Ricketts

Despite him being a big lazy turd, was head and shoulders above anything on the field tonight (Jones' crosses and Hughes' finishing ability apart) and those singing that deplorable song, well see how funny it is when you lose someone close to you, then just maybe you will realise just how sick you are. In fact ricketts is a decent footballer and I do him a disservice in referring to him as a 'turd' as unfortunately the 'turds' where sat in Block 'I' of the Rocky Road. Prats!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite him being a big lazy turd, was head and shoulders above anything on the field tonight (Jones' crosses and Hughes' finishing ability apart) and those singing that deplorable song, well see how funny it is when you lose someone close to you, then just maybe you will realise just how sick you are. In fact ricketts is a decent footballer and I do him a disservice in referring to him as a 'turd' as unfortunately the 'turds' where sat in Block 'I' of the Rocky Road. Prats!

Please, please tell me they didn't sing 'DIE DIE RICKETTS' again.

One Hundred percent agree, those people in the Rocky are starting to become a little bit embarrassing. Rico was without doubt the visitors best player, think Taylor was the games stand out man though.

Please, please tell me they didn't sing 'DIE DIE RICKETTS' again.

Unfortunately a few idiots did. He may have been a lazy git with an attitude problem when he was here but thats just a step too far.

And agree entirely aside from hughses finishing and jones's crossing, was head and shoulders above anyone, everytime he got toe ball took 3 of us to tackle him

Looked strong and hard to get off the ball .. won aload of headers and generally ran the play really for them, dropping off the back 4 ... today he played like he never, ever did for us!

Said to my mate, "Watch for Ricketts pulling away slightly off Gregan here..." He did...1-1, same goal he's scored 3 or 4 times this season. Greegs looked shaky again, so back to Rubes and Stam come Brighton.

As much as I can't stand the guy (although those chants are way out of order), he looked class tonight. He shouldn't have been allowed to look class though, but for some reason, everytime he dropped off to collect the ball, we allowed him time to assess his options, and if he'd had an half decent strike partner to get onto some of his through balls the score line could have been different...

Edited by JonesyOAFC

Ricketts dropped back a lot and frequently he wasn't picked up. He played some absolute killer passes and was Walsall's main threat. Gregan definately at fault for the goal, although Crossley should have claimed it. I'm probably in a minority of one, but I thought their second goal was extremely well worked and was more down to some perfect passing that poor defending.

Guest sheridans_world
Ricketts dropped back a lot and frequently he wasn't picked up. He played some absolute killer passes and was Walsall's main threat. Gregan definately at fault for the goal, although Crossley should have claimed it. I'm probably in a minority of one, but I thought their second goal was extremely well worked and was more down to some perfect passing that poor defending.

So the fact that it went through Gregan's legs for the second goal means its well worked?

I think the defence could have been a little tighter, but it was superb vision from Ricketts to set it up. He did 2 or 3 similar balls after that, which thankfully didn't quite come off for him.

That's what he's good at, I rate him - just didn't fit into Shez's style...

He would be much better running onto the ball, but unfortunately the best service the likes of Oldham and Walsall can offer him is long hoofs. That said, he was the best player I can recall seeing at controlling long hoofs up to his chest/head for us.

No doubt I'll be corrected when I see the highlights but I thought DJ was picking up Ricketts at the back post and Gregan was marking at the front post.