All things Hughes, liability, offside, sending off

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Lee Hughes becoming a liability ?

I posed the question because sheridan is obviously trying to find a partnership to keep our promotion drive on track ie - Byfield on loan, now Hughes will miss a game which means that that partnership will be broken !

I posed the question because sheridan is obviously trying to find a partnership to keep our promotion drive on track ie - Byfield on loan, now Hughes will miss a game which means that that partnership will be broken !

Byfield was already going to miss Tuesday, so they would have been split up anyway.

Edited by Simpo

Byfield was already going to miss Tuesday, so they would have been split up anyway.

Good point simpo, i stand corrected :D but Hughes may miss Southend which you would presume Byfield would play in !

Edited by jolly

Hughes not allowed to appeal:

"A claim of wrongful dismissal may be lodged only for on-field offences which result in

a sending off, except for two cautions leading to a dismissal."

Misses the FA Cup replay:

"A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for receiving a second caution in the

same match will be suspended automatically from FTCM commencing forthwith, until

such time as his Club’s First Team has completed its next FTCM."

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/E5AD8DC1...edures08091.pdf