Striker Shortage - my arse!

The last time Shez gambled like his was when he fired Ricketts of to Walsall and was so stubborn he reckoned we did not need to worry about him playing against us. Well we all know what happened when Ricketts came back to bp dont we ? I think the decision to let both Davies and Ogrady cuptie themselves is an absolute joke.

There was a rumour last season from within the club that Shez lost out on certain transfer targets because he dilly dallies and can't make decisions.

Appears to be true and once again we are paying the price.

Great rumour, must be true, because it came from "within the club".

A rumour I heard, well not so much a rumour as Shez saying it himself, in person like! He selects people he wants to bring in, tells the board and they do the rest, negotiations with clubs, players contracts wages etc, he doesn't get involved, not his thing. Then yesterday says he wanted Byrne to stay but nothing could be sorted and he wasn't going to talk about it. So that poses the question who actually does the dillying and more to the point dallying.

Oh and if Davies is cup tied it hopefully means that the lazy self centred not half as good as he thinks he is waster is on his way out of BP. Pity because he obviously has talent, just not the ability to release it.

Edited by StipeTripe

The last time Shez gambled like his was when he fired Ricketts of to Walsall and was so stubborn he reckoned we did not need to worry about him playing against us.

You don't think Walsall might have insisted on it being part of the contract - him being able to play him in ALL games?!

Aah, come on you can do better than that, Latics fans are good at picking what went wrong after the fact. Pick (many) from any of these

Referee

Lines man

Hughes

Shez

Crossley

Lidds for missing his first penalty

Greegs for giving away the penalty

The state of the pitch

Our formation

You can't win anything with kids

Martin Allen

Weather

Etc

You missed off Richard Butcher.

I am however slightly amused by the fact that you think Hughes is so important that we cant win without him. I thought you would be celebrating his suspension? Sick to your guns now... :wink:

When the alternative is Dean 'I'm not a goalscorer in a million years' Smalley and Matt 'Should have been dumped years ago' Wolfenden you have to take what you get.

Great rumour, must be true, because it came from "within the club".

Oh and if Davies is cup tied it hopefully means that the lazy self centred not half as good as he thinks he is waster is on his way out of BP. Pity because he obviously has talent, just not the ability to release it.

Or a manager to help him achieve it?

Or a manager to help him achieve it?

LOL! So what, does she's have to wipe his arse for him now? "Ok, got out and do your best Craig, and remember headbutting people isn't big or clever". The lad is clearly unhinged, and no about of mollycoddling from Shez or anybody else is gonna change that.

He needs to grow up.

You don't think Walsall might have insisted on it being part of the contract - him being able to play him in ALL games?!

I think Walsall did insist on that clause but it doesnt mean it was a great decision by us does it ? By all means get Ricketts out of the club but surely the deal would not have collapsed on him being unable to play in one game ?

However it was sorted out, it was very clever business by the club to arrange the contract and the ending of it so that they were able to get shot of him when his gingernut smacking, clique building and cat munching ways became apparent. One goal against us is small beer compared to that.

The last time Shez gambled like his was when he fired Ricketts of to Walsall and was so stubborn he reckoned we did not need to worry about him playing against us. Well we all know what happened when Ricketts came back to bp dont we ? I think the decision to let both Davies and Ogrady cuptie themselves is an absolute joke.

don't get it

LOL! So what, does she's have to wipe his arse for him now? "Ok, got out and do your best Craig, and remember headbutting people isn't big or clever". The lad is clearly unhinged, and no about of mollycoddling from Shez or anybody else is gonna change that.

He needs to grow up.

....and so does the white, bald ex-con we have clearly chosen as the golden one from whose rectum dawns each day.

"Now Lee, remember that you are on 4 bookings and another one will mean that you are suspended. You know we have cleared out all your competition for places, but I am sure that if you DO get booked, it will be for throwing your body on the line for the cause and not for something as chlidish and impudent as throwing the ball into the ground in frustration.

Oh by the way, if you need any help preparing for Football Mastermind, just give me a call."

....and so does the white, bald ex-con we have clearly chosen as the golden one from whose rectum dawns each day.

"Now Lee, remember that you are on 4 bookings and another one will mean that you are suspended. You know we have cleared out all your competition for places, but I am sure that if you DO get booked, it will be for throwing your body on the line for the cause and not for something as chlidish and impudent as throwing the ball into the ground in frustration.

Oh by the way, if you need any help preparing for Football Mastermind, just give me a call."

You're right Rick. I can't dispute that, in an ideal world. You recognise that acts like that are born out of frustration, and to me this is both a good thing and a bad thing. It's a natural reaction which, ludicrously, warrants a booking (the bad part). But at the end of the day what is he really guilty of? The ref :censored:s up, Hughes is frustrated and the ref punishes him for it!?!?!?! Eh? To me it shows he cares. Ok maybe he should bite his lip and crack on - he usually does. Those times go unnoticed. It's the occasions he doesn't (2?) that he gets booked and then grilled for it. I wouldnt mind more players prone to a tant at crap decisions, thus highlighting them, even if it does cost a few bookings.

The handball offences just simply need cutting out. No defence there sorry Hughesy!

I'm starting to get the horn for TrikkiNikki's avatar.... I really need to get out more...........

Now, That is worrying? :grin:

You can't knock Hughsey's passion and I'd rather see him banned for acts of frustration than for laying somebody out on the floor. The newspapers would have a field day with "Bad Boy Hughes". Personally, I love it when his aggression converts into goals.

Anyone ever ran a footy team? Looking after blokes is like looking after kids no matter what level we are talking about - blaming Shezza for people tanting on the pitch is silly - he doesnt teach em to act like brats - it is just uz blokes for yer!

For all of your shorts and hair Leezy...you're bloody spot on..... all of this "he shouldn't be doing that..he's a pro".......and " he's paid a lot of money not to do that"...is a load of twoddle in my book...every saturday/sunday...many amateur/semi pro footballers are given instructions, don't carry 'em out..get bollocked. Some need an arm around them to remind them how "valuable" they are to the team........................PROFESSIONALS are no different