Chaddy the Owl - Bad Club Mascot

I think if you work with children and you choose to verbally abuse and threaten a child within your place of work then you are looking at problems... I would of thought that is obvious....

Marcel Marceau may have sworn and threatened like a trooper, but there was never any danger of him doing it during his act.......except for perhaps the odd V-sign!! B)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its time to set a few things straight having read all this.

Firstly, i did NOT threaten him, and i certainly didnt swear at him, that would have missed the point completely.

I sat there in the second half and listened to him having a pop at Eardly even when he did nothing wrong. He was shouting stuff that Eardly could obviously hear. He even told one of the Orient player to hit his freekick in Eardlys face. I mentioned something to my dad about it who was sat with me and my six year old lad. My dad said he had been at it all game and my son said he kept swearing and i didnt appreciate that. Yes i know you will get swearing at a match but thats in the heat of the moment, not just to entertain your mates (Who were all laughing at every little outburst). I tapped him on the shoulder and asked if he realised that Eardly was in fact an Oldham Athletic player. When he said he did i asked him why he felt the need to abuse him even when he had done nothing wrong. He started getting very gobby about how it was his opinion and he was entitled to it. I said "yes i know you are, but there are 2500 other people in this stand who might not agree with you, and i dont appreciate that language infront of my lad so shut it". He waffled something again about it being his opinion and i told him again to just shut it and watch the game. He didnt say another word against Eardly so i obviously got my point across.

I agree with people that as a club representative i shouldnt threaten anyone.....I didnt, i voiced my opinion. I would NEVER speak when in the costume so that doesnt come into the argument. I work for free and i see my payment as getting to see the game for free, so as a "paying customer" im entitled to ask someone not to swear infront of my son when its not called for. The stewards are club representatives and thay have the option to throw someone out for the behaviour this lad shown. I could have reported him to the stewards, but i felt the way i dealt with it was the correct way.

This was NOT a young kid, he was at least 16 or 17. I would NEVER get into an argument with a kid.

If i AM out of order for what i did then i will expect a call from Alan Hardy, but he knows that im aware of my position within the club and what i can and cant get away with.

Im happy to discuss this with the lad in question either on here or in person, if he feels himself that i was out of order then i will apologise to his face, but im sure in the cold light of day he will see that HE was the one out of order.

Oh, and Senor Coco, which original Chaddy do you mean? Do you mean Mr Taft or Lois Best? ^_^

good man Chad, I think it's more than acceptable to give someone (not an ejit either!! :banned: ) a verbal clip around the ear, as a latics fan, when a player is clearly and unfairly being abused. Especially if it's in front of your lad.

I am quite sure the originator of the post and also the geezer doing the swearing (if not the same person), are probably sat back laughing at the mini stir they think have caused, warnings sent out by mods etc, and revelling in their general mischief making, in trying to clip your wings mate - good on ya!! :chubb:

I think banning him would be a bit harsh, he is only going off say so from what i can gather as he says he was sat behind me. If he was then he was sat two rows back as my dad and Beardy were sat behind me and Beardy didnt hear what was said between me and the lad. The only person who heard it was Lordy as he was sat next to him.

I think i can go to sleep tonight safe in the knowledge that ive got a clear concience and i will be back on the 28th.

Im a little miffed that he was saying people should keep there kids away from me though. What does he think im going to do? :huh:

Guest oa_exile
Yeah, keep the discussion going, it can only help my already self inflated ego :grin:

The more this thread goes on the more I am coming around to Sheepheads way of thinking :grin: