Chaddy vs Rocky Road End debate

As a season ticket holder in the Rocky, and having had a ST in the Lookers for a few years previous, I have to say how much I enjoyed it in the Chaddy yesterday and vs Hudds and Leicester. The atmosphere was great and without the :censored: drum too! I know where i'm going next season - back to my spiritual home. Yer can shove yer beer up yer arse! Oh and it wasn't a fight getting through the turnstile unlike the Posh Spice designed size zero at the Rocky! How the hell did the Toon Army fit through them?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a season ticket holder in the Rocky, and having had a ST in the Lookers for a few years previous, I have to say how much I enjoyed it in the Chaddy yesterday and vs Hudds and Leicester. The atmosphere was great and without the :censored: drum too! I know where i'm going next season - back to my spiritual home. Yer can shove yer beer up yer arse! Oh and it wasn't a fight getting through the turnstile unlike the Posh Spice designed size zero at the Rocky! How the hell did the Toon Army fit through them?

I know where am going as well swapping with you to go in the R.R.E. A much better stand with a better atmosphere.

If I get a season ticket next year (which is very much dependent on whether we go up or who our manager is if we stay down) i'll be swapping the RRE for the Chaddy, I've not enjoyed the move from the Lookers at all and the prices of the RRE season tickets will be moved inline with the other stands.

One things for sure the location of that bloody drum will need to be announced as early as possible

If I get a season ticket next year (which is very much dependent on whether we go up or who our manager is if we stay down) i'll be swapping the RRE for the Chaddy, I've not enjoyed the move from the Lookers at all and the prices of the RRE season tickets will be moved inline with the other stands.

One things for sure the location of that bloody drum will need to be announced as early as possible

Me too. I think I will go and sit next to Dan.

Derek.

Was it just me, or did everyone in rocky yesterday not hear so much as a peep out of the chaddy?

Yeah, I couldn't hear a thing to be honest, in fact, never mind sound, the only movement I could see was the 2 flags...

Course the acoustics aren't great at BP, so if someone from the CHaddy says it was rocking, it was rocking as far as I'm concerned :wink:

KTF

Joe

I was in the chaddy yesterday, apart from the usual suspects on the right hand side there wasn't much singing, the odd sporadic but of chanting if a player had done well but no real consistent singing.

On the plus side I was miles away from the drum. I'll tell you what the problem with the drum is - it is effing annoying listening to boom boom boom boom boom boom boom during a football match- it isn't "atmosphere" it is a sodding nuisance - he bangs it when the teams are being read out so you can't hear who is in or who is on the bench He bangs it when you are talking to people so you can't hear a word they are saying or vice versa. There wasn't a need for one in the first place and there isn't a need for it now.

The turnstyles are awful getting in to the RRE but the pillars are terrible in the chaddy, If the persists in allowing the drum in I want to know early which stand it is in as it will be a major consideration as to which stand I get my ST in next season.

I was in the chaddy yesterday, apart from the usual suspects on the right hand side there wasn't much singing, the odd sporadic but of chanting if a player had done well but no real consistent singing.

On the plus side I was miles away from the drum. I'll tell you what the problem with the drum is - it is effing annoying listening to boom boom boom boom boom boom boom during a football match- it isn't "atmosphere" it is a sodding nuisance - he bangs it when the teams are being read out so you can't hear who is in or who is on the bench He bangs it when you are talking to people so you can't hear a word they are saying or vice versa. There wasn't a need for one in the first place and there isn't a need for it now.

The turnstyles are awful getting in to the RRE but the pillars are terrible in the chaddy, If the persists in allowing the drum in I want to know early which stand it is in as it will be a major consideration as to which stand I get my ST in next season.

The drum is fantastic and adds to the atmosphere, no it creates the atmosphere. Long live the drum.

whats everyone's f**king problem about the drum !!!! it adds to the atmosphere, i remeber one game this season we didnt have the drum the atmosphere was s**t.

if you dontlike the drum then move !!!

:rant.sml:

It ruins any atmosphere that is created. We're slowly turning into a club with happy clappy plastic support like Donny and Blackpool, we shouldn't need a drum to create a decent atmosphere.

Why would you stop supporting your team when they need you the most?

whats everyone's f**king problem about the drum !!!! it adds to the atmosphere, i remeber one game this season we didnt have the drum the atmosphere was s**t.

if you dontlike the drum then move !!!

:rant.sml:

the drum rules don't know what people are complaining about.

The County supporting lads I know thought we were very impressive yesterday in the RRE, the only problem I'd have with the drum would be if I was sat near him, I just dont understand peoples criticism of someone trying to generate a positive atmosphere

Yeah I can't get my head around it at all. My only problem with the drum is when he tries different drum rhythms just because he can and his cronies join in. There were a couple of times this happened yesterday and it didn't take off at all but he persisted with them just because the drum gives him a bit of power over what we sing.

It ruins any atmosphere that is created. We're slowly turning into a club with happy clappy plastic support like Donny and Blackpool, we shouldn't need a drum to create a decent atmosphere.

How can the drum ruin any atmosphere that is created when it's the drum that creates the bloody atmosphere?!

Seriously, some people on this message board really get on my tits! :mad:

The drum starts off pretty much every single song we sing except oh when the blues...

And as for us turning into a happy clappy support...I'd much rather go to a game and enjoy a happy clappy atmosphere than sit there getting told to shut up by people like yourself and laughed at by the away crouds for our dire atmosphere, probably resulting in players playing sh*te because theyre playing for the least passionate supporters on the planet!!!

If you dont like the drum, f**k off to the main stand!!!!!!!

It'd be great if we didn't need the drum but I think we do....without him I think the atmosphere would be very poor.

Personally, I like the drum, but think he should use it a tad less and allow the crowd to try and create a bit of atmosphere from time to time.

Oh and back on topic - what happened to the famous CEWE or whatever they are called....lol

Edited by Yard Dog