Even though we scored 2

Craig Davies came on. Hughes goal was lucky from bad defending and Smalleys was a wonder goal. Besides the Danny Whit header and a free kick from Windass we didnt really look like adding until Davies showed his pace. I think hes our answer at home matches. think Dean Smalley showed Shez what hes been missing as well and Chris Taylor is the worst player at the club at the minute. Thought Eardley was gash and got beat every time and Kelvin Lomax has got a 50p head and a worse foot. Great Result though so all my moaning should be disregarded.

Oh no because we didn't almost score in the first minute when Windass set Hughes up with a nice flick on header, and we didn't score 2 goals, hit the bar and have several shots saved by the keeper or hit marginally wide before Davies came on did we?

Davies came on and ran a tired defence ragged, he did it well, but what you've said about us not looking dangerous until he came on is pretty much bóllócks.

We looked a lot more dangerous when Davies came on, good to see him working hard, could have had a couple himself tonight.

Although Whittaker could have had a hattrick, Taylor had a decent effort just wide, Windass hit the bar, Hughes had a chance early on as well. Almost forgot Lomax's cross come shot that hit the post.

Hartlepool pressed us, just like every team does at BP, this time we put them to the sword. Keep it up Oldham!

Guest sheridans_world
Oh no because we didn't almost score in the first minute when Windass set Hughes up with a nice flick on header, and we didn't score 2 goals, hit the bar and have several shots saved by the keeper or hit marginally wide before Davies came on did we?

Davies came on and ran a tired defence ragged, he did it well, but what you've said about us not looking dangerous until he came on is pretty much bóllócks.

I agree, he did a good job tonight. Hope he can end his little drought (for us anyway) and get a goal.

During the match, did anyone think 'Ay up, could have a Windass-Hughes partnership here?'

Then Hughesy went off and Davies came on, I thought 'Ay up, we could have a Windass-Davies partnership too'

Thought Windass worked well with both strikers.

I thought 'Ay up, we could have a Windass-Davies partnership too'

Thought Windass worked well with both strikers.

Windass did exactly what Davies wants...balls over the top to chase onto etc. Not had anyone doing that since Kilkenny left.

Craig Davies came on. Hughes goal was lucky from bad defending and Smalleys was a wonder goal. Besides the Danny Whit header and a free kick from Windass we didnt really look like adding until Davies showed his pace. I think hes our answer at home matches. think Dean Smalley showed Shez what hes been missing as well and Chris Taylor is the worst player at the club at the minute. Thought Eardley was gash and got beat every time and Kelvin Lomax has got a 50p head and a worse foot. Great Result though so all my moaning should be disregarded.

i wouldnt say taylor was the worst player...

he proved again tonight he has the ability to beat players and set something up...not his fault if the team play more down the right side is it.....think its a case of taylors been worked out,but smalley was something different on the other wing,and proved he is more than capable of doing a good job out there....

my only dissapointment so to speak was the fact taylor knew he could out do there defence,yet chose not to,prefering to lay it off infield.....when on the 3 times he did choose to do it he nearly scored.

Can't agree with that....In the first few minutes we could have had the game sewn up. If Hughes 1st minute effort had gone in I think we would have murdered em!!

The interplay and first touch football from Windass early on was sheer class and when he get's fully match fit he'll be a massive asset to the club, the only problem is we haven't got players who think as quick as him and Hughesy.

Taylor needs to play the simple pass now and again instead of taking the whole defence on by himself and then maybe he'll get his confidence back.

The reason Smalley doesn't play every week was evident tonight, apart from his wonder strike I thought he was very average and although he has pace and can run with the ball he very rarely has full control and it's that and his crossing ability that must be frustrating Shez.

We are still crying out for a Windass type in midfield where again too many passes are going astray. We need to hold the ball better and create rather than pass it wide and stand still!!

We were hanging on again near the end and don't look much like a top 6 side.

Full marks to Davies who did did well when he came on and could be the answer on the right side but there's no way he will shift Windass and Hughes ( If he stay's that is!)

6 points from our next two games would be great and should be attainable cos there's not much margin for error if we want to catch the top two.. KTF.

Thought we played some lovely stuff today, to say we didnt look dangerous is alittle silly IMO.

