All things Hughes, liability, offside, sending off

er kyle...ground control to yourself pal!

he had great service today.

2 offside...rightly or wrongly..the only person who was flagged was him.

one attempt hits the post.

why stick up for him all of a sudden saying the service he had was poor,therefore he's entitled to throw a toy out of the pram??thats a :censored:e comment.

his attitude reeked. he throw a fecking wobbly because he didn't get a deserved corner-it happens EVERY game in the football league...but no one throws a sulk like he did today.

as already stated today here, it was if he was on a mission of detruct...i want out.

the team today (i aint picking over the other bad points-we got 3pts) did its job....hughes dumped on his team mates,management,the folk who give him his 2nd chance,and the fans of oldham athletic.

it stinks.

hear, hear!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

er kyle...ground control to yourself pal!

he had great service today.

2 offside...rightly or wrongly..the only person who was flagged was him.

one attempt hits the post.

why stick up for him all of a sudden saying the service he had was poor,therefore he's entitled to throw a toy out of the pram??thats a :censored:e comment.

his attitude reeked. he throw a fecking wobbly because he didn't get a deserved corner-it happens EVERY game in the football league...but no one throws a sulk like he did today.

as already stated today here, it was if he was on a mission of detruct...i want out.

the team today (i aint picking over the other bad points-we got 3pts) did its job....hughes dumped on his team mates,management,the folk who give him his 2nd chance,and the fans of oldham athletic.

it stinks.

I never mentioned or said anything like he's entitled to anything, I did say however that I sympathise with him being frustrated.

I would be pig sick of that fookin lazy chip in the corner you call "great service".

For a player of Hughesy's style and age those hit and hope balls in the corner are anything but “Great service!”

He had two goals disallowed and overall played well today, If he didnt show any desire or commitment or hunger to win for us and was just collecting his pay like others in our squad I would be more pissed off with him than most of you lot are that he kicked the ball away ffs.

It makes me laugh that in the first 15 mins Fans were already moaning at one thing or another Sheridan and players and when a player shows frustration he's jumped on all over a yellow card.

Yes it was unnecessary but its hardly the worst thing I ve ever seen.

i aint picking over the other bad points-we got 3pts) did its job....hughes dumped on his team mates,management,the folk who give him his 2nd chance,and the fans of oldham athletic.

it stinks.

:shock:

Thats a bit OTT dont you think?

I would have done the same maybe even kick the ball at lomax for that STUPID ball he plays.

I never mentioned or said anything like he's entitled to anything, I did say however that I sympathise with him being frustrated.

I would be pig sick of that fookin lazy chip in the corner you call "great service".

For a player of Hughesy's style and age those hit and hope balls in the corner are anything but "Great service!"

He had two goals disallowed and overall played well today, If he didnt show any desire or commitment or hunger to win for us and was just collecting his pay like others in our squad I would be more pissed off with him than most of you lot are that he kicked the ball away ffs.

It makes me laugh that in the first 15 mins Fans were already moaning at one thing or another Sheridan and players and when a player shows frustration he's jumped on all over a yellow card.

Yes it was unnecessary but its hardly the worst thing I ve ever seen.

if he wants this "great service " you think he deserves 100% of the time,all the time,maybe he should think back to the night he had a feckin great career and he pi$$ed it up the wall.we give him this chance to be a pro footballer again,and if he's getting sick of chasing loose balls after 18 months,i'll suggest he should look at himself and think how lucky he's been...oh and also remind him of the current world climate as to regards of his wage packet.

as for your comment about moaning fans...heard all before.it won't change,so keep bleating about it?

the reason so many got pi$$ed off with hughes's first booking was because it was a stupid,petty,selfish booking....isn't football a team game? what do you think the rest of the team thought...the management?....the owners?....it wasn't the worst thing..but it wasn't in any way defendable.

thats what everyones problem is about it.

You are kidding me?

How in a million years can you suggest Hughes got himself sent off today to avoid playing on Tuesday, obviously i understand the Yeovil booking meaning he'd miss a cup game instead of a league game as its less important, but to get himself sent off on purpose to avoid Tuesday is just silly, what's he going to do if we beat Cheltenham? Even if he wants to leave in January (not that i think he does) its hardly going to make a clubs mind up basing it upon whether he's cup tied on not.

And just for the record, without him today we'd have drawn 0-0 probably, he earned the penalty by himself and without it we probably wouldn't have scored.

where have i said he got himself sent off deliberately timmothy?????

you would be suprised just how many clubs dont want a striker cuptied if thinking of offering them a deal....hang on....we just loaned byfield and his club doesnt want him to play in the cup for us....

im merely passin mt opinion of what someone else suggested....

no i don't...i believe theres a lot more on my ship thinking the same.

meanwhile on your 2 man dingy....

He got a yellow card for decent ffs its hardly the end of the world and certainly not worth and aint going to help bringing up the past.

Taylors had stupid bookings also this season yet didnt get this level of Abuse.

Its not going to help anyone.

He got a yellow card for decent ffs its hardly the end of the world and certainly not worth and aint going to help bringing up the past.

