Walsall fixture change?

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but as ourselves and Walsall are out of the cup wouldn't it be a good idea to put Tuesday's fixture back until a week on Saturday.

I am sure that the attendance would be better and that the fans of both clubs would be happier for a Saturday fixture especially ours as we haven't had a home Saturday game for 3 weeks.

On the playing side of things,other than Scunthorpe, our results have been pretty dire from night matches this season and I would hope that playing on Saturday might help us get the home win we desperately need.

Yep, but last time I checked they are doing well because they actually played games. Duxbury must be getting a little bored of doing sod all...

The idea was that friendly games would be arranged for the Reserves with big clubs and we would play in three cup competions. One friendly has been arranged, against Citeh in August and five cup games have been played, with three being postponed. One has been rearranged for December and the other for January. By then the Reserves will have played eight games, in six months.

If you were a fringe player, training every day and keeping fit, would you be happy with that small amount of competitive football? Would you be going home content that you were realising your ambitions, and nudging the manager in the hope of breaking into that elite group from which the first team is selected, with a view to furthering your career?

If you were a fringe player, training every day and keeping fit, would you be happy with that small amount of competitive football? Would you be going home content that you were realising your ambitions, and nudging the manager in the hope of breaking into that elite group from which the first team is selected, with a view to furthering your career?

I would ask to go out on loan, and if I was striker my request would probably be granted.

The idea was that friendly games would be arranged for the Reserves with big clubs and we would play in three cup competions. One friendly has been arranged, against Citeh in August and five cup games have been played, with three being postponed. One has been rearranged for December and the other for January. By then the Reserves will have played eight games, in six months.

When you put it like that it really does show the folly of scrapping the reserves.

Bigger squad meaning more players to keep match sharp and up to speed but no fixtures in which to do it.

I'm very disappointed with how few of these friendly reserve games we've been able to arrange.

When you put it like that it really does show the folly of scrapping the reserves.

Bigger squad meaning more players to keep match sharp and up to speed but no fixtures in which to do it.

I'm very disappointed with how few of these friendly reserve games we've been able to arrange.

The farce of it all was that the club said they were doing it to improve the standard of opposition we were facing...despite the fact that the ressies were getting tonked week in week out anyway.

It has been both a cost cutting exercise and a cock up of the highest order.