Corney and Hardy - Not Happy....

I think you've got a perfectly valid point. Many a time we've lambasted the likes of Citeh, Leeds and Forest for saying the exact same thing about us.

The day that clubs start to believe that a bigger budget and a large squad of proven ability should give them confidence that they can beat teams who lack these things is the day that football starts to unravel.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Can't beat Yeovil, WTF is going on?

*Openly criticises Gregan

*Capitulated to a team near the bottom, should be beating Yeovil, Bristol, Swindon and Stockport despite the great results v Scunny, Leeds, Mongs and Trannies

*Alludes to Shez being told things aren't acceptable, Questioning preparation of the team for the game - when taking into account of how much travelling Yeovil have done last week.

*Feels like we're under pressure at Cheltenham

*Hughes acted idiotically, Key Player 1st Round loss could cost us £20k. Selfish to fans, owners and team-mates - yet still gets paid despite not playing for two weeks.

*In talks with a striker, prettyy far down the line. SC wanted to name him, Hardy said it is too delicate. Waiting for answer on Ormerod's availability for Saturday.

*Corney not happy with all the chopping and changing, felt striker was not a necessity until Hughes' booking now desperation.

*Enquiry was made re: Windass, answer was no he's staying put. May go for him again in Jan.

*Davies situation, matchwinner on a day, not playing no good to anyone. NO HIDDEN AGENDA.

*Corney, "If Stockport are a rival, we're in trouble! We should finish above them or what the hell are we doing?" Hopes CD will help Stocky take points of real rivals.

*Other loanees, not freeing up wages - more a case of players getting games. Get them fit then manager has a choice.

*Recall clause on Davies after 28 days

* C O'G should be back on the 15th

* Israel trip a long way off confirmation

* Looking forward to seeing Bob

* Hardy's lunch is a Donut, Corney "Joining the 11 we had on the pitch v Yeovil!"

*Hardy thinks some fans thought defeat was planned..bollocks...Corney thinks they're idiots and not worth discussing.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Wow the lack of professionalism here is staggering!!!!

If this was one of Mr. Corney's other businesses would he be publically critisising it's employees and one of his Senior Managers, and even singling out one of his supervisors for personal critisicm. I BLOODY DOUBT IT!!! All this stuff should be done behind closed doors and a united front should be given to the public at large, this will surely drive a wedge between the owners and the employees. Rank bad professionalism in my book!!!!

Wow the lack of professionalism here is staggering!!!!

If this was one of Mr. Corney's other businesses would he be publically critisising it's employees and one of his Senior Managers, and even singling out one of his supervisors for personal critisicm. I BLOODY DOUBT IT!!! All this stuff should be done behind closed doors and a united front should be given to the public at large, this will surely drive a wedge between the owners and the employees. Rank bad professionalism in my book!!!!

Again!!!

KtF,

Derek.

I like gossip about the club and to hear the odd bit of inside info as the next guy does, but having watched that interview I felt even more depressed about Saturday.

It seems Mr Corney is not a firm believer in Sheridan’s preparations and basically gives the impression to me that he doubts some of his decisions and that his patience is wearing thin both JS and some of our players.

I like Latics world but sometimes I wish they wouldn’t be so open about grievances because it adds fuel to most people’s opinions that Sheridan isn’t the best professional manager out there or the most tactically aware one and that we are a hit or miss club on the pitch.

Spot on pal, Shez wont like that

SHUT UP!! ALL THIS 'IN HOUSE' CRAP!!

Corney is 100% SPOT ON! He said exactly the things that i (and i take it the majority) of fans were and are thinking, honestly, after saturdays display. There are absolutely no excuses for not beating or at least putting some effort in against yeovil and claiming a point. Hughes was idiotic. If i was investing money etc into the club and saw the performance we gave on saturday, with our circumstances squad wise etc, id be mightly peed off as well!!

ALL HAIL MR CORNEY!!!!

