Corney and Hardy - Not Happy....

*Can't beat Yeovil, WTF is going on?

*Openly criticises Gregan

*Capitulated to a team near the bottom, should be beating Yeovil, Bristol, Swindon and Stockport despite the great results v Scunny, Leeds, Mongs and Trannies

*Alludes to Shez being told things aren't acceptable, Questioning preparation of the team for the game - when taking into account of how much travelling Yeovil have done last week.

*Feels like we're under pressure at Cheltenham

*Hughes acted idiotically, Key Player 1st Round loss could cost us £20k. Selfish to fans, owners and team-mates - yet still gets paid despite not playing for two weeks.

*In talks with a striker, prettyy far down the line. SC wanted to name him, Hardy said it is too delicate. Waiting for answer on Ormerod's availability for Saturday.

*Corney not happy with all the chopping and changing, felt striker was not a necessity until Hughes' booking now desperation.

*Enquiry was made re: Windass, answer was no he's staying put. May go for him again in Jan.

*Davies situation, matchwinner on a day, not playing no good to anyone. NO HIDDEN AGENDA.

*Corney, "If Stockport are a rival, we're in trouble! We should finish above them or what the hell are we doing?" Hopes CD will help Stocky take points of real rivals.

*Other loanees, not freeing up wages - more a case of players getting games. Get them fit then manager has a choice.

*Recall clause on Davies after 28 days

* C O'G should be back on the 15th

* Israel trip a long way off confirmation

* Looking forward to seeing Bob

* Hardy's lunch is a Donut, Corney "Joining the 11 we had on the pitch v Yeovil!"

*Hardy thinks some fans thought defeat was planned..bollocks...Corney thinks they're idiots and not worth discussing.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like gossip about the club and to hear the odd bit of inside info as the next guy does, but having watched that interview I felt even more depressed about Saturday.

It seems Mr Corney is not a firm believer in Sheridan’s preparations and basically gives the impression to me that he doubts some of his decisions and that his patience is wearing thin both JS and some of our players.

I like Latics world but sometimes I wish they wouldn’t be so open about grievances because it adds fuel to most people’s opinions that Sheridan isn’t the best professional manager out there or the most tactically aware one and that we are a hit or miss club on the pitch.

I like gossip about the club and to hear the odd bit of inside info as the next guy does, but having watched that interview I felt even more depressed about Saturday.

It seems Mr Corney KYLE is not a firm believer in Sheridan’s preparations and basically gives the impression to me that he doubts some of his decisions and that his patience is wearing thin both JS and some of our players.

I like Latics world but sometimes I wish they wouldn’t be so open about grievances because it adds fuel to most people’s KYLE's opinions that Sheridan isn’t the best professional manager out there or the most tactically aware one and that we are a hit or miss club on the pitch.

Shez out.

should be beating Yeovil, Bristol, Swindon and Stockport

Corney, "If Stockport are a rival, we're in trouble! We should finish above them or what the hell are we doing?" Hopes CD will help Stocky take points of real rivals.

That's quite breathtaking arrogance. I'm genuinely surprised someone associated with your club has come out with that. Why the hell should you be beating and finishing above clubs of a similar size ?

That's quite breathtaking arrogance. I'm genuinely surprised someone associated with your club has come out with that. Why the hell should you be beating and finishing above clubs of a similar size ?

I don't think he's being disrespectful over the clubs being of similar stature, but budget wise we're in the top three or four in the Division, even the most partisan County fan will admit you haven't really a pot to piss in, but do have an ability to bring through a conveyor belt of either your own kids or guys picked up from elsewhere, thus your young and vibrant side, that made us look like a friggin' pub team last month...Respect!

Cos you've only just come up from League 2 and we've been in the Premiership, now get back to fighting with Woodley Sports. We should be hammering you.

Forgot to add... We are MASSIVE!

Edited by Macca

Posted on the other thread that it sounds more like a fan than a club representitive. But the budget comment is probably a fair one, if the owners are throwing money (relatively) at the playing staff and have a more 'expensive' playing staff than County then he expects to be better than you.

Fortunately - football games and leagues are not deceided on such criteria or else it would be a very boring game.

Well said. There is absolutely no way that any supporter of Oldham Atheletic, let alone somebody connected to the club in an official capacity, should be audacious enough to show ambitions of beating and finishing above clubs of a similar size.

Who the hell do we think we are?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Well said. There is absolutely no way that any supporter of Oldham Atheletic, let alone somebody connected to the club in an official capacity, should be audacious enough to show ambitions of beating and finishing above clubs of a similar size.

:grin:

Fortunately - football games and leagues are not deceided on such criteria or else it would be a very boring game.

Actually, by and large they are decided on such criteria, especially at the upper end of the scale, and it is indeed a very boring game now.

Luckily, you can always rely on clubs like ours to try and mess it all up a bit and keep the interest going.

I think you've got a perfectly valid point. Many a time we've lambasted the likes of Citeh, Leeds and Forest for saying the exact same thing about us.

Oh, deary me. Don't change the quote to fit getting a dig in will you !