Lost the Faith

Isnt it funny how a week can change everything ... Since we came back from 2 down, Hughes has suddenly become murdering scum to some on here, the lads are all s*** and theres calls for Sheridans head :unsure: ... can people get anymore fickle, jesus ... i can bet no-one was saying these things after our superb come back last week .. Get a grip FFS!

Unfortunately, there was three-hundred-odd to watch that performance at peterboro, and six and a half thousand latics fans to watch that dross yesterday... its not fickle, just that a lot of fans representation of Latics is only home games... and lets face it, we are bloody awful at home...

Agree with most of the stuff on here... the lack of Maher is absolutely baffling... I'd be looking to play anyone but Whitaker at the moment - irrespective of the fact that we have one of the best lower division midfielders for the past 10 years sat on the bench... It must be absolutely hiddeous to be a reserve midfielded at this club, play hard in training, do well in the limited opportunities you have, and then never get in the frigging side and you have to watch that crap.... oh, but dont worry, there may be the bi-annual reserve game coming round soon to 'keep sharp' ...

... almost as frustrating as being a striker at this club having to play in front of that crap... Hughes' energy got us back into the game on his own at Peterboro, and then hey, he has a bad game at home and he is murdering scum who can pack his bags now.... he cant win every :censored: ing game on his own... but when he doesnt suddenly he i public enemy number 1...

Wouldnt blame any of our players from jumping ship from this shambles... the annoying thing is it could be solved so easily... if Sheridan just did what he promised... taking vcare of the ball, and actually giving those who deserve to be playing an opportunity...

Edited by BigfinLatic

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be quite honest I've heard more than once and too many occasions things said like "that is papering over the cracks". What I will say we have improved this season in regards of comebacks compared to last season. However yesterday was terrible to watch and to some, and all the stay aways more reason not to believe and stay away. It's fine and dandy to say well we don't need that type, whereas actually we do. Without the crowds and revenue we are staying put or declining....fact.

I agree yesterday was poor .. i agree we need the fans to come through the turnstile ... all im saying is that some people are going way, way over board!

On that note, i had to laugh when everyone moaned at Eardley for a pass he made, thinking it was going out ... when he curled it nicely and it was actually a decent ball (in the 2nd half!). Morons.

I remember the pass you refer to, I am not saying I moaned but I do believe the lino got that wrong and it did indeed curl out to in!!

From my seat it didnt appear to go out.

It's one we'll never know. Maybe looked different at different angles. From my seat, right hand side of the Chaddy (looking from pitch side, ie the same side the pass you refer was made) and looking down the line it appeared from my angle to curl out to in.

Yesterday was crap no doubts, and as Rummy has said, a missed opportunity to get some of the stayaways to return, and we are hearing the same thing week in week out from Shez, no doubt he is in for a bollocking from TTA.

Yesterday I think the team played like we had a god given right to beat Leyton Orient. And we had the same problem in the stands with some of our fans.

Some fans need to wake up, smell the coffee and realise we are not a big club, even at this level. Yes eardley may make the odd stray pass, yes we may have had little creativity yesterday, but without meaning to sound disrespectful to our players, thats why we are in League 1. If every pass was inch perfect, they would be premier league players.

However, we are still 6th for one. Apart from maybe stockport, we have a much smaller budget than the rest of the chasing pack such as Millwall, Leeds, Scunny, MK Dons, Peterboro, and even some of the teams further down like Huddersfield and Southend.

For me, unless we lose ground dramatically from the chasing pack, I would like to see Shez be given untill the end of the season at the very least, if not the duration of his contract

Yesterday was crap no doubts, and as Rummy has said, a missed opportunity to get some of the stayaways to return, and we are hearing the same thing week in week out from Shez, no doubt he is in for a bollocking from TTA.

Yesterday I think the team played like we had a god given right to beat Leyton Orient. And we had the same problem in the stands with some of our fans.

Some fans need to wake up, smell the coffee and realise we are not a big club, even at this level. Yes eardley may make the odd stray pass, yes we may have had little creativity yesterday, but without meaning to sound disrespectful to our players, thats why we are in League 1. If every pass was inch perfect, they would be premier league players.

However, we are still 6th for one. Apart from maybe stockport, we have a much smaller budget than the rest of the chasing pack such as Millwall, Leeds, Scunny, MK Dons, Peterboro, and even some of the teams further down like Huddersfield and Southend.

For me, unless we lose ground dramatically from the chasing pack, I would like to see Shez be given untill the end of the season at the very least, if not the duration of his contract

A pretty good, sensible summary! Ban him mods :wink::grin:

Agree with most of the stuff on here... the lack of Maher is absolutely baffling... I'd be looking to play anyone but Whitaker at the moment - irrespective of the fact that we have one of the best lower division midfielders for the past 10 years sat on the bench... It must be absolutely hiddeous to be a reserve midfielded at this club, play hard in training, do well in the limited opportunities you have, and then never get in the frigging side and you have to watch that crap.... oh, but dont worry, there may be the bi-annual reserve game coming round soon to 'keep sharp' ...

Ahhhhh Maher. Don't worry, he's a true experienced professional who trains excellently. When his chance comes he'll be ready...

E4e

BOLOX

He won't though, that's his problem. It was clear after 20 minutes yesterday that the midfield was cack. whitaker was pisspoor and should have been hauled off. Allott was ok and had a storming spell for 15-20 minutes befire their goal. Shez bleats about 'taking care of the ball' the best player at the club to do that is Maher. it was clear we wouldn't score again, so the best way to hold onto a one goal lead is 'to take care of the ball' so he should have been on. I was not impressed with Whitaker's signing in the summer, however to be fair to the lad he did ok in the first third of the season, however I am convinced he was playing above his station - a bit like Allott last season and now we are seeing Whitaker's true capabilities; that of an anonymous 4th division player, he has to be dropped. We win 3/3 with Maher in the team Danny comes back in and we are dropping points again. Have the bollocks to change it Shez.

PS Is Taylor injured? He looked so lethargic yesterday?

Spot on Prozac.

People are very quick to put the boot into someone who is questioning Shez's commitment, tactical nous and motivational skills. Yes, we're unbeaten in 7, but you may have noticed we haven't now won in 3 and are racking up a large amount of draws which makes a bit of a mockery of any unbeaten run. You may as well lose a fecking game and win two. Bollocks to unbeaten runs.

I've not lost the faith yet. But I'm seriously looking at Shez in a spotlight and challenging him to start improving things. Turning draws into wins and being brave with changing a formation/team that just isn't doing the business. If we carry on the form we've currently got we'll drop further down the league because we're simply drawing too many games that we really should be winning.

Wake up and smell the coffee some of you. We really aren't playing too well for a full 90 minutes and haven't done for a good while now.

A big test for me is what happens when Crossley is fit (should be for Crewe I believe), given how Fleming has come in and done a good job he shouldn't just reclaim his spot.

I think he will though. No danger at all. Not that I agree with it.

Fleming's done well for me. Still very young and has shown plenty of promise.

A big test for me is what happens when Crossley is fit (should be for Crewe I believe), given how Fleming has come in and done a good job he shouldn't just reclaim his spot.

Im not sure he`ll ready for Crewe, might be a game to soon. For me, you cant drop Fleming, should really have had 2 clean sheets from 2 but unluckily hasnt.

Hallelujah - common sense - level headed post - off off off off!!! :redcard:

Duration of his contract? Nah, play-offs (and actually look like we could win a game in them) or the sack for me.