P.S that donought looked yummy...........

Jorvik_Latic,

Its common knowledge on here that I am not convinced about Sheridan as a manager and I am not the only one but this season I am not going to openly advertise the fact on here in a “Shez out” fashion as your probably relieved to hear.lol

However my initial post on this topic was more about the lack of professionalism shown in Latics world interviews and in particular the latest one.

I know it was said mainly in jest when Hardy joked about docking Hughes wages but when Corney openly criticises Sheridan and Gregan it makes us look Shoddy and without cohesion in the club.

How can he expect the fans to get behind the club and players when we are showing this diatribe on the web?

Mr Corney leave the criticism to the “Idiots” you talked about that where leaving the Ground (After paying their £20 no doubt) and dared to suggest or joke we lost on purpose to save giving free tickets away.

Also while I have my soap box handy, the previous interview with Corney and Blitz left a similar bitter taste.

They mocked our club and lack of fans not paying to come through the turnstiles then went on to talk about their own activity in January, “I am going to Mexico” “I am off to Aruba and Las Vegas” etc When criticising the people of Oldham for not paying £20 to watch us and support the team when money is tight, (and I am sure it is in some houses in Oldham this time of year ) probably an idea not to waffle on about your own self indulgences and to come across as two big time Charlie’s it wont help your cause or our attendances.

Before Latics world interviews I had nothing but admiration for Corney saving the club and putting up with losses etc and I still do, but FFS either get a PR Guru to advise you or don’t do Latics world interviews lol

Its one thing to show you care and are passionate but your alienating yourself with your own arrogance and at times coming across a bit of a t!t.

SHUT UP!! ALL THIS 'IN HOUSE' CRAP!!

Corney is 100% SPOT ON! He said exactly the things that i (and i take it the majority) of fans were and are thinking, honestly, after saturdays display. There are absolutely no excuses for not beating or at least putting some effort in against yeovil and claiming a point. Hughes was idiotic. If i was investing money etc into the club and saw the performance we gave on saturday, with our circumstances squad wise etc, id be mightly peed off as well!!

ALL HAIL MR CORNEY!!!!

P.S that donought looked yummy...........

Yes he is spot on, but my point is what is gained by saying it publically? Get them in his office and bollock the people involved, just don't do it in public

Just the feeling I get with the interview and all that. Are are the owners wanting to stir a little tension so when they leave after this season ( if we dont go up) they can blame a portion of the fans??.

Edited by Lukers1

Don't know about anybody else,but after that rant i can't wait for saturday

Neither can I, COME ON CURZON!!!!

I was 50/50 if i should go to Ashton or Latics but after Corney and Blitz saying that our game was the worst we could get and a boring draw for us my mind was made up, Ashton it is!

After going to Bristol & Swindon there’s not a cat in hells chance I am going watching our pre Madonna’s on another long trek.

Nice new non league Ground and an exciting team against league opposition that’s within walking distance every time.

Also while I have my soap box handy, the previous interview with Corney and Blitz left a similar bitter taste.

They mocked our club and lack of fans not paying to come through the turnstiles then went on to talk about their own activity in January, “I am going to Mexico†“I am off to Aruba and Las Vegas†etc When criticising the people of Oldham for not paying £20 to watch us and support the team when money is tight, (and I am sure it is in some houses in Oldham this time of year ) probably an idea not to waffle on about your own self indulgences and to come across as two big time Charlie’s it wont help your cause or our attendances.

Good point that Kyle.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Well said. There is absolutely no way that any supporter of Oldham Atheletic, let alone somebody connected to the club in an official capacity, should be audacious enough to show ambitions of beating and finishing above clubs of a similar size.

Who the hell do we think we are?

Ah CJ...you really are a turd! One minute you're saying we're not aiming high enough and are accepting mediocrity...the next minute you're lambasting the club for stating what it takes to achieve their ambition (beating the lesser clubs of the league) and their disgust at not beating a team set for a relegation scrap this year. They really can't win with you!

