as going on about this b4 there is no rhyme or reson why enyone in the RRE ahould have to stand or if not jump up every time we or the opposition are attacking to that end, the view is excellent if all just sat the f down. the atmosphere i dont believe would b any different and attacking 5 away fans makes no sense whaoever and again singin the bloody yorkshire song to a group of west country yokels doesnt mke ny sense either, the Singers couldd do a god job sat on their arse and chant the songs that do mke sense

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to stand and sing "STAND UP IF YOU LOVE OLDHAM" go and do it on Tommyfield market or in upsteps....you cannot do it for 90mins at a football game....It's against the law. If you stand up due to excitement/incident or cramp, if the person behind asks nice for you to sit down, don't be an ignorant git and do as asked. If you want to enjoy the game in whatever manner you do....PLEASE remember that everyone else (well most anyway) are also there for the same reason.....so grow up, SIT DOWN AND BEHAVE Y'SELF :mrt:

If you want to stand and sing "STAND UP IF YOU LOVE OLDHAM" go and do it on Tommyfield market or in upsteps....you cannot do it for 90mins at a football game....It's against the law. If you stand up due to excitement/incident or cramp, if the person behind asks nice for you to sit down, don't be an ignorant git and do as asked. If you want to enjoy the game in whatever manner you do....PLEASE remember that everyone else (well most anyway) are also there for the same reason.....so grow up, SIT DOWN AND BEHAVE Y'SELF :mrt:

Somebody missed their childhood obviously

Behind closed doors, I highly doubt it. What an absolute load of rubbish. I can see it now: Sunderland fans invade the pitch and attack Newcastle fans, yet Oldham Athletic fans are not allowed in the stadium due to occasionally standing up at exciting points of the game, singing in support of their team and enjoying the game a bit better.

And as for the 50,000 how come then only the home support is told to sit down, surely we will be fined anyway as the away fans mainly are stood up most of the match.

Throw ins in your own half aren't exciting - I am sure you would agree.

Why then do several groups of people still feel the need to strike up a chorus of 'Stand Up if You Love Oldham' throughout the game when in reality nothing is happening?

I put it to you that there are groups of fans in the stand that enjoy seeing how far they can push the stewards and police at any given time.

There is certainly one small pocket that has one of their number ejected almost every game - the rest of them follow the police up the steps with the same certainty that night follows day.

It is posturing and gesturing at the lowest level - 'look how hard I am because I have been thrown out' syndrome.

Those that constantly stand are doing it because they like to push, push and push again against the ground rules and see how much they can antagonise those that wield the greater power inside the stand.

When they get thrown out they cry like babies. Personally I would send out a tough message and start to ban them.

Like it or lump it, rules are rules and it is illegal to stand persistently inside Boundary Park.

If you want a standing area do something useful and lobby your MP, write to Alan or whatever. Just stop spoiling other peoples enjoyment of the game - the players can do that enough on their own.

KtF,

Derek.

Somebody missed their childhood obviously

On the contrary (look that up if you need to), I spent many a game stood up at the back of a packed, smokey chaddy end, usually ending up stood behind some 6'5 bafoon who decided to stand right in front of me, 2 minutes before kick off - but that was when you could stand. Like it or lump it Youngen...you can't stand at bp now!! And probably systematic of a lot of what's going on in society in general, there is a real, "selfish couldn't give a toss about anyone else" attitude and when some ignorant, snotty nosed git decides to stand up in front of you all game, it is entitled to piss you off.

There were no better atmospheres at football grounds than when you could stand up....but no more.

Nowt to do with not having a childhood, just not behaving like one! :wink:

Edited by futchers briefs

On the contrary (look that up if you need to), I spent many a game stood up at the back of a packed, smokey chaddy end, usually ending up stood behind some 6'5 bafoon who decided to stand right in front of me, 2 minutes before kick off - but that was when you could stand. Like it or lump it Youngen...you can't stand at bp now!! And probably systematic of a lot of what's going on in society in general, there is a real, "selfish couldn't give a toss about anyone else" attitude and when some ignorant, snotty nosed git decides to stand up in front of you all game, it is entitled to piss you off.

