NHL

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 wins out of 5 to end the season, first round match V Carolina. I know we beat them last night but its going to be tough. We wont 4 of the last 5, but hardly been scintillating stuff. Fingers crossed....

They're the side I said to you I didn't fancy. But this is playoff hockey, anything can happen. Big mental boost beating them last night - their goalie will be bricking it!!

PS. Answer your sodding phone! :D

I didn't have chance to post it up last night, becuase my Laptop's being a git... but if you can check the Devils highlights on NHL.com - 2 out of 3 of our goals were scored with their goalie behind his goal!!! :D

4 wins out of 5 to end the season, first round match V Carolina. I know we beat them last night but its going to be tough. We wont 4 of the last 5, but hardly been scintillating stuff. Fingers crossed....

Just checked out those goals, wow, that's poor. I wouldn't expect any gifts like that from Cam Ward next week...

Agree with Dave, tough draw for you...as I said above, they were the one side I wanted us to avoid. That said, they've lost their last 3 IIRC so they're not going in anywhere near as hot as they were this time last week. Form's so important in hockey, especially play off hockey...4 scraped wins out of 5 are still 4 wins and that's a big boost going in.

From looking at the Ducks highlights it seemed that they were so spent from their hot streak to make the post-season, that they couldn't be bothered trying to win and just wanted to hit the post as many times as possible. Impressive...

Edited by jsslatic

Signed up for the 'Stanley Cup Playoffs Challenge' thing on the NHL site...my predictions:

San Jose to beat Anaheim in 6

Detroit to beat Columbus in 5

Vancouver to beat St Louis in 5

Chicago to beat Calgary in 6

Boston to beat Montreal in 4

Washington to beat New York in 5

New Jersey to beat Carolina in 7

Pittsburgh to beat Philadelphia in 5

Signed up for the 'Stanley Cup Playoffs Challenge' thing on the NHL site...my predictions:

San Jose to beat Anaheim in 6

Detroit to beat Columbus in 5

Vancouver to beat St Louis in 5

Washington to beat New York in 5

New Jersey to beat Carolina in 7

Pittsburgh to beat Philadelphia in 5

I suck at predictions... but why not...

San Jose to beat Anaheim in 7

Detroit to beat Columbus in 4

Vancouver to lose to St Louis in 5

Washington to beat New York in 6

New Jersey/Carolina - I don't guess my own teams.

Pittsburgh to beat Philadelphia in 6

They're guesses. I've not even thought about them much to be honest, I never get these things right.

Agree with Dave, tough draw for you...as I said above, they were the one side I wanted us to avoid. That said, they've lost their last 3 IIRC so they're not going in anywhere near as hot as they were this time last week. Form's so important in hockey, especially play off hockey...4 scraped wins out of 5 are still 4 wins and that's a big boost going in.

From looking at the Ducks highlights it seemed that they were so spent from their hot streak to make the post-season, that they couldn't be bothered trying to win and just wanted to hit the post as many times as possible. Impressive...

:lol:

Yeah, we were just trying to recreate the game of 3-bar by coach Bombay in the Mighty Ducks 2 - passed the time until the shootout :wink:

Won 7 of the last 10 (2 of the others SO losses) ... including demolishing the Sharks on thier home ice... i'm not going to mentionn who the only loss in the last 10 was to though...

I think we will split it at their place to start... all depends on Getz, Perry and Selanne remaining bang on form, and then bucking up the form at the Honda how the rest of the series will go... also need Hiller to become a stanley cup winning GT, which may be where the battle will be won with Nabukov in the other sticks... all said, Im quietly optimistic...

Bring on tomorrow! let battle commence!

Playoff time has arrived!

Good luck to you guys, if for some unfathomable reason the Pens don't win it then I hope the Ducks or Devs get it.

Anyone but the Caps and Flyers anyway... :wink:

I obviously want the Devs to win. But if not, like you, I want one of our teams to make the final so we can try and get a piss-up sorted for a couple of the games.

Solid performance from the Pens, but boy is the next one going to be fiery. Pathetic stuff from the Flyers in the end, sure you're hurting...but the last 30 secs saw slashes, cross checks and misconduct all over the place, and the ref didn't even bother to call the one of the face-off with three secs to go when the linesman dropped the puck and Talbot just got punched in the head. Good to know we've rattled them bad though...

