Team for Sat

4-5-1

Fleming

Eardley Gregan Hazell Lomax

Taylor Allott Whittaker Maher Jones

Alessandra

Subs

Crossley Stam (if fit) Smalley Lids Stephens

Could work... quite like the 4-5-1 as a concept.... however I'd keep tayls on the left and Smalley on the right... more naturally changes to a 4-4-2 when needed... this is the team i'd like to see..

-------- Sneezing --------

---Eards Greegs Hazell Lomax ---

------Lee Maher Whitaker--------

Deano ------------------ Tayls

------------Lewi ---------------

If Lee isnt fit... then Ratters can keep his place... however I hope we see something new...

CANT PLAY LEWI ON HIS OWN UPFRONT!!!!

if omerod can play just keep it the same but drop allott and play maher

You miss the point of 4-5-1 when played properly. It means when you attack there should be 3 up front.

And please stop shouting (again <_< )

maybe give David Williams & Ryan Brooke a place on the bench

I'd play Williams from the start. I have firmly placed my irrational hopes on him being the one-man saviour of our club.

In all seriouslness, again, with no evidence. I think this kid could be amazing.

:wink:

flemming

lomax gregan rubes jones

eards maher whittaker taylor

lewi deano

summat different or lee (if fit) for eards

Square pegs in round holes.

We started the season so well with Eardley at RB and Lomax at LB. We are short of strikers so play 5 in midlfield with Maher and The Rat as the holding players allowing Taylor and Jones to patrol the channels with Danny Whit supporting Lewi by running from deep.

Cheltenham are not near the bottom for nothing but it's no good trying to defend and catch them on the break as their aerial bombardment will surely get a goal eventually. I say take the game to them and attack and defend in numbers with a line-up like this....

...................................Crossley / Fleming

........................ Hazell..........Gregan..........Stam

................Eardley............................................Jones

...........................Allott / Maher.........Whittaker

...........................................Taylor

.........................Omerod / Smalley...Allesandra

We sometimes have trouble holding possesion away from home so I'd play Taylor just behind the front two as he's probably our best holder of the ball. Jones and Eardley are more than capable as wing backs and can attack the flanks when were on top and get back to defend when required.

This formation would help us shore up the midfield when required and give Taylor much more of a free role and increase his attacking threat in the final third.

Eardley to full back and Taylor to RW would give us 4 4 2 at any time during the game!

Team I would play

Fleming

Lomax Rubes Gregan Jones

Smalley Lee Maher Taylor

Omerod Lewi

Which is great apart from the fact that Preston haven't cleared Ormerod, Lee hasn't played since pre-season and is unlikely to be fit and we've leaked like an old Ford Fiesta since we started playing Jones at left back.

Apart from that, sweet! :wink:

Which is great apart from the fact that Preston haven't cleared Ormerod, Lee hasn't played since pre-season and is unlikely to be fit and we've leaked like an old Ford Fiesta since we started playing Jones at left back.

but Ormerod is in the squad for tomorrow according to the official site.

I think if you look at the goals we conceded in the 7 games before Jones played and the first 7 that he has been involved in, you won't find much of a difference!

I think if you look at the goals we conceded in the 7 games before Jones played and the first 7 that he has been involved in, you won't find much of a difference!

In numbers possibly, but in the 7 games prior to his arrival we conceded 6 in 2 games - 3 at Burnley and the 10 minute abomination at Hartlepool. Other than that the defence looked pretty good. Since his arrival we've kept two clean sheets - one excellent one against Scunny and one against a woeful Hereford at BP. Other than that, we've regularly leaked 2 or 3 a game.

I'm not saying it's his fault, I actually think he's a belting player, I just think playing him at LB has unbalanced the team. I'd personally go back to the back 4 who started the season and concentrate on a) not getting overrun in midfield B) providing better service to our frontmen (or front man as may be the case tomorrow).

In numbers possibly, but in the 7 games prior to his arrival we conceded 6 in 2 games - 3 at Burnley and the 10 minute abomination at Hartlepool. Other than that the defence looked pretty good. Since his arrival we've kept two clean sheets - one excellent one against Scunny and one against a woeful Hereford at BP. Other than that, we've regularly leaked 2 or 3 a game.

I'm not saying it's his fault, I actually think he's a belting player, I just think playing him at LB has unbalanced the team. I'd personally go back to the back 4 who started the season and concentrate on a) not getting overrun in midfield B) providing better service to our frontmen (or front man as may be the case tomorrow).

I agree with the unbalance of the team bit.......but i think that's partly due to our midfield "4" being found out very quickly (allot limited...whitts, close him down and hit him!!, Lidds can't run and 2 on Tats sorts it!!!) rather than his lack of ability as a full back.........

Cheltenham are not near the bottom for nothing but it's no good trying to defend and catch them on the break as their aerial bombardment will surely get a goal eventually. I say take the game to them and attack and defend in numbers with a line-up like this....

...................................Crossley / Fleming

........................ Hazell..........Gregan..........Stam

................Eardley............................................Jones

...........................Allott / Maher.........Whittaker

...........................................Taylor

.........................Omerod / Smalley...Allesandra

We sometimes have trouble holding possesion away from home so I'd play Taylor just behind the front two as he's probably our best holder of the ball. Jones and Eardley are more than capable as wing backs and can attack the flanks when were on top and get back to defend when required.

This formation would help us shore up the midfield when required and give Taylor much more of a free role and increase his attacking threat in the final third.

Eardley to full back and Taylor to RW would give us 4 4 2 at any time during the game!

Are you Shez posting as oafc1955.............I hope you are :)

Edited by SAV