Striker Shortage - my arse!

:rant.sml: 'kin striker shortage...I'm fuming about this just rank bad management from top to bottom - reserve team is scrapped 'cos of the amount of injuries sustained. To compensate against this we form a much bigger squad to cover for any eventuality. Ok the deadwood such as JP and Thommo go out on loan but due to lack of match practice 'supposedly', (obviously down to the fukwit who decided to scrap the ressies and now we're bearing the fruit of this stupid, stupid decision) two first team strikers are allowed out on loan AND allowed to play in the FAC, we are left with a half-fit loanee who seems not to be eligible, a dim wit who gets booked for anything but football related offences so therefore banned for a game that's worth £20k for a club thyat constantly pleads poverty, Lewi who is something of an enigma, Deano who has hardly played all season and is anything but prolific and Wolfy.......Wolfy ffs - back at square one, panicking over the loan market and will they or won't they sign? We should not be in a situation like this one and I'll say it again, pisspoor management from MD - CE - Shez, some bigger squad we have and everyone but us benefits, feckin' joke...rant over. :rant.sml:

Wolfy FFS! :angry:

Edited by oafcprozac

He's injured too.

Dynamite youth duo of Lewi and Deano it is!

Didn't do too baldy when paired against Carlisle last season. More of the same please lads.

Well they have scored more this season than Davies , O'Grady and Ormerod

Edited by losesome

Well they have scored more this seasion than Davies , O'Grady and Ormerod

Lewi's played a damn site more too..... Deano tbh has been unlucky, as he had a decent pre-season and was flying at the end of the last campaign and I have been an advocate of him to replace Lidds on the right, as for Deano up front? Not sure tbh too much of a softarse imo.

Lewi's played a damn site more too..... Deano tbh has been unlucky, as he had a decent pre-season and was flying at the end of the last campaign and I have been an advocate of him to replace Lidds on the right, as for Deano up front? Not sure tbh too much of a softarse imo.

I like Smalley but i think his future lies playing through the middle (and no not just because lids plays on the right for us at the moment!) but your right he does need to toughen up for him to be effective there

Edited by Gemma06

:rant.sml: 'kin striker shortage...I'm fuming about this just rank bad management from top to bottom - reserve team is scrapped 'cos of the amount of injuries sustained. To compensate against this we form a much bigger squad to cover for any eventuality. Ok the deadwood such as JP and Thommo go out on loan but due to lack of match practice 'supposedly', (obviously down to the fukwit who decided to scrap the ressies and now we're bearing the fruit of this stupid, stupid decision) two first team strikers are allowed out on loan AND allowed to play in the FAC, we are left with a half-fit loanee who seems not to be eligible, a dim wit who gets booked for anything but football related offences, Lewi who is something of an enigma, Deano who has hardly played all season and anything but prolific and Wolfy.......Wolfy ffs - back at square one, panicking over the loan market and will they won't they sign? Should not be a situation to be in this one and I'll say it again, pisspoor management from MD - CE - Shez, someone bigger squad and everyone but us benefits, feckin' joke...rant over. :rant.sml:

I share your frustration.

I share your frustration.

AS do i you wonder who currently has the latics brain cell - i had high hopes for this season boosted by the start we had but stupid stupid decisions like they are making at the moment seem to indicate the wheels are coming off a little.

Letting 1st team players out on loan i can understand but letting them out and getting cup tied?? - so if anyone gets injured and hughes will do at somepoint we are screwed....... Or are they not taking it seriously (which we have been told they are) I just do not understand. you cant send players out on loan and leave your self short as we have done and expect to succead its just not going to happen.

The whole situation is just incredulous!

Cup tied strikers, injured striker, suspended striker and an on-loan striker that will, in all probability, not be be given permission to play. Add to that, the fact that we're anxiously trawling the market to get a STRIKER in before the deadline!

The plot has well and truly been lost and any enthusiasm I had at the beginning is very rapidly evaporating into sheer disbelief. If Corney was ranting, I can understand why!

:angry:

:rant.sml: 'kin striker shortage...I'm fuming about this just rank bad management from top to bottom - reserve team is scrapped 'cos of the amount of injuries sustained. To compensate against this we form a much bigger squad to cover for any eventuality. Ok the deadwood such as JP and Thommo go out on loan but due to lack of match practice 'supposedly', (obviously down to the fukwit who decided to scrap the ressies and now we're bearing the fruit of this stupid, stupid decision) two first team strikers are allowed out on loan AND allowed to play in the FAC, we are left with a half-fit loanee who seems not to be eligible, a dim wit who gets booked for anything but football related offences, Lewi who is something of an enigma, Deano who has hardly played all season and anything but prolific and Wolfy.......Wolfy ffs - back at square one, panicking over the loan market and will they won't they sign? Should not be a situation to be in this one and I'll say it again, pisspoor management from MD - CE - Shez, someone bigger squad and everyone but us benefits, feckin' joke...rant over. :rant.sml:

I'd love to disagree with that but I just can't spot on prozac!

