Corney and Hardy - Not Happy....

*Corney, "If Stockport are a rival, we're in trouble! We should finish above them or what the hell are we doing?" Hopes CD will help Stocky take points of real rivals.

Really? Who woulda thunk it???

It seems nobody has yet considered that, whilst Davies may help Stockport, who aren't a genuine rival, he may also help them take points off other clubs who are our genuine rivals!!
Edited by Stitch_KTF

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny - we are in a league where virtually everyone agrees anyone can beat anyone and also faced with the fact that EVERY team goes through a bad patch - the reaction to our slump in form is astonomical - not helped by the coming and going of players as well - thought we did all our transfers nice and early to get a settled team - think Shezza hasnt had much choice with CD - he could be a grand player but aint got it upstairs - think everyone should take a deep breath, hope our 'bad patch' is over sooner rather than later and just concentrate on getting behind the lads hoping we can mount some sort or assault - too early to be writing us off for promotion, too early to think we are gonna win the league - no more knee jerking purleeez!

We all hope that the bad patch is over sooner rather than later but it is an alarming downward spiral that worries everyone at the club.

I don''t agree that this is kneejerk reaction - this is serious and needs to be addressed.

Sheridan can have his say on the training pitch and in who he brings into the team.

Corney can have his say on Latics world

We have our say on this board - and I love the debate, the argument and even the laughable stuff!

Keep the faith.

is 'idiot' just a matter of opinon? i think those that said it are idiots, but the idiots that did say it, may think im an idiot for ranting about mercenary fc. i know people who said it, and whilst they arent idiots, it was a pretty idiotic thing to say. so maybe SC could have dressed it up better, but im glad he didnt.

gives the impression davies isnt yet a complete goner, but can he play int fa cup? if so, should have been asked why.

It's funny - we are in a league where virtually everyone agrees anyone can beat anyone and also faced with the fact that EVERY team goes through a bad patch - the reaction to our slump in form is astonomical - not helped by the coming and going of players as well - thought we did all our transfers nice and early to get a settled team - think Shezza hasnt had much choice with CD - he could be a grand player but aint got it upstairs - think everyone should take a deep breath, hope our 'bad patch' is over sooner rather than later and just concentrate on getting behind the lads hoping we can mount some sort or assault - too early to be writing us off for promotion, too early to think we are gonna win the league - no more knee jerking purleeez!

Every team goes through a bad patch but the difference is the teams at the tops have bad patch's which are short and sweet where as teams at the bottom tend to be long and drawn out. Ours has gone on long enough now we need to remedy it a couple of wins weather they be scruffy or playing fluent football will do the job and it needs to happen now otherwise we are playing catch up for the rest of the season.

Every team goes through a bad patch but the difference is the teams at the tops have bad patch's which are short and sweet where as teams at the bottom tend to be long and drawn out. Ours has gone on long enough now we need to remedy it a couple of wins weather they be scruffy or playing fluent football will do the job and it needs to happen now otherwise we are playing catch up for the rest of the season.

agree 100% but thanks to our brilliant start we are still up there so no need for nooses just yet

Actually those saying the club sent the side out to lose are Idiot's. So what else do you call them? If TTA didn't want anyone to have a free ticket they wouldn't have offered and played for 3 points! Let alone playing to lose is corrupt right?

We all hope that the bad patch is over sooner rather than later but it is an alarming downward spiral that worries everyone at the club.

I don''t agree that this is kneejerk reaction - this is serious and needs to be addressed.

Sheridan can have his say on the training pitch and in who he brings into the team.

Corney can have his say on Latics world

We have our say on this board - and I love the debate, the argument and even the laughable stuff!

Keep the faith.

Spot on! This is the season we aim to be real promotion threats...2 wins in 9 and losing to teams who'll be struggling in the lower parts of the division throws some concern on the aim for this season. Hence Corneys reaction. It ain't a case now of "2 away league wins and we'll all forget the current gloom"...it's a case now of "4pts minimum and then we can start to think we're back in the thick of it" (4pts which still couldn't take us top!) We've given ourselves a lot to do in the next few weeks...just hope we do it. We've got the squad IMO, not sure if we've got the nounse tho.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I personally think it's good that the chairmen are willing to put their dirty washing out to dry for us all to see. The point they are making is we have ambition and potential and just recently the attitude is lacking and must be sort ASAP.

I'm sure Shez knows that the board have funded the squad this season for a reason and that as this is his 3rd year at the helm - it's now or never for him. He's said himself this season is massive for him.

He's got my backing - playing decent football (remember season unble big Ron??).