Taylors had stupid bookings also this season yet didnt get this level of Abuse.

Its not going to help anyone.

think you're missing the point here.....he's now suspended for another game for plain utter stupity,he got his first booking for being a stroppy kid,he knew he was on a tightrope.

ok it was a crap decision for his 2nd yellow,but his reaction towards it was like seeing a live version of harry enfields "kevin".

guessing that won't hit the idiot of a ref 's reports????

mmmm...

thats the reason.

think you're missing the point here.....he's now suspended for another game for plain utter stupity,he got his first booking for being a stroppy kid,he knew he was on a tightrope.

ok it was a crap decision for his 2nd yellow,but his reaction towards it was like seeing a live version of harry enfields "kevin".

guessing that won't hit the idiot of a ref 's reports????

mmmm...

thats the reason.

We all knew what was going to happen, why didnt shez take him off sooner?

Listen Lee Hughes is an oldham player why berate him to such a degree and stoop to such low levels in bringing up his past just to prove your point to me? All this isnt going to help him or us.

I am sure Sheridan and the powers that be will have a word or two in his ear and let us mere mortals just get back to supporting the 11 on the pitch. (Whoever they may be). KTF.

If you were to sleep on this and post in the morning I am sure you would have approached this in a different way.

Remember Darren Sheridan??? lol

Edited by KYLEOAFC

We all knew what was going to happen, why didnt shez take him off sooner?

Listen Lee Hughes is an oldham player why berate him to such a degree and stoop to such low levels in bringing up his past just to prove your point to me? All this isnt going to help him or us.

I am sure Sheridan and the powers that be will have a word or two in his ear and let us mere mortals just get back to supporting the 11 on the pitch. (Whoever they may be). KTF.

If you were to sleep on this and post in the morning I am sure you would have approached this in a different way.

Remember Darren Sheridan??? lol

his past is what us oldham fans are constantly reminded of on our travels...we try to always defend him ,saying he plays with humour,fun and a new found passion...today we saw a spolit kid who pi$$ed on that excuse.

today he played with some type of grudge.its not helped his team mates.

having a "word in his ear" won't make any difference...he's out of contract come end of season...maybe his public bashing by corney has become personal?

oh..love supporting the 11 on the pitch..especially when we have 11 ACTUALLY playing! B)

good night,god bless!

3pts! :grin:

Sounds like a stupid show of petulance for his first booking. He needs to curb that, and fast.

First booking well deserved ... don't think any of us could believe he smashed the balls into the stand. Booking everytime

Aparently the 2nd booking was outrageous!

That's being polite ..... a game played in a good spirit, ref needed to uses common sense!! did he touch him??? However does Hughes receive a little rough justic from ref's who's morals say the guy should not be playing pro football ........ YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT

Does he miss an extra game because he's already served a suspension for 5 bookings ? can't decide myself after reading the rules !

No, but will be lucky if they don't take further action as he would not leave the pitch. Will go against him in the future at least.

Just got back from the game....... Hughes had been warned only two minutes earlier after fouling one of there defenders and the ref warned him it was his last chance, I turned and said to my mate that we should take him off now..... He was becoming frustrated and the home crowd were on his back as always......

not sure with this at all (see above)... and a few homes fans shouting the usual crap at him, below average for what he usally gets. So no excuse and he's shown on many occasions that this only makes he more detrmined

Personally I could see it coming, as a one off the second booking is maybe harsh but it was coming

I didn't

BTW Today Hughes had 2 chalked off for offside(1 debatebly?), hit the post after spinning his man and earned us a penalty. Drop him - I don't think so

Liability - If so I wish we had a few more liabilities like him(ability and commitment wise)

1st just, 2nd no chance he's off, hitting post just before HT - should have score, but still did the hard part by creating a chance out of nothing for himself.

Penalty .. fantastic run left the third player he beat with no option.

Liability ....................... GET A GRIP SON!!!!

WE had two goals disallowed because HE was offside twice. How often is he caught offside? Chris Porter used to get so much stick for being offside a lot, but Hughes is just as bad, if not worse.

His first booking was shockingly unprofessional. It was his 6th booking of the season, and all have been petty and unavoidable. The second yellow was a bad decision by the ref, but if he keeps putting himself in this position, then sooner or later he was gonna get sent off. Obviously Mr Corney's rant had no effect on Hughes as he did it yet again.

First booking well deserved ... don't think any of us could believe he smashed the balls into the stand. Booking everytime

That's being polite ..... a game played in a good spirit, ref needed to uses common sense!! did he touch him??? However does Hughes receive a little rough justic from ref's who's morals say the guy should not be playing pro football ........ YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT

No, but will be lucky if they don't take further action as he would not leave the pitch. Will go against him in the future at least.

I didn't

1st just, 2nd no chance he's off, hitting post just before HT - should have score, but still did the hard part by creating a chance out of nothing for himself.

Penalty .. fantastic run left the third player he beat with no option.

Liability .

..................... GET A GRIP SON!!!!

