Isn't it funny

Well said Mr. Prendergast....Cheltenham away was never going to be easy everyone knows Martin Allens style of play he hasnt done that bad since he was appointed and we know Lloyd Owusu always scores against us....Great result to say we had two kids up front and were 2-0 down....Ok ok so its our own fault that we resorted to using two kids but so what we got the replay and are still in the hat for Curzon Ashton at home 2nd round!

Look Prendy, thinga are not right at the club at the moment. Not one Latics fan is happy to see Latics lose, nor not over the moon tonight we came back and snatched a draw. You call people a tit, well this post says something about you brother. Did you say this at swindon and Bristol recently? no you didn't but me pointing this out makes me a tit too. The situation this club finds itself in currently is a joke. Weve gone from concrete to quick sand in a 2 month period and we pay a manager and coaching staff good money to over see the club. Now quit your better than thou attitude and face the truth of the last 2 months. It's not good enough currently and it's that simple.

Edited by Lags

Look Prendy, thinga are not right at the club at the moment. Not one Latics fan is happy to see Latics lose, nor over the moon tonight we came back and snatched a draw. You call people a tit, well this post says something about you brother. Did you say this at swindon and Bristol recently? no you didn't but me pointing this out makes me a tit too. The situation this club finds itself in currently is a joke. Weve gone from concrete to quick sand in a 2 month period and we pay a manager and coaching staff good money to over see the club. Now quit your better than thou attitude and face the truth of the last 2 months. It's not good enough currently and it's that simple.

Don't really see it that way you know! A few poor results and a few minor annoyances.

It's some of the fans that are making mountains of it all IMO, and I can sympathise with the opening poster, the unrelenting doom-mongering on here can really grate after a while, but there's not much you can do to change people's mindsets I suppose.

Be reet. =)

We've had a poor run of form, thats it. I can't believe people are suggesting that Shez's job is even in question, we're 7th in the league and in the hat for the second round of the cup.

I came away from the game against Yeovil last week disgusted, but not at Shez, at the players, they were the same set of 11 players that put in a brilliant performance just 4 days earlier against Scunthorpe.

Right am leavin it there. Not one member of this board can question my loyalty to this club nor have it's best interests at heart. Like the rest on here, I ain't unique. Quite simply for me it's not good enough to lose against the likes of Swindon (who Histon sorted out today) Bristol Rovers (who Bournemouth sorted out today) Morecombe, Rochdale, Stockport, Yeovil and struggle at Chetenham today with few strikers available (after having loads 2 weeks back) and not filling the bench. Further I don't think the boardroom thinks so either! Like I said higher up the MB, Sheridan is paid to sort it and sort it he will or he'll be gone. I hope he turns it around. It will be interesting to see the fall out from Gregans none return for the 2nd half incidently.

Don't really see it that way you know! A few poor results and a few minor annoyances.

It's some of the fans that are making mountains of it all IMO, and I can sympathise with the opening poster, the unrelenting doom-mongering on here can really grate after a while, but there's not much you can do to change people's mindsets I suppose.

Be reet. =)

It's good to see that Shez changed it at Half time. For those who doubt him, maybe he does have a plan B.

Despite my backing of him earlier this season, Gregan has been going through a poor run of form recently and doesn't seem to have been able to pull himself out of the slump (although poor form for gregan is in some cases better form than some players in form if you get my point). So hats off to the manager for dragging off one of his "bigger" players when its not going well. It will be interesting now to see if he keeps his place next weekend.

Players do go through lean patches and it is the managers responsibility to either change things around or get more out of the player and hope he plays himself back into form. He hasn't played himself back into form and appears to have cost us another goal today so the manager really has no choice if he is doing his job.

However, it will be interesting to see the incident on TV. I'm not sure if it was Ferdinand or Vidic who got away with a clear pull on Nasri in the game earlier today and the ref didn't give the pen. Some you get but most you don't. However when you are not in good form these decisions do tend to go against you so maybe you should be more careful.

Cheers,

Harry

Right am leavin it there. Not one member of this board can question my loyalty to this club nor have it's best interests at heart. Like the rest on here, I ain't unique. Quite simply for me it's not good enough to lose against the likes of Swindon (who Histon sorted out today) Bristol Rovers (who Bournemouth sorted out today) Morecombe, Rochdale, Stockport, Yeovil and struggle at Chetenham today with few strikers available (after having loads 2 weeks back) and not filling the bench. Further I don't think the boardroom thinks so either! Like I said higher up the MB, Sheridan is paid to sort it and sort it he will or he'll be gone. I hope he turns it around. It will be interesting to see the fall out from Gregans none return for the 2nd half incidently.

Agree with what you are saying lags.

You are also right we shouldn't be regularly struggling against temas in the bottom half of the table when we more than hold our own against top half sides. It is the managers job to sort that out. Ability isn't the problem, but attitude, consistency and "preparation" are and more than 1 of those 3 issues are in the managers control.

Cheers,

Harry

You cant just make defeats up!

yes but at the end of the day the manager who manages his employees ie the players, is responsible for their performances and for the last 10 games ours have been poor to say the least.

