All things Hughes, liability, offside, sending off

Hughes not allowed to appeal:

"A claim of wrongful dismissal may be lodged only for on-field offences which result in

a sending off, except for two cautions leading to a dismissal."

Misses the FA Cup replay:

"A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for receiving a second caution in the

same match will be suspended automatically from FTCM commencing forthwith, until

such time as his Club’s First Team has completed its next FTCM."

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/E5AD8DC1...edures08091.pdf

Does he miss an extra game because he's already served a suspension for 5 bookings ? can't decide myself after reading the rules !

Edited by jolly

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he miss an extra game because he's already served a suspension for 5 bookings ? can decide myself after reading the rules !

Not as I read it. But I'm not an expert on it.

Second sending off would:

"Players dismissed from the Field of Play in a FTCM, having previously in the same

season been sent off in a FTCM (or suspended under the Standard Directions set out

in Schedule A in these Regulations for an incident in a FTCM), will be suspended for

one extra match for each such previous sending off or suspension, in addition to the

automatic suspension applicable to the dismissal.

For the purposes of this regulation a previous dismissal in a non FTCM will only be

taken into account where it was for violent conduct, serious foul play or spitting."

10 bookings (I assume he now has 7):

"If a Player accumulates ten recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day

of the Playing Season and the second Sunday of April in the same Season, he will

be suspended automatically for a period covering:-

Two First Team matches"

Is Lee Hughes becoming a liability ?

take away hughes from our strikeforce and you take a fair few goals but more importantly a hell of alot of assists!

To put it in bluntly, no hughes equals fewer goals, and no chance of promotion!

Why don't you scrutinise the other strikers alexandra, smalley, davies, o'grady, byfield etc whose goal tally put together I'm guessing is less than hughes total goals scored, and total assists is, im pretty certain less than hughes's total assists!

Yes I agree he has to curb some of the bookings he earns but one thing is for certain: without Hughes we would be destined for mid-table medicracy or even perhaps a relegation dogfight!!!

Edited by laticsmad

Not as I read it. But I'm not an expert on it.

Second sending off would:

"Players dismissed from the Field of Play in a FTCM, having previously in the same

season been sent off in a FTCM (or suspended under the Standard Directions set out

in Schedule A in these Regulations for an incident in a FTCM), will be suspended for

one extra match for each such previous sending off or suspension, in addition to the

For the purposes of this regulation a previous dismissal in a non FTCM will only be

taken into account where it was for violent conduct, serious foul play or spitting."

10 bookings (I assume he now has 7):

"If a Player accumulates ten recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day

of the Playing Season and the second Sunday of April in the same Season, he will

be suspended automatically for a period covering:-

Two First Team matches"

I was thinking of this section

(g) Players dismissed from the Field of Play in a FTCM, having previously in the same

2nd booking not deserved described as disgusting by commentators..and no he is a major asset

Just got back from the game....... Hughes had been warned only two minutes earlier after fouling one of there defenders and the ref warned him it was his last chance, I turned and said to my mate that we should take him off now..... He was becoming frustrated and the home crowd were on his back as always......

Anyway the ball looked as though it was going out for a throw, their player kept it in and then turned hughes - hughes held his position but knew full well he would block the players run..... Ref pulled out a yellow and sent him off.....

The stupid bit was it took him a good few minutes to leave the pitch - not sure why but he would not go..... in the end he got dragged of by Tommy..

Personally I could see it coming, as a one off the second booking is maybe harsh but it was coming

Edited by NIKI1234

A player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for receiving a second caution in the same match will be suspended automatically from FA Premier League, Football League Cup and FA Challenge Cup matches commencing on the 14th day following the match in which he was sent off, until such time as his Club's recognised First Team has completed one (1) match in an approved Competition during the period covered by its opening match in The Football Association Premier League and ending with the final match in which the Club is playing in a domestic Competition organised by The Football Association or The Football Association Premier League.

So doesn't this mean in two weeks time ......? Or is it just another Premier Leagur exemption?

Edited by LaticsPete

A player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for receiving a second caution in the same match will be suspended automatically from FA Premier League, Football League Cup and FA Challenge Cup matches commencing on the 14th day following the match in which he was sent off, until such time as his Club's recognised First Team has completed one (1) match in an approved Competition during the period covered by its opening match in The Football Association Premier League and ending with the final match in which the Club is playing in a domestic Competition organised by The Football Association or The Football Association Premier League.