Edited by jsslatic

We were impressive last night. Only watched the first 2 periods because I needed some sleep before work....but at 3-0 I felt pretty confident we would see it out. Didnt give them an inch. At the end of the first they were lucky is was only 1, and by the end of the second it should have been 5 or 6. Carolina are a good team though, so we will need more of the same in the next two weeks!

We were impressive last night. Only watched the first 2 periods because I needed some sleep before work....but at 3-0 I felt pretty confident we would see it out. Didnt give them an inch. At the end of the first they were lucky is was only 1, and by the end of the second it should have been 5 or 6. Carolina are a good team though, so we will need more of the same in the next two weeks!

Indeedy-doody. Restricting one of the best power-attacking sides in the league to 17 shots is a damn fine way to start to post season. Hard graft is what the Devs are made of, so there's no excuse for not closing this out now. More of the same, as Dave says, please.

Ducks tonight no? Hopefully they can come through it and increas our chances of a piss up.

Ducks tonight no? Hopefully they can come through it and increas our chances of a piss up.

Sure is.. though very annoyingly the whole series is being played on the late shift, meaning they are virtually impossible to watch... if it gets interesting i'll make the effort, however NHL gamecentre tomorrow will have to do for now...

... if it comes to the stanley cup final and its the Ducks V Pens/Devs - well, I'll be pissed for the whole series in amazement!

...Lets just hope SJ bottle it yet again for a start...

Solid performance from the Pens, but boy is the next one going to be fiery. Pathetic stuff from the Flyers in the end, sure you're hurting...but the last 30 secs saw slashes, cross checks and misconduct all over the place, and the ref didn't even bother to call the one of the face-off with three secs to go when the linesman dropped the puck and Talbot just got punched in the head. Good to know we've rattled them bad though...

The NHL has suspended Philadelphia Flyers forward Daniel Carcillo one game and fined coach John Stevens $10,000 for his actions at the end of Wednesday night’s Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series against Pittsburgh, a game won by the Penguins, 4-1.

Carcillo got involved with the Penguins’ Max Talbot during a faceoff with seven seconds left in the game. Carcillo appeared to use the butt-end of his stick to strike Talbot in the head at the end of the regulation time. Talbot did not sustain an injury and no penalty was assessed.

"We had a conference call Monday with the General Managers and Coaches of playoff teams and told them explicitly we would not tolerate attempts by clubs to 'send a message' late in a game when the outcome had been determined," said Colin Campbell, NHL Senior Executive Vice Presidents of Hockey Operations. "Organizations – players and coaches – will be held accountable for such actions."

The Flyers acquired Carcillo, 24, at the trade deadline in exchange for Scottie Upshall and a 2011 second round draft pick. He scored 3 goals and 11 assists in 74 games this season, picking up 254 penalty minutes. He will miss Friday's Game 2 between the Flyers and Penguins in Pittsburgh.

Good, it really was disgraceful to watch.

Habs are giving the Bruins a real run for their money tonight!

Good, it really was disgraceful to watch.

Habs are giving the Bruins a real run for their money tonight!

Good to see that kind of play will not be accepted. Teams like the Devs send messages at the end of games, but do so by finished checks and what not, there's really no need for it. If you've got a good team that sends more of a message then a few cheap shots ever will.

As for last night, most went as expected. I'm impressed how long the Flames held on against the Hawks... and for the Ducks to shut out the (admittedly playoff shy) Sharks is a big boost to their chances in the series. That's pretty much a derby game too, so it's a big mental boost.

As for last night, most went as expected. I'm impressed how long the Flames held on against the Hawks... and for the Ducks to shut out the (admittedly playoff shy) Sharks is a big boost to their chances in the series. That's pretty much a derby game too, so it's a big mental boost.

Boom!

Absolutely awesome by Hiller... really stepped up to the plate, and the Sharks had very few chances except from the point.... a very good power play goal, and a shocking piece of defence play from the Sharks to let Getzlaf skate straight from the box to go straight on goal and smell you later....

And best home record in hockey.... well, thats twice on the bounce the Ducks have won there... i'd honestly take the series at thier place rather than bringing them back to the Honda!

Next game is massive... (obviously...)

:)