Yeovil was a game where effort and will to do the basics like run, pressure and tackle was required, not one of them looked interested barring 5 mins at the start and end. Motivation in general seems to be poor at the moment.

A few have lost form as well which needs addressing by offering a chance to other players eg maher stephens lee etc. Either that or sticking with a squad of 18 players, picking the best 11 and letting them play for a few games to get some understanding - not chopping every game and loaning players out.

we all want the best for shez and the club and to progress - prendy it seems to me that losing 4 away games, in the manner we have, is acceptable to you. It isnt to myself or the vast majority of other fans and the owners who have invested large levels of time and money and want some sort of return especially this season.

If a company suffers a dip in performance, questions are asked and sometimes heads roll in order to move forward and achieve the aim of improving in the future. This is the same for shez. It seems to me he has all these players and hasnt a clue how to manage them, who to play ahead of who and in what formation, or how to change it when things are wrong.

i hope shez succeeds in getting us up as i like the bloke as a person, but the past 6 weeks have made me ask questions as to his ability to take us to our next level of improvement ie promotion.

id like to see steve cotterill in if he does go, he got burnley up/kept them up well on a shoestring and plays good attacking football and is a mans man. I think shez is too pally with the players. He needs to stand back and see things from a fans point of view in terms of how we play and who to pick rather than being blinkered all the time in certain players form.

i suggest he sits in the directors box and views the game from up there, far better perspective on the game and would see what we see

But what do I know i dont posess the coaching badges supposidly required to manage a team.....

Edited by shefflatic

prendy it seems to me that losing 4 away games, in the manner we have, is acceptable to you. It isnt to myself or the vast majority of other fans and the owners who have invested large levels of time and money and want some sort of return especially this season.

I don't believe it is acceptable, I just dont think it should mean Shez's job should be in question. All teams have dips in form. We are 7th in the league and still up with the pack.

i suggest he sits in the directors box and views the game from up there, far better perspective on the game and would see what we see

You could suggest that to all managers but who actually does it?

I don't believe it is acceptable, I just dont think it should mean Shez's job should be in question. All teams have dips in form. We are 7th in the league and still up with the pack.

You could suggest that to all managers but who actually does it?

sam allerdyce used to sit in the directors box for the first half,or until things get rough.

first and foremost everybody on this site barring the odd away fan are big oldham athletic fans..we all want to see the team do well...we all want to see the club in general do well.....the majority of us would like to see the manager do well....but there are some who quite rightly dont want to blow smoke up someones backside who they consider inadequate to get us out of this division.

shez as the player was and always will be a latics legend.....shez the manager is quite different.

pleasing things from today was he actually changed things for the start,then recognised it wasnt working and changed again at half time...that is a good move and what good managers do...my only gripe is the same as what shez'z is...consistency.

its not only down to the players to be consistent,but the manager as well...at the start of the season the way we came back against millwall and the way shez changed things around was like a breath of fresh air....sadly he hasnt done it often enough in recent games,stubbornly sticking to his game plan when its obvious to everybody it isnt working....and that is what will be his down falll.

yeovil was my first game....i will be back again as i know how oldham perform,but if there was a fair few floaters at that game they wont come back...

the basics were not in place,and it was like a pre season friendly pace for most of them..not a losing our unbeaten home run tempo game....

i only hope that we manage to scrape a few wins up and over christmas and it all comes good after that and we get what each and every one of us wants,promotion.

if come may and we havent and we are still miss firing and one good then 3 bad displays time to call it quits im afraid,and change managers...he will have had 3 years of the best financial backing any manager since big joe has had....and apart from a skirmish with the playoffs has done little to improve or move us forward.

Like against Scunthorpe, Leicester...

precisely my point - against the lower teams the players should have exactly the same work ethic and will to scrap for a result against teams they should be beating.

If it were me and id just played in a team that'd beaten scunthorpe, id go into the next game vs yeovil thinking that i would put in the same effort to win, otherwise the win against scunthorpe would be worthless and so it proved.

its a mental thing with our players not ability, and on this front i dont thnk shez has it in him to get them going as they should do.

But thats only because he has a bad neck.

Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho etc... none of them sit in the directors box. I dont see what difference it would make.

i think if you look at manure you will see ferguson sits in an elevated psition,there dug out so to speak is higher up than pitch level,has been for a fair few years...does this give him an advantage to see the bigger picture??? i dont know....but he does seem to know when to change things with great effect.

i think if you look at manure you will see ferguson sits in an elevated psition,there dug out so to speak is higher up than pitch level,has been for a fair few years...does this give him an advantage to see the bigger picture??? i dont know....but he does seem to know when to change things with great effect.

Its not that high. I just think its because they have a pretty big crown on the pitch so its easier for him to see the other side of the pitch.

Yes we lost against Rochdale brother. Dress it up as you like we lost and more alarmingly....they were the better side.

I thought we drew then won on pens? They missed most of theirs, Davies go sent off, my brother in law who is a dale fan and gave me a life said thought we were the better team, I thought they should have won.

I thought we drew then won on pens? They missed most of theirs, Davies go sent off, my brother in law who is a dale fan and gave me a life said thought we were the better team, I thought they should have won.

Yeah bollox we did win...... but yeah they were better!