Ah CJ...you really are a turd! One minute you're saying we're not aiming high enough and are accepting mediocrity...the next minute you're lambasting the club for stating what it takes to achieve their ambition (beating the lesser clubs of the league) and their disgust at not beating a team set for a relegation scrap this year. They really can't win with you!

I'm backing them, not slating them, you silly lad.

I'm backing them, not slating them, you silly lad.

Wow...makes a change! I mis-interpreted your comments this time then. In that case, apologies this time!

Only thing that annoyed me about the interview was Corney calling the fans who felt we'd lost the game purposely so we didn't have to cough up the free tickets, idiots. Yes, they are...and I can say that. Corney shouldn't...those are the ones he ran the whole idea for...the ones who came for the pull of Scunny being league leaders, then came again vs Yeovil expecting to win and get another free ticket. The likelihood they'd be back for Orient will be less so now we lost to Yeovil, I'd probably even further less so now he's branded the cynical ones "Idiots"...stupid remark!

PS I'm very happy he said how it was over 2 of the highest pair players we've got. Both who are currently costing us on the pitch with bad form. He pays their wages...I'd be pissed off too if I did.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Has it struck anyone that the comments made by SC have probably been made many times before behind closed doors without generating the desired response?

It seems to me that he is looking for a positive reaction from both the manager and the team and feels that this is the only way to get it.

Either that or he's just a whinging sod like me.

P.S. Nowt wrong with bigging ourselves up against the likes of Stockport. SC clearly feels that with the right application we are capable of finishing in the top-two this season which, isn't somewhere the Stockport board would expect to be.

Neither can I, COME ON CURZON!!!!

I was 50/50 if i should go to Ashton or Latics but after Corney and Blitz saying that our game was the worst we could get and a boring draw for us my mind was made up, Ashton it is!

After going to Bristol & Swindon there's not a cat in hells chance I am going watching our pre Madonna's on another long trek.

Nice new non league Ground and an exciting team against league opposition that's within walking distance every time.

That typo has me laughing my nads off. Quality Kyle, absolute quality.

KtF,

Derek.

In simple terms..........

You guys pay your £20 a game and in doing so say that your entitled to come on "your website" and give your opinion on what you have just watched..........

Corney pays over £10k per week in losses to the club which entitles him to go on "his website" and air his views on what he has watched. The only difference is that he can do it with a video rather than typing, and he pays a LOT more money than the rest of us.

I totally agree with what he said in the interview............

Oh, and YES that dougnut did look lovely didnt it, i can just taste the jam now ^_^

You guys pay your £20 a game and in doing so say that your entitled to come on "your website" and give your opinion on what you have just watched..........

Corney pays over £10k per week in losses to the club which entitles him to go on "his website" and air his views on what he has watched. The only difference is that he can do it with a video rather than typing, and he pays a LOT more money than the rest of us.

Oh, and YES that dougnut did look lovely didnt it, i can just taste the jam now ^_^

Simpsons_Donuts-01.jpg

Little did Alan know, that once the camera stopped rolling the Donut would Simon's..............

Edited by oafcprozac

Totally agree Chaddy, some people are blowing this way, way out of proportion.

Totally agree Chaddy, some people are blowing this way, way out of proportion.

Hughes and Greegs are big and ugly enough to take whatever criticism is thrown their way. As for calling his paying customer's 'idiots' that is a dropped bollock of Ratner magnitude. Whilst his commets were on a subscription only internet media channel, word has spread like wildfire on here (through myself and others relaying the comments back to our fellow fans) and no doubt the Chron will have field day tomorrow night, further increasing the apathy within the town.

Yes they are idiot's for alluding to such a preposterous accusation but decorum, Simon...decorum. Surely the money he's spent on his jolly up to Mexico would have been better served spent on his emergency foot removal from his gob operation.