Mark - just to clarify, the liability comment was in response to an earlier post - I think the holier than thou(I'm talking about the baying mob for getting booked twice in a game)have to realise here that you take the bad with the good from Hughesy.

There is a lot more good than bad with him so carry on supporting him if you want to see mostly good from him. The whole point of this is that yes it was another stupid booking, however pre-meditated I don't think so whereas the Yeovil one was(IMO).

Can anyone tell me that they would have really wanted Hughes to miss this game instead of Cheltenham away in the cup?

Those who want to carry on moaning with their saintly attitudes should probably look at themselves and ask the question have they ever played and moaned at a ref and actually have they ever played because to me this is born out of people who never have(or have never got frustrated with anything ever mmm?). We all know its wrong and without adrenalin/emotion it wouldn't happen, it did because it is an adrenalin/commitment fuelled that leads to instant reaction not 100% thought out pre-meditated action.

Mark - just to clarify, the liability comment was in response to an earlier post - I think the holier than thou(I'm talking about the baying mob for getting booked twice in a game)have to realise here that you take the bad with the good from Hughesy.

There is a lot more good than bad with him so carry on supporting him if you want to see mostly good from him. The whole point of this is that yes it was another stupid booking, however pre-meditated I don't think so whereas the Yeovil one was(IMO).

Can anyone tell me that they would have really wanted Hughes to miss this game instead of Cheltenham away in the cup?

Those who want to carry on moaning with their saintly attitudes should probably look at themselves and ask the question have they ever played and moaned at a ref and actually have they ever played because to me this is born out of people who never have(or have never got frustrated with anything ever mmm?). We all know its wrong and without adrenalin/emotion it wouldn't happen, it did because it is an adrenalin/commitment fuelled that leads to instant reaction not 100% thought out pre-meditated action.

Sorry should have been adrenalin/commitment fuelled game that leads to..............

Exactly ...played League in the halves for 25 years, I talked a great game !!! Take that away from my game and I wouldn't achieve half the things I have.

Should he keep a low profile to avoid trouble .... if Hughes does that he'll be half the player.

Watching Hughes from day one he's had a love / hate relationship with many a ref and crowds, arms round the ref, clapping all four sides of bEllend road when subbed ... any other person would simply make a diving action with their hands to a ref... not Hughes he actually dives, I could go on and on. He keeps you entertained one way of another and I hope this continues.

His actions you don't normally see outside the premiership ........ you can get away with them there but not in the lower

leagues.... especially with his history.

WE had two goals disallowed because HE was offside twice. How often is he caught offside? Chris Porter used to get so much stick for being offside a lot, but Hughes is just as bad, if not worse.

Agreed but it doesnt help when we play in that stupid Hi Vis kit and there were two stewards wearing the same on the far side in the refs Peripheral vision, I am sure it was them he was flagging at because the second goal was never offside!!!

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Just seen it on the tv, he knew exactly what he was doing there and a stupid thing to do when he's already on a yellow.

Correct, last min of the game, home team chasing a goal and the oppo striker simply looks to take out the man to slow play up / kill time.

or

Correct, last min of the game, home team chasing a goal and the oppo striker simply looks to distract the man to slow play up / kill time.

.... how did the ref see it? His name proceeds him and I'm sure that 50/50 calls rarely go his way. Still, he's a big lad and must have know that this may happen before he made the choice to play again.

Personally, in relation to the patern of the game a little harse to say the least as not sure it would warrent a booking otherwise ...it wasn't like his other card was for foul play. Left the ref with no choice though did he :blink:

possibly the most ridiculous sending off this season......after seeing it on itv then...i wonder if Shez and Hughes have stopped laughing about it yet....both of their face were a picture.......no wonder Hughes was so frustrated - no excuse, but i do understand. 2 goals disallowed, hits the post, then on the end of a ridiculous decision. Still, the ref might feel better this morning, knowing he's sent Lee Hughes off!!

btw, this not "hero worshipping" by any means, it's just comments about a footballer whose seems to be really frustrated as he's not getting on the scorers sheet at the minute, but is still involved in most of our goals.

Just cutting and pasting this from another thread.

Just watched it on The Championship and it confirms what I thought.

Bearing in mind that it was late in the game and their defender was rounding Hughes in readiness to launch another desperate attack, trying to equalise (their keeper had already been in our penalty area for a corner before stoppage time was announced) the ref had no alternative but to book Hughes. It happened right in front of Shez, who made no protest.

It was stupid of Hughes to do it, especially as he had been so petulant to get his first booking. When he was dragged off the field eventually by Tommy, we had lost the outlet of two strikers to relieve the pressure at the back. Hughes could have cost us at least two points by his stupidity - the fact that he didn't was down to good fortune and time running out.

He is a class above most players at this level. He was unlucky with his two disallowed goals yesterday - he took each of them very well. His twisting and turning to earn the penalty was brilliant. If he could just cut out the needless actions that bring the yellow cards, he would be more likely to get a good run of games, with the goals flying in and his confidence, and everyone else's soaring.

Come on Lee, keep your mind on the job and your body on the pitch!