I agree, first half we passed the ball really well, Whits and Maher had complete control in the centre with Greegs solid and good attacking promise from both full backs who were always an option. To say we didnt look dangerous till Davies came on is absolute rubbish. Thought we kept possession well and were patient until Greegs decides he's had enough and gets his big boot on it. Second half the game fell apart a bit for 15-20 mins when the ball spent more time in the air andwe lost a bit of shape, but Shez made the switch at the right time and Davies did really well when he came on. Was suprised it was Hughes coming off as Windass looked to be panting a bit but encouraging that he played almost the full 90. Very encouragig tonight in all, though I wish we could put teams to bed instead of making it harder work than it needs to be. We made Hartlepool look pretty poor tonight.

my only dissapointment so to speak was the fact taylor knew he could out do there defence,yet chose not to,prefering to lay it off infield.....when on the 3 times he did choose to do it he nearly scored.

Sorry Ed, I'm doing it again and really disagreeing with you - Taylor had 2 men on him which created the space on the right for Deano and Eardley to exploit. Plus no point Taylor busting a gut to get to the line to cross in when there are no blue shirts in there, much rather us keep possession and build another attack.

Smalley seems to run fast moving his feet alot, into a croud of defenders, and leaves the ball behind.

having said that, he had a decent game.

Agree, he hasnt really got the tricks to beat his man but he did a job tonight, has pace and can strike a ball aswell. Great goal

I'm not sure even Deane knew he could do that... :grin: (the goal)

We looked very dangerous first half, but failed to respond to a rejuvenated Hartlepool after the break and ended up extremely nervous (somewhat chicken and egg between the players and the crowd I think). Bringing Davies on when he did as a vital outlet was a stroke of mini genius from Shez that secured the 3 points.

Taylor didn't have his usual pace advantage. At one point during the second half, Richie Jones (their Taylor, number 8) chased him back, overtook and dispossessed him. I haven't seen anybody catch Taylor like that for ages.

Also, maybe it's good decision making that the three times you mention resulted in near goals? It doesn't mean he can dribble and nearly score every time he get's the ball!

Edited by Stitch_KTF

Guest sheridans_world

'Deanaldo' - showed some good tricks today, he gave Shez something to think about, I would be very suprised if Deanaldo doesnt start instead of Liddell again on Saturday.

Taylor didn't have his usual pace advantage. At one point during the second half, Richie Jones (their Taylor, number 8) chased him back, overtook and dispossessed him. I haven't seen anybody catch Taylor like that for ages.

Taylor was quiet tonight but as has been the case recently he is afforded no space at all, even in the first half when we were knocking it around freely , Taylor was rarely involved with the ball, but the fact that he drags two men to him free's up space elsewhere on the pitch which we exploited down the right with smalley and eardley. He didnt do anything particularly wrong and as Shez has said he needs to adapt his game now that people have noticed his ability. For someone to say he is the worst performing player at the club obviously doesnt understand the game too well.

'Deanaldo' - showed some good tricks today, he gave Shez something to think about, I would be very suprised if Deanaldo doesnt start instead of Liddell again on Saturday.

He bloody well should do, he needs a run of games to get into the groove and show what he can do. In that time he will make mistakes - all players do and he needs to be allowed to make them so that he can put them right. He has scored some good and important goals for us, long may it continue.

You must be f***ing cross eyed pal.

He bloody well should do, he needs a run of games to get into the groove and show what he can do. In that time he will make mistakes - all players do and he needs to be allowed to make them so that he can put them right. He has scored some good and important goals for us, long may it continue.

think shez has to start with the same team against hereford..and resist the temptation to go back to mates again..

away from home we seem to play without fear...hereford are on a bad run so if we hit them like we started tonight with any luck it could be sorted for half time....

think they need a few decent training session to understand how windass works,as his movement and vision was fantastic,he is just to quick n clever for most of our team,they need to learn how to play off him...

only really possible change would be allott for whittacker,but who can second guess shez.

think shez has to start with the same team against hereford..and resist the temptation to go back to mates again..

Shez's 'mates' are often mentioned on here......could somebody please tell me who they are? Is Dux planning a comeback?

think they need a few decent training session to understand how windass works,as his movement and vision was fantastic,he is just to quick n clever for most of our team,they need to learn how to play off him...

I know what you mean but it's more a case of the other players not realising how good he is and therefore not anticipating his pass coming rather than them not seeing his pass full-stop. His awareness and vision is excellent.......as our players begin to appreiciate this they will get into positions to take advantage/be ready to recieve the ball, point being it shouldn't take long to get right. :) Any 'players' reading this will know what I mean.