Corney and Hardy - Not Happy....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they are idiot's for alluding to such a preposterous accusation but decorum, Simon...decorum. Surely the money he's spent on his jolly up to Mexico would have been better served spent on his emergency foot removal from his gob operation.

I don't know, sometimes I say things in the full knowledge of some negative consequences. Maybe Simon has decided he would rather do without people who spread :censored: about him benefitting from his deep pockets, even if it leaves him further out of pocket.

*Can't beat Yeovil, WTF is going on?

*Openly criticises Gregan

*Capitulated to a team near the bottom, should be beating Yeovil, Bristol, Swindon and Stockport despite the great results v Scunny, Leeds, Mongs and Trannies

*Alludes to Shez being told things aren't acceptable, Questioning preparation of the team for the game - when taking into account of how much travelling Yeovil have done last week.

*Feels like we're under pressure at Cheltenham

*Hughes acted idiotically, Key Player 1st Round loss could cost us £20k. Selfish to fans, owners and team-mates - yet still gets paid despite not playing for two weeks.

*In talks with a striker, prettyy far down the line. SC wanted to name him, Hardy said it is too delicate. Waiting for answer on Ormerod's availability for Saturday.

*Corney not happy with all the chopping and changing, felt striker was not a necessity until Hughes' booking now desperation.

*Enquiry was made re: Windass, answer was no he's staying put. May go for him again in Jan.

*Davies situation, matchwinner on a day, not playing no good to anyone. NO HIDDEN AGENDA.

*Corney, "If Stockport are a rival, we're in trouble! We should finish above them or what the hell are we doing?" Hopes CD will help Stocky take points of real rivals.

*Other loanees, not freeing up wages - more a case of players getting games. Get them fit then manager has a choice.

*Recall clause on Davies after 28 days

* C O'G should be back on the 15th

* Israel trip a long way off confirmation

* Looking forward to seeing Bob :blush::bob:

* Hardy's lunch is a Donut, Corney "Joining the 11 we had on the pitch v Yeovil!"

*Hardy thinks some fans thought defeat was planned..bollocks...Corney thinks they're idiots and not worth discussing.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Well this is going to help the team no ends.... well done!!! Publicly slating players and circumstances aint the greatest move, if you dont like they way things are going get rid of your manager otherwise keep it zipped! You surely will get the fans flooding through the gates with these remarks.

Edited by Davros

They own the club, they keep/kept/will continue to keep the club afloat in the near future, they don't do it often. They want us to succeed, they are more than entitled to say what they feel.

Cheers to the TTA for the continued backing of a 'finacial' sinking ship and cheers for mirroring (MOST OF) the fans support in the club. Good to see genuine passion from our owners (and Chief exec! :D)

Corney pays over £10k per week in losses to the club which entitles him to go on "his website" and air his views on what he has watched. The only difference is that he can do it with a video rather than typing, and he pays a LOT more money than the rest of us.

I'm sorry Chaddy but I don't agree. I don't agree with fans who pay £20 and boo our players and I don't agree with a Chief Exec or MD that pays £10K and publically critisises his employees, the result it the same, it dents confidence and destroys morale. I totally agree with what he said, but he gets the chance to get them in his office and tell them what he thinks and he has obviously earned the right to do that by funding the club. We don't, we only have media like this site to do it. It's not a question of money, it's a question of whats the right and professional thing to do and I can't see what was acheived by saying these things in this interview.

I've just watched this now, and I can't understand the fuss. I'd imagined that Mr C had been screaming abuse down the camera. In fact he just sounds a bit narked that things aren't going so well, seriously, I'm no corporate high flier and I've taken 100 times worse than that from various bosses over the years. He obviously picked the two players who could take it as well, the message will be heard through the squad but without any of the younger ones feeling picked upon. Storm in a teacup.

Incidentally, I just noticed that Alan's Facebook profile doesn't have a photo. Taken in a mirror perhaps?

I've just watched this now, and I can't understand the fuss. I'd imagined that Mr C had been screaming abuse down the camera. In fact he just sounds a bit narked that things aren't going so well, seriously, I'm no corporate high flier and I've taken 100 times worse than that from various bosses over the years. He obviously picked the two players who could take it as well, the message will be heard through the squad but without any of the younger ones feeling picked upon. Storm in a teacup.

Incidentally, I just noticed that Alan's Facebook profile doesn't have a photo. Taken in a mirror perhaps?

he has every god damn given right....he owns the club with his two other mates,pays the wages and the staff wages,gives the manager a target to achieve and if he sees it isnt happening good on him for comming out and saying it...

maybe just maybe its a very public kick up the arse that people need....shez is under no illusions that this is his pinnacle season...if he gets it wrong hes gone,no matter how sentimental a decision...cold hard facts would dictate that after having three seasons and an enormous budget for players he hasnt performed.so he goes....

in this day and age of hiring and firing he very lucky to have been given 3 years in the first place....many others havent.

as for calling certain fans idiots....thats for him to decide,however after yeovil performance they wouldnt of come back anyway...

and i think he is absolutely right to have a go at game preperation.....we seem capable of beating the so called big teams but cant get motivated enough for the bread n butter games....the facts speak for themself.

Wow...makes a change! I mis-interpreted your comments this time then. In that case, apologies this time!