Only worries I have is how many chances we constantly miss vs the chances created. If we had a real decent centre foward we'd be top. If teams like Scunthorpe can get promoted - so can we and about time too!! X14 seasons in the 3rd tier has been painfull!!

*Can't beat Yeovil, WTF is going on? Totally agree, after the Scunthorpe performance the Yeovil performance was complete and utter garbage. We all said it after the game, so whats wrong with the owner agreeing with our opinion of a dire performance against a crap Yeovil Town side.

*Openly criticises Gregan - Not heard the comments, but would like to know more of this before commenting.

*Capitulated to a team near the bottom, should be beating Yeovil, Bristol, Swindon and Stockport despite the great results v Scunny, Leeds, Mongs and Trannies - Again I totally agree with this and feel we battered Stockport in the first half so much so they should have been dead and buried. 2nd half we rolled over and died as we let Stockport have far too much of the ball and in the end we tamely surrendered our unbeaten record. By not beating those sides, it simply undoes all the good work achieved against the top sides.

*Alludes to Shez being told things aren't acceptable, Questioning preparation of the team for the game - when taking into account of how much travelling Yeovil have done last week. Not a huge fan of any manager being openly questioned by the owner of the club, moreso when it is "alluded". If things aren't acceptable then deal with them in-house and take the appropriate steps to deal with any concerns. Airing these types of grievances in public just give fuel to the witch hunt brigade and

*Feels like we're under pressure at Cheltenham Agreed, and this is entirely of our own making for the fact we seem to play within ourselves against "lesser" sides which in turn brings problems we don't need.

*Hughes acted idiotically, Key Player 1st Round loss could cost us £20k. Selfish to fans, owners and team-mates - yet still gets paid despite not playing for two weeks. I'm surprised its take 5 yellows (4 of which were definitely stupid - 2 Handball goals, 1 stupid tackle after he'd been fouled then the ball slam). However, don't clubs fine their players for misdemeanours and surely a yellow card should warrant a hefty fine. Shez should read him the riot act for his stupidity.

*In talks with a striker, pretty far down the line. SC wanted to name him, Hardy said it is too delicate. Waiting for answer on Ormerod's availability for Saturday. Rumours in today's press that Byfield will sign initially on loan. Not getting carried away as other strikers with reputations have come and gone and done nowt while here.

*Corney not happy with all the chopping and changing, felt striker was not a necessity until Hughes' booking now desperation. Again this is an in-house gripe he should discuss with his manager, but it also reeks of SC wanting some involvement in team affairs. And despite the amount of money him and his two mates have pumped into Latics, this is a huge NO. Let the manager manage and stay the hell away from the tactics, personnel and systems he chooses to use.

*Enquiry was made re: Windass, answer was no he's staying put. May go for him again in Jan. No comment - Rumoured Windass is back off to Aberdeen anyway.

*Davies situation, matchwinner on a day, not playing no good to anyone. NO HIDDEN AGENDA. Another Jekyll & Hyde striker. To big a chip on his shoulders for my liking. Far to moody/sulky and this rubs off on the rest of the team.

*Corney, "If Stockport are a rival, we're in trouble! We should finish above them or what the hell are we doing?" Hopes CD will help Stocky take points of real rivals. Nothing wrong with this type of attitude, IMO. I don't give a damn if Stockport fans are upset by SC's comments. End of the day he's in charge of Oldham Athletic and wants the best for his club. Well done if he puts a few noses out of joint at the Plane Spotters Club, and if thats what it takes to get out of this division then so be it.

*Other loanees, not freeing up wages - more a case of players getting games. Get them fit then manager has a choice. This kind of contradicts the earlier comments that SC was unhappy at all the chopping & changing. If all players are match fit then they won't all get a game!

*Recall clause on Davies after 28 days - If he drops the attitude and has inflicted some damage on rival sides, invoke the clause!

* C O'G should be back on the 15th - Hopefully the match experience will have done him some good and he can add another option to Shez's attacking options. Especially if the likes of Byfield are here to help pass on their own knowledge alongside Hughes.

* Israel trip a long way off confirmation

* Looking forward to seeing Bob

* Hardy's lunch is a Donut, Corney "Joining the 11 we had on the pitch v Yeovil!"

*Hardy thinks some fans thought defeat was planned..bollocks...Corney thinks they're idiots and not worth discussing. - Oldham fans have ALWAYS been cynical. But Corney's response isn't that of an intelligent businessman and he should have just taken the comments on board and stored them in his memory bank!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

My thoughts to most of the post.