Im one of those people who doesnt really listen to rumours and just fob them off but recently there seems to be to many people talking about these thing

taylor going in january also said by the club

shez going if not he prob would get sacked (stupid thing to do)

hughes to wolves as quoted on the a radio station this morning whilst ive been out in the midlands (just a talksport radio i picked up whilst searching) and they mentioned the jones loan deal along with hughes NOT being cup tied

if this does happen it would be a MAJOR MAJOR loss to the club, i reckon 2 of 3 are going to happen in shez and hughes anybody else feel the same thing or heard any other kind of rumours??? im also quite sick off the negativity going on around the club at this moment we prob in a beter situation than we have been in a long time...and the shez out thing thats just laughable

opinion please... :computer:

Hughes. Wolves. :lol:

Aye, they'd love that.

Although I perfectly accept some of our assets will dissappear in January... I highly doubt Hughes to wolves if one of them... wolves have about 15 strikers as it is, and it is simple journalism to look at the jones connection.... pick any of the struggling championship sides and i'm sure that will be more realistic...

going off current form, I honestly dont think losing hughes would be such a big loss. We could easilly attract a proven goalscorer for less money than he is on and considering he could walk away for nothing in may, sensible thing to do would be to cash in now.

regarding sheridan going, there is alot that needs sorting at the club ie the apparent drinking culture, and the buck stops with sheridan. I don't know whether there is any truth in what was said re him struggling to be the boss as opposed to one of the lads, but if so then I think he needs to take a good look at his position.

However, other clubs sniffing for a new manager may just see it as maybe he has taken oldham as far as he can, lets see what he can do with us? Would not surprise me at all if he left us to manage dirty leeds, hudd or sheff wed if they lost laws.

As for taylor going, IF we get a good offer and IF some of the money was made available to fund a replacement, I dont think the situation again would be too bad.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Guest oa_exile
going off current form, I honestly dont think losing hughes would be such a big loss. We could easilly attract a proven goalscorer for less money than he is on and considering he could walk away for nothing in may, sensible thing to do would be to cash in now.

Hughes is not one of the top earners at the Club , was this not made public when he signed ? or am I going mad again ? :blink:

Basically I dont think we can bring in a Striker of his calibre for what we are paying him.

hughes wont go in jan hes out of contract in summer why would someone pay for him when they could get him at the end of the season free. Plus hes always injured and isnt exactly prolific teams will monitor him and someone will sign him in june

But if a club pays a small amount now they will avoid a hell of alot of competition to sign him in june.

No way I could ever see Hughes at Wolves. Got a mate who is a big Wolves fan who has been to the odd game but refuses to come along since we signed Hughes. They still sing Anti Hughes songs at Wolves. I went over for the Wolves – Palace game last year and they were singing Hughes songs.

In my opinion Hughes and Taylor wont be going anywhere not till next season anyway.

If shez keeps them working and training hard and not taking them out on the p&ss celebrating victories(if this is true) he will keep his job till the end of the season.

Lets give it Southend and get the 3 points!!!

i really dont understand why teams would be queing up for him how many goals has he scored in the last 2 seasons?

Perhaps you could make a "Hughes Out" banner to go with your "Shez Out" one.

I despair with the mentality that Hughes is easily replaceable. His strike record is good, his assists also, and he is definitely a player other teams worry about. We have had one daft suspension ( the first was inevitable at some stage of the season and he's now got a blank sheet of yellow cards), and he seems raring to go.

Who really has the evidence that we can find a striker of his quality for the £80000 pa he is on!!??

I despair with the mentality that Hughes is easily replaceable. His strike record is good, his assists also, and he is definitely a player other teams worry about. We have had one daft suspension ( the first was inevitable at some stage of the season and he's now got a blank sheet of yellow cards), and he seems raring to go.

Who really has the evidence that we can find a striker of his quality for the £80000 pa he is on!!??

Not easily replaceable, but still replaceable nevertheless.

Bottom line is if no one comes in for hughes in jan, we will lose him for nothing in june if we are still in this division. So it makes sense to cash in while we can considering we are probably going to lose yet another half a mill this yr at least.

If someone came in with 150k-200k for Hughses services in order to beat off potential competition come june, I dont think the club would be in a position to turn that down.

Regarding taylor, the bottom line is we still hold all the aces, as he is under contract untill 2010 and unless someone comes in and meets our valuation which surely has to be 1 mill plus, he wont be going anywhere.

No way I could ever see Hughes at Wolves. Got a mate who is a big Wolves fan who has been to the odd game but refuses to come along since we signed Hughes. They still sing Anti Hughes songs at Wolves. I went over for the Wolves – Palace game last year and they were singing Hughes songs.

thats what i thought but football is football, i hope they all stay and i hope we go up because then you could put money on them staying but up untill then im :pray:

Not easily replaceable, but still replaceable nevertheless.

Bottom line is if no one comes in for hughes in jan, we will lose him for nothing in june if we are still in this division. So it makes sense to cash in while we can considering we are probably going to lose yet another half a mill this yr at least.

If someone came in with 150k-200k for Hughses services in order to beat off potential competition come june, I dont think the club would be in a position to turn that down.

Regarding taylor, the bottom line is we still hold all the aces, as he is under contract untill 2010 and unless someone comes in and meets our valuation which surely has to be 1 mill plus, he wont be going anywhere.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH THE HUGHES SITUATION WOULD YOU SELL??? ITS A VERY TOUGH CALL FOR THE TTA do they gamble on it with hughes or do they cash in risk a fans backlash and prob put promotion back becuae with hughes we have a better chance with him than without him... i wouldnt like to call that one...

Edited by kellysheroes

WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH THE HUGHES SITUATION WOULD YOU SELL??? ITS A VERY TOUGH CALL FOR THE TTA do they gamble on it with hughes or do they cash in risk a fans backlash and prob put promotion back becuae with hughes we have a better chance htan without him... i wouldnt like to call that one...

I'd sell

Considering he will go for nothing in June if we dont get promoted, makes sense to get what we can for him in Jan.

Yes I want us to do well but I do not want a repeat of 2003 where we spent beyond our means to try to achieve promotion and nearly lost the club as a result.

Thats why I was so annoyed at getting knocked out of the cup in the first round. Had we have reached the third round we would probably have generated over 100k's worth of prize money/gate receipts which we did not budget for, maybe just maybe a glamour money spinning tie, then we would be in a position to say thanks but no thanks to offers for some of our players.

Losing Hughes would be a big loss but the bottom line is we are still a football club losing in the region of half a million pounds a year, and (unless you have been living under a rock), its very easy to see the current global economic climate is challenging to say the least. If an offer of over 150k came in for Hughes, I really do not think the club would be in a position to turn it down.

Exactly. £1500 per week for a proven quality striker?

:

I very much doubt that there are many strikers in this league earning anywhere near that much money.

I bet the leading scorer in this division by a country mile, lambert, isnt on that wage!!!!

:laught30:

Very good. Most good strikers are happy to turn up for 30 bob, clean kit, and a fish and chip supper after away matches.

Edited by LaticsPete