Apology accepted, but it absolutely doesn't make a change. I have always been broadly positive about TTA's effect on the club, quite apart from the fact that they saved it from extinction. There was a time, as the club floundered under a series of managers and the squad was torn apart every close season, when I (not alone) speculated as to whether they were serious about promotion as opposed to establishing a stable, financially secure third-tier club, but the squad strengthening, as well as the effort to hang on to our better players during the last close season put an end to all that, and I haven't questioned their aims since.

I think you take every criticism of TTA on here, no matter who from, from what angle, and how mild or otherwise, and create from it all one big anti-TTA bogeyman.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

I have spent various times this evening checking to see what people thought and the outcome doesnt surprise. A bit 50/50. Some for some against. For me all in all might be the public kick up the arse Shez, coaching staff and players deserve. The only grip was the "idiots" comment but understandable cos he is clearly pissed off with daft comments when he put a geniuine offer on for fans. We all know SC would rather of had the 3 points and shelled out.

Livens up a dull Monday though. Im all for it. lol

I think the only aspect of the 'explosive' interview that even comes remotely close to criticism is the 'idiots' comment.

However, how would you feel if you'd backed an offer likely to cost thousands of pounds only to have it cynically thrown back in your face by a handful of fans looking for a conspiracy theory to hang their disappointment on?

The fact that alongside this non-story we're talking about the possible loan signing of Cole / Byfield / Kitson / Heffernan is proof if any were needed that the TTA want out of this division and if Simon Corney wants to upset a few people along the way then so be it.

I think the only aspect of the 'explosive' interview that even comes remotely close to criticism is the 'idiots' comment.

However, how would you feel if you'd backed an offer likely to cost thousands of pounds only to have it cynically thrown back in your face by a handful of fans looking for a conspiracy theory to hang their disappointment on?

The fact that alongside this non-story we're talking about the possible loan signing of Cole / Byfield / Kitson / Heffernan is proof if any were needed that the TTA want out of this division and if Simon Corney wants to upset a few people along the way then so be it.

Sorry...but I agree with the interview apart from the "Idiots" comment coz you can't tell the town to wake up and support your club, then call them idiots after. I can...you can...we all can on here! Simon can under an anonymous username if he wants...but as a Director who's endlessly called for fans (be it part-timers, cynical freeloaders and the rest) to return to the club he can't then call them idiots whatever criticism they label. Those turning up every week aren't going to be the sorts who make such accusations...the ones who are going to are directly the ones Corney wants back through the gates. Tip number 1 is don't go calling them idiots no matter how much the feck you off.

It should've been...

Q. What do you think to those who cynically think the lads lost on Saturday so you didn't have to shell out

A. They're entitled to their opinion, but as we're trying to win these fans over so they return to BP more in the future, it really wouldn't be in our interest to do that.

Ain't a rocket science response really.....

It should've been...

Q. What do you think to those who cynically think the lads lost on Saturday so you didn't have to shell out

A. They're entitled to their opinion, but as we're trying to win these fans over so they return to BP more in the future, it really wouldn't be in our interest to do that.

Maybe Stewie threw a curve ball! :grin:

What do the Holidays in Jan have to do with anything? I've just returned from Cuba, maybe I should have told the Missus she could forget Havana the money is going to Latics?

As for the interview SC is the man, if he wants he can do as he likes. Right or wrong something is going to have to give. I was jumping around the pool bar midweek and then they ruin my 40th with the Yeovil thing.......how unprofessional. Questions do need to be asked on how we can beat the best teams in the League and lose against the worst.

It's funny - we are in a league where virtually everyone agrees anyone can beat anyone and also faced with the fact that EVERY team goes through a bad patch - the reaction to our slump in form is astonomical - not helped by the coming and going of players as well - thought we did all our transfers nice and early to get a settled team - think Shezza hasnt had much choice with CD - he could be a grand player but aint got it upstairs - think everyone should take a deep breath, hope our 'bad patch' is over sooner rather than later and just concentrate on getting behind the lads hoping we can mount some sort or assault - too early to be writing us off for promotion, too early to think we are gonna win the league - no more knee jerking purleeez!

let him say what he wants... we can and so can he ive got no problems with that interview...

and just remember if it wasnt for the tta we wouldnt have a club to support nevermind a website to write stuff on.... the tta are obviously very good people and have the club in there hearts at least they love the club and not just sticking the knife in....

WE CAN RANT AND SO CAN THEY!!!!!!

It should've been...

I thought calling them idiots was fairly reserved as it goes. If I'd been asked the same question I'd have been tempted to say they are a bunch of cynical c***s who talk out of their a***holes, and frankly we wont bother incentivising fans if they throw it back in our face with such ridiculous comments.

Good on ya Mr Corney.

No issue with me over the 'idiots' comment. Had it not been jumped on and highlighted by some on here it would have gone pretty much unnoticed. Is anybody really going to be so offended that they dont come again?!? Doubt it. Most of those who did say it will have done so tongue firmly in cheek, like me, and therefore not be offended by the comment at all. Those who said it and meant it, if there actually is anybody that stupid, are idiots - so bollocks to them! I thought it was a funny comment, entirely appropriate and will have no negative effect on the club whatsoever. Good, open, fair interview.