So doesn't this mean in two weeks time ......? Or is it just another Premier Leagur exemption?

Under the new fast track rules the ban starts immediately unless you appeal and you can't appeal against 2 yellows, i think lol

I was thinking of this section

(g) Players dismissed from the Field of Play in a FTCM, having previously in the same

I read this as relating to a previous incident in a previous match. Not an accumulated '5 yellows' suspension.

But he is 3 yellows off a further 2 match ban.

the first booking was obivously born out of frustration - it happens when you care - or should we expect all players to play with no emotion or feelings. He kicked the ball against the small metal fence at the side of the pitch and got booked. Stupid yes but tbh it looked to me like a sub-conscious reaction rather than pre-meditated

Second one looked harsh, as for the delay the ref sent him off from the other side of the pitch, maybe he should have called the player over or god forbid go to the player.

BTW Today Hughes had 2 chalked off for offside(1 debatebly?), hit the post after spinning his man and earned us a penalty. Drop him - I don't think so

Liability - If so I wish we had a few more liabilities like him(ability and commitment wise)

And there opens a new transfer window debate.

yes it does open up the transfer window debate....again

seems he doesnt want to cup tie himself.....if it was me i would personally go to the manager and ask him not to pick me as i dont want to get cup tied in case a big offer comes in that the club couldnt refuse.....

that way it would look like he would be doing us a favour by commanding a fee if he left.

to be honest he wants to play in a higher division...so surely he should pull his finger out knuckle down and do the very thing he came here to do...start bagging goals and firing us out of this league....to take us up....then he would have a different problem,stay with us or go elsewhere for more money....

"Sending offs: 2 cautions in one game; 1 match suspension but cautions do not count towards above totals. Other sendings off; 1 or 3 match suspension. Extra match ban for additional sendings off."

So he's got a 1 game ban, but the 2 yellows dont count I think ... <_< <_<

4. MISTAKEN IDENTITY

(a) If a Player who has been cautioned or sent off in a FTCM claims that he was the victim

of mistaken identity in relation to the imposition of such sanction, he may appeal to

The Association. The Club on behalf of the Player must, by 1pm of the next working

day following their game, notify The Association in writing (by fax or e-mail - Fax 020

7745 5777 or e-mail Disciplinary@TheFA.com) of their intention to submit a claim.

(B) By 1pm on the second working day following the incident, the Players and Club must

submit in writing to The Association the evidence upon which the claim is founded,

together with the relevant fee. Where possible, a written statement from the Player

responsible for the offence should be supplied. The details must, however, include:

(i) a signed statement by the Player reported by the Referee that he was not

responsible for the offence reported and identifying specifically the name of the

person responsible; and

(ii) a video and/or DVD of the incident.

The relevant fee, to be paid by cheque to The Football Association Limited, for Clubs

in each League is as follows:

FA Premier League £1,500

Football League Championship £750

Football League 1 £500

Football League 2 £350

Football Conference National Division £300

Quick, let's pass him off as Danny Whittaker!

They'll never know! ;D

Hughes isnt a liability.

Today for the 1st booking he was frustrated at being made to chase the ball in the corners and wasnt getting it to his feet in dangerous areas of the pitch, but he was childish to get booked by kicking the ball into the stand claiming he kicked it towards the corner flag because he thought we had a corner, B0LL0CKS we did lol.

The 2nd wasnt even a foul as the player ran into him never mind a booking and as for staying on the pitch the ref flashed the cards from a distance and could have been 1 of 4 players they were aimed at in that area of the pitch but we all knew including Lee it was for him.