There were no better atmospheres at football grounds than when you could stand up....but no more.

Nowt to do with not having a childhood, just not behaving like one! :wink:

It makes me laugh what some of the young'uns seem to think is, "hard," these days. When I were a lad :wink: it was hard enough to stay on your feet at times just with the crowd surges without needing to make out you were some sort of terrace legend by telling a bored steward to :censored: off.

It makes me laugh what some of the young'uns seem to think is, "hard," these days. When I were a lad :wink: it was hard enough to stay on your feet at times just with the crowd surges without needing to make out you were some sort of terrace legend by telling a bored steward to :censored: off.

Indeed LL.........."But there's no youth clubs and nowt for us to do!" i tell you what then, spend £20 of your not so hard earned pocket money and get thrown out of the football for persistent standing or telling the steward to go and 'thomas cook' himself! - bright hey ^_^

Why then do several groups of people still feel the need to strike up a chorus of 'Stand Up if You Love Oldham' throughout the game when in reality nothing is happening?

I put it to you that there are groups of fans in the stand that enjoy seeing how far they can push the stewards and police at any given time.

There is certainly one small pocket that has one of their number ejected almost every game - the rest of them follow the police up the steps with the same certainty that night follows day.

It is posturing and gesturing at the lowest level - 'look how hard I am because I have been thrown out' syndrome.

Those that constantly stand are doing it because they like to push, push and push again against the ground rules and see how much they can antagonise those that wield the greater power inside the stand.

When they get thrown out they cry like babies. Personally I would send out a tough message and start to ban them.

Like it or lump it, rules are rules and it is illegal to stand persistently inside Boundary Park.

If you want a standing area do something useful and lobby your MP, write to Alan or whatever. Just stop spoiling other peoples enjoyment of the game - the players can do that enough on their own.

KtF,

Derek.

And i was lead to believe the'HONEYMOON',period lasted 6 months,at least :grin:

But NO Wilsons moaning after a few weeks

Edited by SAV

Let's all sit and be quiet when we're not playing well and nothing is happening.........

Maybe you should just move to the 'T' block and stop moaning about something that will never change and in reality was pretty obvious was gonna happen right next to the away fans. It's common sense. If you wanna sit in silence there are plenty of areas at BP full of likeminded individuals.

Maybe you should just move to the 'T' block and stop moaning about something that will never change and in reality was pretty obvious was gonna happen right next to the away fans. It's common sense. If you wanna sit in silence there are plenty of areas at BP full of likeminded individuals.

I presume you misread my post, so i'll try and clear it up again...I have no probs with jumping up and down, singing, shouting etc.....without it you may as well close the game down, i love it myself......however, when you are stood up all game, wrecking somebody elses pleasure just for the sake of "i'm standing because i want to" attitude, then in my book you're a :censored:

Thank the Lord that 14.1 isn't done too vigorously/at all.

If my hunch about the contents of this rule is correct, I would be looking forward to my next game secure in the belief that Roger Palmer might still come off the bench with a late winner. What would be so bad about that?

Please dont bother commenting if you have never been to a game as it doesnt take much proving that there is a better atmosphere when everyone is stood up.

scuse me my good man never been to a game lol u TRYING to be funny only 30 years - and from the sound of it you probably never tried

Please dont bother commenting if you have never been to a game as it doesnt take much proving that there is a better atmosphere when everyone is stood up.

But this is one of the points - you don't have to be stood up to sing & clap & support the team. You can do it from your seat (you know, the one you're suppose to be sat in!!).

I, and thousands of others manage to do it week in, week out, so why can't a few hundred manage it too?

Its such an annoying generalisation that the "standers" love to make, all the people sitting don;t sign & clap & cheers the team; its balls quite frankly - just because you are follwoing the rules of the stadium & staying sat down doesn't automatically mean you are sat in silence. It is perfectly possible to do the above mentioned whilst still sat in your seat, and at the same time not peeing off the people sat behind you.

