Shez's comments

Looking at the gaffer's comments in the Chron about Lomax ( I thought I was reading about Cafu) it looks like Shez is looking at shipping Eardley out too. How else can he justify the praise on Lomaxs' performance last night?

Helps justify leaving a full welsh international and stand in skipper on the bench........plus, he's doing ok!

Looking at the gaffer's comments in the Chron about Lomax ( I thought I was reading about Cafu) it looks like Shez is looking at shipping Eardley out too. How else can he justify the praise on Lomaxs' performance last night?

Boot up the arse for Eardley maybe? Make him realise he might have a fight on his hands for a spot.

Boot up the arse for Eardley maybe? Make him realise he might have a fight on his hands for a spot.

although i am a defender of eardley on this board, if we sell him then maybe we dont have to sell taylor, get it done shez tout to everybody.

we can go up without eardley, im not so sure if we sell taylor.

hope im wrong

although i am a defender of eardley on this board, if we sell him then maybe we dont have to sell taylor, get it done shez tout to everybody.

we can go up without eardley, im not so sure if we sell taylor.

hope im wrong

Totally agree, i dont want to sell anybody but RB is easier to replace than a goal scoring winger.

I think Eardley will go in January. Blitz has already said that the end of the season will give us a chance to bring our budget in line with the other clubs in the league if we don't go up...I reckon the club will resist offers, keep Taylor for what could be a make or break assault on promotion. Chris Taylor will be playing in the Championship next season. You can tell he wants it to be with us...TTA will give him that chance.

Eards will be sold to break even this season.

I think Eardley will go in January. Blitz has already said that the end of the season will give us a chance to bring our budget in line with the other clubs in the league if we don't go up...I reckon the club will resist offers, keep Taylor for what could be a make or break assault on promotion. Chris Taylor will be playing in the Championship next season. You can tell he wants it to be with us...TTA will give him that chance.

i like the sound of that. lets hope you are right.

i think your wrong mate,corney will sell taylor in january if the price is right,would'nt like to see any of em sold really,ktf.

i think your wrong mate,corney will sell taylor in january if the price is right,would'nt like to see any of em sold really,ktf.

There`s a rumor going round that Eardleys been sold already,and not being played in case of injury.BUT! maybe they just heard a welsh international is being sold in the window and put 2+2 together and came up with.......

I really wouldn't mind Eardley going TBH. He's good at times, but doesn't cut the custard (:p) 75% of the time.

What would we get for him?

£200,000 for his age

£200,000 for 100+ apps

£150,000 for Wales set-up etc...

Could see it being £500,000 + for him...

Looking at Taylor's '£700,000', that'd go some way to safeguarding him...

To who? who has been interested in him.

Them dozens of agents at one point or another?

I'm probably in the mionority here but I don't think its inevitable we will lose anyone in January. People on here were saying the same thing at the back end of last season Eardley will leave yet he is still here, and at the moment can't get into our team so why would a team higher up the football food chain take a chance on him. I very much doubt that TTA will be forced to sell anyone in January. They budget accordingly so that cup money will be a bonus, and will be added to next seasons transfer kitty. The only one I am really concerned at losing is Hughes because of his contract being up at the end of the season. The only way the likes of Taylor or Eardley will be sold is if a silly offer comes in which would allow us to replace them with two or three players even if just one of them is sold.

TTA want promotion the Championship now has the fourth best aggregate attendences in Europe behind the Bundesliga The Premiership and La Liga its got much bigger since we left it their are plenty of teams up their that now average 20,000 and they know thats the best way to get bums on seats. They are pragmatists and will do whats best for Oldham Athletics as a business but know that long term being in the league above will be the best thing that can happen to the club. As far as I'm concerned all the speculation on this board is just that I will only believe it when I see it.