Chaddy the Owl - Bad Club Mascot

Correct me if im wrong, but chaddy the owl is meant to be a role model for the younger generations at the club, but yesterday, i noticed the guy who is chaddy the owl threatening a youth at the club regarding neal eardley. This lad sat a few rows in front of me was abusing eardley towards the end of the game, mostly as a joke, as the things he was saying were funny regarding eardley, e.g. booing eardley even when he wasnt close to the ball, obviously joking, when chaddy the owl or wayne or whatever he is called said: "are you watching the same game as me?" "ill only f****** tell you once, keep quiet" or something along those lines.

I dont think our mascot should realy be threatening teenagers, frankly im worried about him, as he feels he has to do that, and cant take a joke apologies about the language but thats just what i heard, and i dont think its good for the club. At the end of the day sheridan has actually said the fans are entitled to boo players, not that i do, but they are, they pay the money, and i dont see chaddys problem with it especially if hes going to threaten youngsters, keep your kids away from the guy! He isnt good for the club.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if im wrong, but chaddy the owl is meant to be a role model for the younger generations at the club, but yesterday, i noticed the guy who is chaddy the owl threatening a youth at the club regarding neal eardley. This lad sat a few rows in front of me was abusing eardley towards the end of the game, mostly as a joke, as the things he was saying were funny regarding eardley, e.g. booing eardley even when he wasnt close to the ball, obviously joking, when chaddy the owl or wayne or whatever he is called said: "are you watching the same game as me?" "ill only f****** tell you once, keep quiet" or something along those lines.

I dont think our mascot should realy be threatening teenagers, frankly im worried about him, as he feels he has to do that, and cant take a joke apologies about the language but thats just what i heard, and i dont think its good for the club. At the end of the day sheridan has actually said the fans are entitled to boo players, not that i do, but they are, they pay the money, and i dont see chaddys problem with it especially if hes going to threaten youngsters, keep your kids away from the guy! He isnt good for the club.

O dear, the amount of rubbish on here this weekend is unreal!

Edited by Lookers_Carl

I'm sure all of the kids and families who chaddy has entertained over the years will appreciate your 'snitching' comments.

Wether the incident occured or not, Is there really any need to make them public on here?

PM him and ask him, though i guess by doing that you are not going to create much of a stir are you!!

Edited by Lookers_Carl

What a complete ****head you are, how old are you going telling tales!!! :angry:

Chaddy is loved by the kids and adults at Oldham as he is an entertainer.

Your mate needs to get a life instead of abusing a player cos he thinks its funny!!!! :angry:

ooooh desper - i love it when you get angry - soooo masterful

Nah, it's because Chaddys alter ego is mates with a fair few on here and he can do no wrong.

Wether he's mates with some or not - a volunteer who does a great deal of good for the club in terms of promoting it, is why a lot will back him - regardless of friendship stakes - ask yourself and the guy who started this topic - would you be prepared to put the hours in that he does for nowt and promote the club. I'll save you both the bother of answering that - NO!

Wether he's mates with some or not - a volunteer who does a great deal of good for the club in terms of promoting it, is why a lot will back him - regardless of friendship stakes - ask yourself and the guy who started this topic - would you be prepared to put the hours in that he does for nowt and promote the club. I'll save you both the bother of answering that - NO!

He's representing the club regardless, we have no idea whether the OP is telling the truth but if true he has no right saying those things whilst in character, the same would go for Franny, his mate who reads the scores out or even cheery old Roy.

mostly as a joke, as the things he was saying were funny regarding eardley, e.g. booing eardley even when he wasnt close to the ball, obviously joking,

So, given that "booing eardley when he wasn't close to the ball" was the funniest you could come up with, am I right in guessing that the rest of it was even less funny and just stupid pathetic vitriol?

And you've hardly nailed the comments - it seems you just "think" he said something like that.

So, I'd guess - 1. he didn't say anything like that at all, but might have told the kid to stop being an idiot. 2. The kid was being a compete and utter moron.

And you side with the moron?

If you read the post coco, he said it was near the end of the game. Only those who know the ID of C.t.O. will know he and Wayne are the same. So to answer what you posted he wasn't posing as C.t.O.

Exactly, if he was dressed as Chaddy and said it then thats different, but once the costumes off to most who dont know him he`s just another fan. The term mountain out of a molehill springs to mind.

Also, if you read the first post the guy dosent even know what he said, Sheephead`s exact words are "or something along those lines." so for all we and he knows Wayne could have said something completely different!

Edited by kellys_discopants