As i said in one of my earlier posts, i'm a big boy & have been going to BP for 20 years or so now, i'm fully aware that at points of high drama in the game, people will get their bums off seats from time to time - that isn't what the arguement is about.

Its the standing for no reason that is the hole crux of this debate - people who appear to believe they have a god given right to stand up all game, regardless of the consequences for the club or their fellow latics fans.

When Norm is taking a goal kick, or Ruuuubes is taking a throw in our own half - well, i'm sorry but i don't understand why people need to stand up for these parts of a game (as the 3 were doing in front of me on sat). To then go down the route of 'people are stood in front of me so i'm standing too' when clearly knowone is as an excuse, and then finally to turn arsey & rude when being asked poitely to sit down, then that's where the problems start.

I just don't see why these type of comments are bounded about because quite frnakly, they're pathetic.

QUOTE(LeylandLatic @ Nov 4 2008, 22:40 PM)

Let's all sit and be quiet when we're not playing well and nothing is happening.........

No! you can sing / clap / chant & support the boys when were against it or there is 'lull' in play FROM YOUR SEAT!!!

It's not rocket science, rules & regulations are in place which mean we have to sit down at games. Sitting in your seat doesn't affect the level or manor that you can support the boys in & persisitent standing directly affects the view & therfore the enjoyment of the people sat behind you - therefore - sit down & support the team, it can still be done you know?? honest!

But why should people be forced to move from the saets that they chose to take up at the start of the season? i chose my seat as it afforded me a great view right behind the goal. So why should i have to leave my chosen seat because of the actions of a small minortiy of selfish & inconsiderate fans who then turn round and say' if you don't like it move'?

Bullying people into moving so you can have a standing section isn't going to work. Everyone sitting down & supporting the team from their seats is achievable if the mindless minority stop being silly.

But why should people be forced to move from the saets that they chose to take up at the start of the season? i chose my seat as it afforded me a great view right behind the goal. So why should i have to leave my chosen seat because of the actions of a small minortiy of selfish & inconsiderate fans who then turn round and say' if you don't like it move'?

Bullying people into moving so you can have a standing section isn't going to work. Everyone sitting down & supporting the team from their seats is achievable if the mindless minority stop being silly.

Did you not expect that those that sit nearest the away fans would be standing up for the majority of the time? I personally didn't sit there by choice it's just I got my season ticket too late to get a decent seat in the 'T' block. I wasn't planning to have to stand up for most of every game, but now that we are I fail to see the problem especially when it was surely to be expected in that block. I wouldn't say they are a 'selfish and inconsiderate minority', they went in that block for a reason, so they wouldn't be in everyones way. Everyone sitting down is not achievable without killing the atmosphere.

er......yeah.....righto.........! Cos that's exactly what he was suggesting wasn't it?!

I was exaggerating to make a point that there are far too many miserable people on here just moaning for the sake of it when there are solutions that will benefit both parties. The standers aren't going to stop standing and it was obvious where this was going to happen, I can't believe that people went in that section expecting to sit down all game, IT'S RIDICULOUS! How is it that away at Rochdale it was fine that the whole section next to the main Roshdale home end stood all game. is it because people realised that that section was likely to do that and so didn't sit there if they wanted to sit? I can't remember any complaining after that game about standing and yet it was almost 2 blocks that stood for nearly the whole game.

I was exaggerating to make a point that there are far too many miserable people on here just moaning for the sake of it when there are solutions that will benefit both parties. The standers aren't going to stop standing and it was obvious where this was going to happen, I can't believe that people went in that section expecting to sit down all game, IT'S RIDICULOUS! How is it that away at Rochdale it was fine that the whole section next to the main Roshdale home end stood all game. is it because people realised that that section was likely to do that and so didn't sit there if they wanted to sit? I can't remember any complaining after that game about standing and yet it was almost 2 blocks that stood for nearly the whole game.

Eventually they will, whether through their own volition or if it is enforced by the stewards, police and eventually the council will step in and put further restrictions on the club.

It isn't moaning for the sake of it.

KtF,

Derek.