Sheridan should have taken him off before as you could see what was going to happen a mile off, still Harsh on Lee.

got back a bit back.

that was the most stupid performance of a footballer i've seen for a long time.

the first booking was plain stupid.

the second was IMO very harsh ans an inavoidable,but his actions after beggered belief.

he KNEW he was carded...he KNEW he was off...right or wrong.

he suddenly became some law to himself...does he think he will get his own way if he hangs around on the pitch before tommy wright drags him off?

sorry...i'm a huge fan and appreciate what he's done,but that was NOT not i'd expect out of a latics player...refs get things wrong lots of times,but he suckered himself into it with his unexplainable first half tantrum...it was ultra embarressing.

i'm guessing between the lines here...he's on his way out for a fee in jan.

oh..byfield had a great game.

got back a bit back.

that was the most stupid performance of a footballer i've seen for a long time.

the first booking was plain stupid.

the second was IMO very harsh ans an inavoidable,but his actions after beggered belief.

he KNEW he was carded...he KNEW he was off...right or wrong.

he suddenly became some law to himself...does he think he will get his own way if he hangs around on the pitch before tommy wright drags him off?

sorry...i'm a huge fan and appreciate what he's done,but that was NOT not i'd expect out of a latics player...refs get things wrong lots of times,but he suckered himself into it with his unexplainable first half tantrum...it was ultra embarressing.

i'm guessing between the lines here...he's on his way out for a fee in jan.

oh..byfield had a great game.

Hughes is going Nowhere!

His attitude stinks at the minute. Probably frustrated because he cant seem to be putting away his chances at the moment, but strikers do go through these stages and on another day he could of bagged a hattrick today and been heaped in praise. I could accept his first booking had it been a one off, but i'm sick of him getting petty bookings that inevitably mount up and see him suspended. It might of been born out of frustration, but he'd knocked the ball out of play himself. He could of quite easily let it go and trot back twenty yards and try again next time - like he'd done the few times before when he'd given the cobblers a goal kick

i hope so...but after todays perfomance(his football was A1...his attidude stunk),i'm not sure.

I would be fooked off with the service I got if I was him today.

Notice what happens when he gets the ball to his feet around the box we got a penalty he hit the post and he had two goals disallowed FFS, Taylor should have put him through on at least one occasion when he was open.

If Lomax persists on chipping the ball into the corner for him to chase rather than playing it through midfield the best out come for that is he gets on the end of it and puts a cross in the box.

It should however be taylor or Liddell doing the chasing in the corners because we want Hughes in the box on the end of these crosses and hes being pushed to wide to get the ball for my liking.

When will we realise that hughes hangs on the shoulder of the last man in the centre of the park and if we were to give him something to chase it needs to be more central and not to far from goal.

He’s a poacher in and around the box not bloody ronaldo!

TOO FEET AND SIMPLE!!

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Sounds like a stupid show of petulance for his first booking. He needs to curb that, and fast.

No Jamie, it wasn't petulant the prick should have walked, he deliberately kicked the ball at the linesman , luckily keeping with his finishing skills at the moment he sliced it 6 yards wide. For the rest of the game he was walking a tightrope and harsh or not the second booking was inevitable. His behaviour on this field is pisspoor and frankly, with the amount of bridges he STILL needs to build he needs to get his head from up his arse. He'll be dragging the good name of our club through the mud of the tabloids in the morning, all because he didn't get a friggin' corner. For the amount of end product we get from him, is it worth all the crap we've had to put up with? Not one jot, if he wants to walk in January he can for me. I'd rather have Wolfy and Lewi up there and have two honest lads who do not constantly embarass the badge and shirt of my club. 14 goals in a season and a half, Davies scored that by February yet gets pillioried, why not have the bollocks to manage the lad properly and he will earn us money, Hughes will say thanks for the rehab, the new contract is not worth enough ££ despite me earning millions in the Prem with Cov WBA, but i'm going to sign for the highest bidder. Nailed on ....yet he's hero worshipped, un:censored:ingbelievable!

er kyle...ground control to yourself pal!

he had great service today.

2 offside...rightly or wrongly..the only person who was flagged was him.

one attempt hits the post.

why stick up for him all of a sudden saying the service he had was poor,therefore he's entitled to throw a toy out of the pram??thats a :censored:e comment.

his attitude reeked. he throw a fecking wobbly because he didn't get a deserved corner-it happens EVERY game in the football league...but no one throws a sulk like he did today.

as already stated today here, it was if he was on a mission of detruct...i want out.

the team today (i aint picking over the other bad points-we got 3pts) did its job....hughes dumped on his team mates,management,the folk who give him his 2nd chance,and the fans of oldham athletic.

it stinks.