like being sat behind Ian bloody Ormandroyd!

KtF,

Derek.

Or Plug who sits the row in front and to your right. Even when he is sat down I can't see with that giant bloody cap he wears.

people who repeatldy stand should consider supporting a non league club ............... trust me it's not fun asking people to sit down all the time.........BP is an all seater stadium and if we don't seem to be able to manage the seating of fans ourselves it will be taken out of our hands and for the fans who like to sing " STAND UP IF YOU LOVE OLDHAM " then consider sitting since the taylor report such standing will finally get the club a fine of £50,000.00 and to start the stand closed to spectators the idea is to get bums on seats not the other way around so come on and support your club don't risk the chance of matches being played behind closed doors

If we all sat around and did exactly what the law said most of us wouldn’t now have the vote. It might be the law but the law seems quite happy to have a standing section at Man City which makes me think that the powers that be might not actually rock that boat.

As for the punishments, when was the last time a club got done for standing and/or had to play behind closed doors. Somehow I doubt that if Sunderland haven’t suffered that fate yet, I doubt we would.

It might be the law but the law seems quite happy to have a standing section at Man City which makes me think that the powers that be might not actually rock that boat.

Is that actually ture - that there is standing at City? If so then I suggest we introduce this and see how it goes.

Well, the game on sat was ruined for me too (and not just by the standard of play from us!) Persistent standing ruined it for me - so it would appear we both have something in common, even if our views are poles apart.

3 people in front of me started the game standing up, i asked them nicely to sit down, then got an ear full of the likes of your above post (moaning / ruining atmosphere / we can stand if we want etc) - then once they were sat dwon, they started standing up again for really exciting points in the game like Norm taking a goal kick, and Eards passing it sideways near the half way line.

Now, i guess i'm ok with people getting off there seats when we're looking like scoring / a bad tackle on one of our guys / bad refereeing etc, but FFS, when nothing is happening, obay the bloody laws of the land and SIT DOWN.

I manage to clap & sing songs from my seat, so all this rubbish about the fact you need to be stood up to sing is balls really.

The RRE is an all seater stand, as is the rest of BP - we have no standing areas in the ground; they're not allowed by the law. The fans can't try & make an unofficial standing area near the away fans as it simply isn't going to be allowed to happen. The stewards have a horrible time trying to make the standers sit, as soon as they manage it, someone sings that "stand up if you love oldham" song and its back to square one.

My issue with the standers is when its unessessary & all the time.

I also appreciate the fact that if peole stand in front of you, it puts you in a position where you need to stand too - but on saturday, the 3 in front of me used that excuse (people in front of us) when absolutely knowone was stood in front of them. These 3 wouldn't sit, so me and my group had to stand, meaning the group behind us had to stand....knocking on all the way back the stand. It's just not on!

Oh, and Derek Wilson's point about the sitting on the back of seats is quite right too, it keeps them off the stewards radar, but it doesn't stop your view being blocked!!!!!

Some common sense is needed in all of this - those that want to stand all game like in t'old days have to appreciate that it can no longer happen, we are in all seater stadiums, so sit down.

Is that actually ture - that there is standing at City? If so then I suggest we introduce this and see how it goes.

No, not true but they do stand all the game behind the goals in the end they share with away fans albeit actually being a seated area. They have done since they moved there. Threats to close ground or the stand to my knowledge, zero.

No, not true but they do stand all the game behind the goals in the end they share with away fans albeit actually being a seated area. They have done since they moved there. Threats to close ground or the stand to my knowledge, zero.

It's a a "singing section" that was set up officially by the club right next to the away fans. The fans that want to "sing" are encouraged to situate themselves there with other likeminded individuals. I suppose it's just a coincidence then that everyone of them stand and probably even more so a coincidence that the forward thinking Manchester Council, who also own the stadium, don't raise any issues regarding health and safety. As for GMP, well I presume they just charge a bit extra.

To be honest, I think good on for City, but if they don't get punished, I think any threats against us ring a little hollow. Though then again...

Edited by jimsleftfoot

well i used my common sense, and sat in a seat that had no one sat in front of me.

i also didnt want to be sat near a load of twelve year olds who, wish to insult away fans all game. my common sense told me this would be away from the afforementioned away fans.

just my story, im confident it tells me my common sense works just fine in those instances.

I was in the RRE on sat four rows from the top nearer to where the lookers was. Two guys slated the team from start to finish yes we plated bad but these guys refused to shut up. One was an old guy the other was a bald headed guy with a Chaddy end jacket on.

Sort of supporters we do not need.

People are saying common sense needs to be used but then not using it themselves in my opinion. The atmosphere is always much better when people are stood up, that's just the way it is. Yes, you can still sing and clap when seated but it's a fact that not as many people join in when they are sat down. If you want to sit down all game why not move into the T section right next to the I. I noticed nobody was stood up in the section apart from at corners etc. Why force everyone to sit down all the time and ruin the atmosphere when there is such an obvious solution? Move to the T, the view is almost exactly the same and the people in the I block will be able to stand and sing as they have been.

It is true, the standing section supposed to be Aisle 112 in the East Stand, right next to the away fans.

The RRE is an all seater stand, as is the rest of BP - we have no standing areas in the ground; they're not allowed by the law. The fans can't try & make an unofficial standing area near the away fans as it simply isn't going to be allowed to happen.

Well, the game on sat was ruined for me too Persistent standing ruined it for me...Some common sense is needed in all of this.

Well its was widely accepted that an area in the Chaddy was for standing and people didnt go there if they wanted to sit down.

and the comment about common sense and being able to sit down.

Lets have a little bit of common sense and say that the poeple who want to cheer their team on and create a good atmosphere are naturally going to be as close to the away fans as possible.

So common sense would suggest that for those people who want to sit in silence would sit away from there and seen as the whole stand has great views and half of it is empty there shouldnt be a problem.

That way you dont even have to stand when we score. Hoorah

As you said let common sense prevail.

well i used my common sense, and sat in a seat that had no one sat in front of me.

i also didnt want to be sat near a load of twelve year olds who, wish to insult away fans all game. my common sense told me this would be away from the afforementioned away fans.

just my story, im confident it tells me my common sense works just fine in those instances.

Thank you.

Maybe some people sit in areas where they know people will be standing just so they can have a go at them though?

Behind closed doors, I highly doubt it. What an absolute load of rubbish. I can see it now: Sunderland fans invade the pitch and attack Newcastle fans, yet Oldham Athletic fans are not allowed in the stadium due to occasionally standing up at exciting points of the game, singing in support of their team and enjoying the game a bit better.

And as for the 50,000 how come then only the home support is told to sit down, surely we will be fined anyway as the away fans mainly are stood up most of the match.

Edited by youngen