All things Hughes, liability, offside, sending off

He should be being fined!

Couldn't agree more!!

Why all of a sudden does eveyone have to get fined for sendings off? I thought they were part and parcel of the game, Im sure no one went this OTT about D Sheridan and he got sent off 5 times in one season didnt he? Im sure we used to have a much dirtier squad a few years ago.

Red cards etc are all part of the fun! Talking points if you will. If everyone on the football pitch was well behaved all of the time it be quite boring. I know having our better players suspended isnt at all ideal but players will do stupid things sometimes. I would class myself as a sporting player when I play but I can and have done very stupid things on the football pitch before completely out of character in the heat of the moment.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why all of a sudden does eveyone have to get fined for sendings off? I thought they were part and parcel of the game, Im sure no one went this OTT about D Sheridan and he got sent off 5 times in one season didnt he? Im sure we used to have a much dirtier squad a few years ago.

Red cards etc are all part of the fun! Talking points if you will. If everyone on the football pitch was well behaved all of the time it be quite boring. I know having our better players suspended isnt at all ideal but players will do stupid things sometimes. I would class myself as a sporting player when I play but I can and have done very stupid things on the football pitch before completely out of character in the heat of the moment.

Good points. There are some, however, who want to fine every Latics player who gets booked for dissent. Make of that what you will!

Why all of a sudden does eveyone have to get fined for sendings off? I thought they were part and parcel of the game, Im sure no one went this OTT about D Sheridan and he got sent off 5 times in one season didnt he?

I know a good few who didn't want Mini-Shez to stay due to his antics. They got their wish...I wouldn't like to see Hughes go elsewhere as ironically, I want to see him on the pitch. Ala tonight but he won't be coz he can't control himself. The first thing people like to bring up about Wellens (those in the camp who waved him goodbye and boo him on his return for Donny) is his nasty streak. Just seems to me because of a players past, he gets more support for his behaviour. That's very strange to me. Anyway...let's hope the side is good enough to cope with his 2 absences from the side in the FA Cup...or next seasons budget might not be able to afford keeping him!!!

I know a good few who didn't want Mini-Shez to stay due to his antics. They got their wish...I wouldn't like to see Hughes go elsewhere as ironically, I want to see him on the pitch. Ala tonight but he won't be coz he can't control himself. The first thing people like to bring up about Wellens (those in the camp who waved him goodbye and boo him on his return for Donny) is his nasty streak. Just seems to me because of a players past, he gets more support for his behaviour. That's very strange to me. Anyway...let's hope the side is good enough to cope with his 2 absences from the side in the FA Cup...or next seasons budget might not be able to afford keeping him!!!

well let me tell you, surprise or not ......we are no where fecking near good enough to cope with his 2 absences.....!!!!!!!!bookings or not!!!!

it doesnt help when we play in that stupid Hi Vis kit and there were two stewards wearing the same on the far side in the refs Peripheral vision, I am sure it was them he was flagging at because the second goal was never offside!!!

At Southend there was a line of fluo yellow stewards down the touchline facing the linesman as we were attacking in the second half. Luckily they weren't deemed to be interfering with play for the second goal.

The Chron tonight says : -

It helps when you’ve got the best attacking player on the pitch. And Hughes, as well as bagging his seventh goal of the campaign, led the line superbly after half-time

Can some of our recent Hughes critics pass comment on how the team would benefit from his departure? I notice that several of last week's multiple posters seem to have had keyboard failure.

The Chron tonight says : -

It helps when you’ve got the best attacking player on the pitch. And Hughes, as well as bagging his seventh goal of the campaign, led the line superbly after half-time

Can some of our recent Hughes critics pass comment on how the team would benefit from his departure? I notice that several of last week's multiple posters seem to have had keyboard failure.

Your right and Hughes is not the only player at the club that this happens too, very fickle and very short memories some posters on here.