Ticket office question

:unsure:

Err.. Sunny and Blue skies here in Brizzle!

Sunny now , snow on ground, but no standstill in North Yorks.

A bit of snow didn't stop Bert Lister!

(for younger listeners, he scored six on a snowbound pitch, Boxing Day, 1962).

Edited by LaticsPete

Neighbour set at for work at 7.30am. Took an hour to travel less than a mile to the Shaw Road / Rochdale Road lights (Carters Arms)!

Chose to scrap the school drive and walked OpinionsJr to school only to find on arrival ... closed due to lack of teachers!

You would think the Head Teacher who had made it there could sit them all in the hall and deliver some ad-hoc teaching.

'elf an safety and 150 to a class not allowed I spose. Silly world we live in.

Edited by opinions4u

Neighbour set at for work at 7.30am. Took an hour to travel less than a mile to the Shaw Road / Rochdale Road lights (Carters Arms)!

Chose to scrap the school drive and walked OpinionsJr to school only to find on arrival ... closed due to lack of teachers!

You would think the Head Teacher who had made it there could sit them all in the hall and deliver some ad-hoc teaching.

'elf an safety and 150 to a class not allowed I spose. Silly world we live in.

Yep. Because they've never shut a school due to snow before now! :unsure:

I work a crompton house school and this is the first time it has closed in over 20 years.

I rang up this morning and only 2 teachers had made it in at 8am.

Hope it keeps snowing!

Lol, I go there, jump out of my Dad's car, only to have Mr Douglas shout across the road to me that it was closed!

Course my Dad had gone by then, so I had ti walk 3/4 of an hour home!!!

Guest oa_exile
Aye. I recall getting sent home or turned away from school numerous times due to snow 'back in the day'. Proper great feelings those were! I bet Tandle Hills is busy today!

Which Borstal was that ?

Quick, edit your post before leeslover points out there is only one Tandle Hill! :blink:

I wasn’t even thinking of it! More reminiscing in the innocent childhood memory of Luke Beckett’s Anchor forgetting the anchor on his sledge there and having to use his head and a tree to slow down. Happy days!

I wasn’t even thinking of it! More reminiscing in the innocent childhood memory of Luke Beckett’s Anchor forgetting the anchor on his sledge there and having to use his head and a tree to slow down. Happy days!

oafc_ok and his sister were sledging down a fairway on Oldham Golf Course, when they became airborne momentarily, before coming to an abrupt stop as she went head over his heels and crushed him in the snow. 'Ski Sunday' my arse!

I work a crompton house school and this is the first time it has closed in over 20 years.

I used to travel by train from Werneth to Manc Victoria, and then by bus to Pendleton when going to school. When it snowed in Oldham we really made the most of it by letting the normal train go without us and going the long way round via Weaste to school. There was never any snow at school and we always got away with it, in spite of the teacher from Oldham always getting there on time. Happy days!

I also work at a local educational establishment...and after taking nearly an hour and half, to cross Oldham from Royton village after an hour, we are told we can go home......hapy days :D (better do a bit now at home i suppose :disappointed: )

You **************************** <_<<_<<_<

We had to stay at the main body. Took 2 and a half hours for us to get into work - set off at half 7, got there at 10 - we were ten cars ready to come off the motorway at broadway before he decided to do a spin and hit the barrier. 6 staff 3 kids for the bit i'm usually in. Should of just called transport back and told everyone they could go home. We got told they were all going after dinner at 12. Then after dinner we got told it'd be half 2. I bet some didnt get out any earlier than a normal tuesday. Absolute waste of a day really considering there was about 30 kids tops in the whole building. Apart from the snowball fight at break - Every staff member for themselves whilst the kid's double teamed. Didnt enjoy being chased down the hall by 3 of the kids before being lobbed at with countless snowballs.

Alot of annoyed staff today. Especially when they found out how much further they'd travelled than people who got turned back and told to go home and when we heard that the L.C had been shut. Just sat around doing nothing all day when I could have at least done a bit of christmas shopping or something productive.

Edited by Rocky_Latic