Just watched LW

Lee Hughes red card was disgraceful. Im not completely sure of the 1st booking as i thought it looked as though he kicked the ball to the corner, but after hearing of people there apparently he booted it at the lino. The 2nd yellow, how on earth that was a yellow. The lad had slipped before he RAN INTO hughes, not hughes obstructing him. And as for that Northampton commentary, saying he was a disgrace was pathetic, as if you look at Hughes he was just pishd off it was a free kick, it clearly shows him saying I never got booked when Northampton manager trys dragging him off. Oh well at least justice did its part and give a ridiculous decision to Wigan also.

So there it is my apology for saying does Hughes not learn.

Lee Hughes red card was disgraceful. Im not completely sure of the 1st booking as i thought it looked as though he kicked the ball to the corner, but after hearing of people there apparently he booted it at the lino. The 2nd yellow, how on earth that was a yellow. The lad had slipped before he RAN INTO hughes, not hughes obstructing him. And as for that Northampton commentary, saying he was a disgrace was pathetic, as if you look at Hughes he was just pishd off it was a free kick, it clearly shows him saying I never got booked when Northampton manager trys dragging him off. Oh well at least justice did its part and give a ridiculous decision to Wigan also.

I just liked Shez's reaction. Although he wouldn't say on his LW anything about the red card, it doesn't take a lip reading expert to work out the four words he screamed in the face of the fourth official...

Fair play to you for being big enough to apologise. Yes, Hughes has a petulant side, I thing we all know that all too well, and his first booking was a blatant example of that. But for some on here to claim he may be a liability to the team.....well sorry guys, but that has gotta be tosh. Him and Byfield will strike up one heck of a partnership....of that I am convinced.

Im not completely sure of the 1st booking as i thought it looked as though he kicked the ball to the corner, but after hearing of people there apparently he booted it at the lino.

Was right in front of where I was sat. Definite booking. Pure stupidity. He got booked for either kicking the ball away/aiming it at fans/aiming it at lino. Either way it was petty and stupid.

ive heard that tta have a plan to spike the dressing room kettle tomorrow, therefore going out of the fa cup. this is so hughes wont play against morecombe (as were out) then they can sell him for £100k rather than £75k in january. then straight after the game, they are going to use the ten days to build houses on BP and do one to israel with the money. how has this been kept so quiet i hear you ask? well, and this business acumen can only be admired even in these circumstances, they gave oldham royal a guaranteed bond on the hughes money. in return for this alan hardy has first dibs on any newborn babies and full kitchen access. clearly the kitchen access is a red herring as we all know hardy eats em raw. luckily i caught wind of this and have put it on here so we can act..

Not for one minute do I believe he didn't know he had been booked / red carded. Classic bit of time wasting / kidology thatknocked the stuffing out of Northamptons drive for a goal. :grin:

Not for one minute do I believe he didn't know he had been booked / red carded. Classic bit of time wasting / kidology thatknocked the stuffing out of Northamptons drive for a goal. :grin:

Hughes is a liability...he gets booked for throwing the ball away against Yeovil and is banned for 1 match. He is **lloc**d for it and warned as to his future conduct. So what does this guy do in his VERY next match...He kicks the ball away again and get's a yellow card.

Yes the sending off was a joke but when you're on a yellow card anything can happen and if he wasn't such an idiot he wouldn't be serving a ban.

He's of no use to this team at all if he's going to be missing regularly through suspension.

I have no sympathy with him at all and would fine him for the first offence!!!

Hughes is a liability...he gets booked for throwing the ball away against Yeovil and is banned for 1 match. He is **lloc**d for it and warned as to his future conduct. So what does this guy do in his VERY next match...He kicks the ball away again and get's a yellow card.

Yes the sending off was a joke but when you're on a yellow card anything can happen and if he wasn't such an idiot he wouldn't be serving a ban.

He's of no use to this team at all if he's going to be missing regularly through suspension.