For as optimistic as we can be and also say how good it is to see our 'youth lads' coming through and being regularly involved....Prozac is very spot on.

Hey we are like Arsenal...bring in the young lads for an FA cup tie..they are the future.......Oh no hang on a minute..almost forgot ..we've no fecking choice!!! :mad:

:rant.sml: 'kin striker shortage...I'm fuming about this just rank bad management from top to bottom - reserve team is scrapped 'cos of the amount of injuries sustained. To compensate against this we form a much bigger squad to cover for any eventuality. Ok the deadwood such as JP and Thommo go out on loan but due to lack of match practice 'supposedly', (obviously down to the fukwit who decided to scrap the ressies and now we're bearing the fruit of this stupid, stupid decision) two first team strikers are allowed out on loan AND allowed to play in the FAC, we are left with a half-fit loanee who seems not to be eligible, a dim wit who gets booked for anything but football related offences so therefore banned for a game that's worth £20k for a club thyat constantly pleads poverty, Lewi who is something of an enigma, Deano who has hardly played all season and is anything but prolific and Wolfy.......Wolfy ffs - back at square one, panicking over the loan market and will they or won't they sign? We should not be in a situation like this one and I'll say it again, pisspoor management from MD - CE - Shez, some bigger squad we have and everyone but us benefits, feckin' joke...rant over. :rant.sml:

There was a rumour last season from within the club that Shez lost out on certain transfer targets because he dilly dallies and can't make decisions.

Appears to be true and once again we are paying the price.

Don't know why everyone was up in arms at Hughes getting booked and leaving us in this mess , The managment knew when they let Davies go that he was on 4 bookings. The worlds worst gambler would have won money on Hughes getting booked over the next 3 matches so if it wasn't Cheltenham this week we would have had the same problem for the next league game.

Shez is under a lot of pressure now and most of it is his own fault.

TTA have backed him in all his attempts to sign players and hearing the last interview with SC tells me that the clock is now ticking.

Time to get big Joe back me thinks !!!!!!!!!

same thing happened last season, Ricketts on loan (for wat ever reason) and us scrapin the barrell for strikers,(constantine ffs) while he is bangin em in for his new club..you learn from mistakes, NOT US!! we havnt progressed 1 iota

same thing happened last season, Ricketts on loan (for wat ever reason) and us scrapin the barrell for strikers,(constantine ffs) while he is bangin em in for his new club..you learn from mistakes, NOT US!! we havnt progressed 1 iota

the only reason the ressies were scrapped is because 3/4 of them played most of last season in the first team to cover injuries....so half the time tp could only field trainees trialists n first year scholors....not suprising they got caned every game and tp totally dejected....however it was very shortsighted to say the least to scrap them....it would of been harsh on lewi dropping him back to the ressies,but it would of meant our players out on loan wouldnt need to be as they would be playing in a competative pontins league every week maintaining fitness.

at the end of the day hughes on 4 cards is always going to get banned,but considering it is a 20k game corney could of said leave him out of yeovil i want to go forward in the cup at least 2 more rounds...

omerod not getting permission to play isnt a biggy,not shown diddly squat so far being here....

maybe for this cup game shez should shuffle the pack....bring lomax back to left back....jones likes going forward so bang him on the left wing.....put taylor on the right wing use lewi up front and put lidds just behind him.....i would even say you could put taylor up front with lewi n play phillips(lad from bury think hes called that cant say for sure having never seen him near the first team) in midfield with liddle out wide.

There will be two people to blame if we go out on Sat, Shez and Hughes.

Aah, come on you can do better than that, Latics fans are good at picking what went wrong after the fact. Pick (many) from any of these

Referee

Lines man

Hughes

Shez

Crossley

Lidds for missing his first penalty

Greegs for giving away the penalty

The state of the pitch

Our formation

You can't win anything with kids

Martin Allen

Weather

Etc

There will be two people to blame if we go out on Sat, Shez and Hughes.

:lol:

Brilliant Coco! Set up your usual scapegoat before the game even happens, just in case like!

Balls like its hughesy's fault... we have enough quality on that pitch to hammer a team like cheltenham, even with pointless loanees and suspensions. Suspensions are part of the game, you can witter on about them being needless but they still happen - that is why we started the season with 7 strikers, and as has been constantly mentioned the fact we are in this position is ridiculous.

I am however slightly amused by the fact that you think Hughes is so important that we cant win without him. I thought you would be celebrating his suspension? Sick to your guns now... :wink:

Aah, come on you can do better than that, Latics fans are good at picking what went wrong after the fact. Pick (many) from any of these

Referee

Lines man

Hughes

Shez

Crossley

Lidds for missing his first penalty

Greegs for giving away the penalty

The state of the pitch

Our formation

You can't win anything with kids

Martin Allen

Weather

Etc

agree 100% - like shezza knows exactly what's gonna happen - damn his crystal balls ha ha :lol:

Shuffle the pack? Shez hasn't got a shuffle in him! Good grief someone will be sugesting something as radical as moving Chris Taylor to the right next.......

I'm starting to get the horn for TrikkiNikki's avatar.... I really need to get out more...........