martin allen

i know quite a few people who hate well wouldnt go as far as hate but really dont like this guy for his recation a few years ago when he was here with brentford about flags and oldham people in general

i hope people bring FLAGS just as a reminder that we havent forgot about what happened last time

anybody on here bringing flags along with them or know anybody who is??? :England:

i know quite a few people who hate well wouldnt go as far as hate but really dont like this guy for his recation a few years ago when he was here with brentford about flags and oldham people in general

i hope people bring FLAGS just as a reminder that we havent forgot about what happened last time

anybody on here bringing flags along with them or know anybody who is??? :England:

He didn't have a beef about the St George Flag in particular. It was the message that was displayed along it which had connotations with the far right. Brentford have St George flags just about every away trip, he never had a go at that.

Methinks this is best left alone. I dislike Martin Allen because his teams are horrible to watch and frequently go over the line in a physical way. Not because of that flag incident.

I never saw much point in the flag in the first place if I’m honest. I didn’t really understand the sentiment.

Allen’s reaction was over the top though. He is an idiot. The way he described the game the other Sunday when he was at the Haven’t game sounded as though Oldham never even had the ball. Then when he said he would like Liverpool in round 2 just summed him up for me.

Allen felt the words ' Born in England, Live in England, Die in England ' were racist or had racist undertones, didn't he ?

How on Earth are those words racist ? If it's a slogan used by the far-right then I may accept that the flag should not be at a football ground. But the slogan isn't used by the far-right - well as far as I am aware it wasn't at the time of the issue...although it probably is now.

Seems to me that an Englishman cannot be proud of the fact he was born in England these days ? I am proud of the fact I was born in England and if I want to put it on a flag in my own country I bloody will do.

Allen felt the words ' Born in England, Live in England, Die in England ' were racist or had racist undertones, didn't he ?

Not the first and last time it will be asked to be removed. BBC got in removed at Thurrock a few years ago.... so never understood the big deal with Allen.

How on Earth are those words racist ? If it's a slogan used by the far-right then I may accept that the flag should not be at a football ground. But the slogan isn't used by the far-right - well as far as I am aware it wasn't at the time of the issue...although it probably is now.

Seems to me that an Englishman cannot be proud of the fact he was born in England these days ? I am proud of the fact I was born in England and if I want to put it on a flag in my own country I bloody will do.

It was a slogan used by the far right long before our 'innocent' flag.

Was in not Born in Oldham etc? Or is my mind playing tricks?

I think it was removed somewhere else as well - Colchester possibly? Anyway, let's not go over all that ground again, the flag has been amended so there's no question over it and we're all friends again :)

Don't need to, they've moved. Ask LaticsLee if you don't believe me :o

I was at the agme when the police came and removed the flag at the request of the BBC and I dont know who owned the flag but I now they were only young lads, I don't think they could have been accused of political statements - if i remember rightly they changed the text on the flag at the clubs request - Im not overly patriotic but Mr Allen was just having a pop due to the towns reputation, Im happy for as many St Georges flags just to rile him - he's a tit and thought that he would belittle "backward town" by jumping on a bandwaggon and trying to tell evrybody he understood what statements were being made - you can be overly liberal to the point of ridiculous, I would of thought that the lads who owned the flag would've been unaware of any undertones