Well thank goodness you are not in any position of decision making at the club . (Nor hopefully anywhere else :) )

Edited by LaticsPete

i dont think you understand the word liability

Well thank goodness you are not in any position of decision making at the club . (Nor hopefully anywhere else :) )

So 4 or 5 of his bookings have been for dissent and you would be happy with that would you!!!!

You could put up with over exuberance in tackles but to be booked for dissent is avoidable and plain stupid!!

I think Simon Corney would be of the same opinion too and he is in a decision making position!!!

ALL dissent bookings should be met with a club fine.

i dont think you understand the word liability

A liability is anything that is a hindrance or puts individuals at a disadvantage. In this case forcing his team mates to play with 10 men and not being available for selection for the next match.

I think it's you who doesn't understand my friend!!!

So 4 or 5 of his bookings have been for dissent and you would be happy with that would you!!!!

You could put up with over exuberance in tackles but to be booked for dissent is avoidable and plain stupid!!

I think Simon Corney would be of the same opinion too and he is in a decision making position!!!

ALL dissent bookings should be met with a club fine.

it was your judgement of him being a liability that worried me! And an inability to appreciate that football isn't always about rational thought, players do daft things. Dissent is far from clever but I doubt if Hughes' record of bookings is overly weighted in that direction. If i remember correctly the card against Scun was for a foul, two were for hand ball, and another was for a foul.

Is it right that a club should fine a player for dissent but not for a physical foul that could injure a player for weeks? Is it morally acceptable to do the latter but not the former?

Edited by LaticsPete

A liability is anything that is a hindrance or puts individuals at a disadvantage. In this case forcing his team mates to play with 10 men and not being available for selection for the next match.

I think it's you who doesn't understand my friend!!!

12 games

6 gols

5 assists

yep, its definatley you who doesnt understand

it was your judgement of him being a liability that worried me! And an inability to appreciate that football isn't always about rational thought, players do daft things. Dissent is far from clever but I doubt if Hughes' record of bookings is overly weighted in that direction. If i remember correctly the card against Scun was for a foul, two were for hand ball, and another was for a foul.

Is it right that a club should fine a player for dissent but not for a physical foul that could injure a player for weeks? Is it morally acceptable to do the latter but not the former?

Dissent is what's spoiling the game at the moment..referees have a hard enough job as it is....Fouls on the field are part of the game and always have been...some are bad some are misstimed but the majority are accidental.

To kick the ball away or swear at an official or nut another player is completely avoidable unless the player concerned is thick!!

If he hadn't been banned for two games it could have been

14 games

8 gols

6 assists

Do YOU understand liability now!!

YES. and as i understood it from the beginning, id like to inform you that no dictionary definition of 'liability' will include anything about future guesswork into performance. it will be something along the lines of 'to be a hinderance' it wont be anything like 'to possibly be a hinderance for about 2% of requirements, but otherwise really rather chuffing good'. do YOU understand it now?

If he hadn't been banned for two games it could have been

14 games

8 gols

6 assists

Do YOU understand liability now!!

Regardless of who understands what, you can only label him a liability if his disadvantages outweigh his advantages. Clearly this isn't the case. You are merely highlighting a disadvantage, not showing him to be a liability.

This is getting ridiculous ....

Question...Do you think bookings for persistent dissent, eventually leading to bans are acceptable?

Yes or No?

No, but I don't think it is yet a major issue with Hughes.

Question.....If you believe Hughes is a liability why do you care if he is banned? :lol:

No, but I don't think it is yet a major issue with Hughes.

Question.....If you believe Hughes is a liability why do you care if he is banned? :lol:

Because he's our best forward and should be in a position to play every week, but that isn't the issue here!

There is absolutely no excuse for dissent especially from a player with the track record of Hughes.

£1000 fine for dissent bookings would soon put a stop to it!!

Guest oa_exile
Arguement? there's no arguement......I thought it was debate on a forum.

Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make my opinion wrong does it!

Since Pete became cyber buddies with Corp :wub: he is struggling to find a new sparring partner :tongue1: