Neal Eardley

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
hasn't had a decent run in the team this season. So hasn't really had much of a chance to prove this.

My last post was tongue in cheek :wink:

.........BUT you cannot be serious with the bones of that post, he was pretty much an ever present up to recently :shock:

Guest oa_exile
not much

Yep, I appreciate that you are a footballing genius :wink: you'll also be telling me how good he is next ^_^

Edited by oa_exile

I really don't understand the criticism of Eardley. Is he useless and the scouts and managers in the professional game have got it all wrong? Doubtful. He's inconsistent, that's all, we've seen numerous times that he's a very good player in this division, just unfortunate we've also seen him look very average here as well. He clearly has the potential to step up to a higher level, just needs to get that consistency.

I personally think he's the answer to our midfield problem, he can pick a pass, his shooting is better than anyones in our squad, he can tackle, he works hard, plenty there to work with. Is it just a case that he's this season's scapegoat?

he is better than lomax, which is why lomax has been linked to rochdale and eardley is being linked to last season championship play off contenders.

by all means sell if it means keeping other players but the criticism he has received is a joke.

neal eardley will be playing at a higher level than any full back playing for oldham over the next few years, thats how bad he is.

People who suggest Lomax is even half the player of Eardley are deluded.

On saturday there was a lad behind me slagging off everything Eardley did, he told him to do one thing in the first half and then slagged him off for it in the second half. People just get in the mind set of slating everything he does and its very hard to change that. He could make 10 brilliant challenges but then make 1 bad pass and it would be that pass that people chose to talk about.

He had a poor attempt from a free kick on Saturday, but come on we were :censored: all game. Who would you have sooner took it? Everyone on the pitch seemed to be happy for him to take it

so where would the bidding start then?

So 20 years old.

Capped at international level, captains his national side at under 21 level, over 100 games for his club, can play right back and has looked useful at times in midfield. Captained his club when regular was injured (regardless of the motives behind it he was captain).

750k for starters. Point back to Trotman if they ask any questions.

If he went for under 500k, you'd be looking at less for Taylor then. We need to start showing we won't be mugged off. Look at Crewe now. Clubs know they need to go in with decent bids or they just get laughed off.

he is better than lomax, which is why lomax has been linked to rochdale and eardley is being linked to last season championship play off contenders.

by all means sell if it means keeping other players but the criticism he has received is a joke.

neal eardley will be playing at a higher level than any full back playing for oldham over the next few years, thats how bad he is.

He won't. He'll get sold to a Championship club, get completely found out at that level, and then slip back down to either League One or below.

he wasnt made captain for his leadership qualities....he was made captain to boost his transfer fee towards the end of last season,shez then decided to play him a few times in midfield as again his value would be worth more as a good defender/midfielder....

on his day he can be outstanding....but he needs an experienced head near him as he tends to wander away from his position then when he gets found out trys to blame it on someone not covering....

he isnt likely to go charging down the touchline like irwin used to do,making the overlap runs etc etc.....and 8 times out of ten when he has time to control the ball and pick a pass,he spoons it out of play or straight to the opposition.....

if he performed consistantly week in week out then we wouldnt even be having this debate,as the no sale sign would be up for our welsh international full back...

however if by selling him it means taylor stays then so be it.....

I must be watching a different full back to you then, because that is one of the things Eardley brings to the table (along with his better defending when compared to Kelvin & D Jones), his link up with Lidds has been one of our strong points over the last couple of years, the Lomax / Lidds partnership hasn't been as good as that of Eards / Lidds - Neal constantly looks to overlap when playing RB, he did it 4 or 5 times in the first half on sat, and set up 2 of Lewis goals vs Scunny doing the same.

He's a cracking player for L1 level & has the potential to play even higher. I'd be very surprised if we didn't get bids for him in Jan from Championship clubs, and i'd be really disappointed to see him leave for less than £750k with considerable add-on's thrown in too.

The gang of Eardley bashers will have to find a new target for their stupid ass booing & berrating though if he does indeed leave us in Jan, wonder who t'll be? COG? Whitts? Deano? they always need someone to slag off don't they?

Yep, I appreciate that you are a footballing genius :wink: you'll also be telling me how good he is next ^_^

so he was :censored: last season was he? he must of been doing something right to have scouts from the prem watching him,people forget he's still learning his trade but some on here are just waiting for him to make a mistake and say "told you so".ktf.

He's not though is he. Or else he wouldn't have played so many games at this level, be recognised internationally or be scouted by many clubs during his with time us.

Its a joke he plays for Wales, but hardly a proper country is it.

This whole thread shows up the divide in opinions on Neal - the ones who think he crap & the ones who see what the scouts /pundits / international managers see.

I'm with the scouts / managers personally, think he's the best FB we've had since Armstrong & the best RB since Irwin, but hey, what do alot of very respected people in game know eh? lets go along with the 'crap' brigaide shall we?

"Bloody Eardley, he's crap you know."

Rubbish; i'll be peed off if he goes personally, i can understand the club's plight financially so if a 'silly' offer comes in i understand it will be given due consideration; but seeling off our prize youngsters isn't the way to mount a promotion challenge; and Eardley IS one of our prize youngsters.

Rubbish; i'll be peed off if he goes personally, i can understand the club's plight financially so if a 'silly' offer comes in i understand it will be given due consideration; but seeling off our prize youngsters isn't the way to mount a promotion challenge; and Eardley IS one of our prize youngsters.

Nah, sorry, I know what you are saying, but reasonable right backs are pretty easy to find at this level - and they aint the ones who get you promoted... Look at Lomax - hardly a worldbeater is he? But good enough to do a job at this level, and whether you agree or not, keep Eardley out of the side...

If it comes to selling Eardley to keep the rest of our squad together then its sell sell sell for me.. totally understand what you are saying, but i'm sure there will be floods of reasonable right backs available in jan if we want a replacement - a lot for free... but try and find a decent left winger to replace chrissy...

... and if you want more of my "full back are pointless in the division" rants just ask! (very 2007 - and I think lees and S_W might beat me to death with a spoon if i start ranting about full backs again :wink: )

Yeah if anyone from Bristol City is on here, he is great. Not overrated and is excellent on the ball, especially playing cross field or down the line passes. I wouldn't carry him on my back to Bristol, honest he's one of the greats. :lol:

:pray: Please Jebus let someone buy him so we can keep the footballers in our squad.

anyone watching eardley, hughes and taylor on saturday will have put their money firmly in their back pocket again. very ordinary the 3 of them.

Guest oa_exile
so he was :censored: last season was he? he must of been doing something right to have scouts from the prem watching him,people forget he's still learning his trade but some on here are just waiting for him to make a mistake and say "told you so".ktf.

Like trying to pull teeth but at least a better post than...........

not much

..........and to answer your post , FB's are two a penny in this Div,so no loss as he will be easily replaced.

He does nowt for me,including last season.

He will hopefully move to Brizzie and will get found out - over rated :)

As posted by others we will lose someone in January hopefully he is the one B)