• Deane Smalley
    • Mark Allott
    • Danny Whitaker
    • Chris Taylor
    • Lee Hughes
    • Dean Windass
    • Andy Liddell (87)
    • Craig Davies (90)

Allott for me any day - he was everywhere yesterday.

Windass, nah for me played a few good passes but was ambling through most of the game :shock:

Allott was good, but Windass was immense, set up all three goals, if Taylor had reacted to the chip into the area would have been all four.

Mark Allott was back to his best yesterday so I voted for him. I thought Hughesy was a thorn in their side all day and Windass had a decent game to, but he needs to be more of a goal threat IMO.

I would be delighted if he didn't score all season but had 3 assists every game.

I was torn between Smalley, Windass and Allott and picked Smalley in the end because I thought he ran his markers ragged and still kept two tied up right to the end of his game

Agreed Allott was immense with his workrate.

And Windass had an excellent game and will improve once we start passing to him from the chest downwards and stop lobbing high balls to him.

Overall a good team performance.

Couldn't understand the substitutions. I wanted to see Allessandra and Davies on for Hughes and Smalley.

And Windass had an excellent game and will improve once we start passing to him from the chest downwards and stop lobbing high balls to him.

Set up all three with high balls in, no doubting we should have made more of the on the ground option as you say, but he offers a distinct threat when we're in a position of having to lump it clear... a definate plus for us.

Couldn't understand the substitutions. I wanted to see Allessandra and Davies on for Hughes and Smalley.

haha... joke right?.... I mean, 6 minutes left with a two goal lead you put your old head on, that's a given to me. Twice Lids ran the ball into the corner and gave up a throw, but took up time where a youngster might have just lumped an aimless shot at the keeper for it to come right back.

No pleasing some people.

Set up all three with high balls in, no doubting we should have made more of the on the ground option as you say, but he offers a distinct threat when we're in a position of having to lump it clear... a definate plus for us.

haha... joke right?.... I mean, 6 minutes left with a two goal lead you put your old head on, that's a given to me. Twice Lids ran the ball into the corner and gave up a throw, but took up time where a youngster might have just lumped an aimless shot at the keeper for it to come right back.

No pleasing some people.

No joke intended, old boy. But shouldn't we be going for more goals instead of running the clock down? Using your argument, there was no need to to bring Davies on for Hughes.

And you are right, I wasn't pleased as I thought we took our foot off the pedal.

No joke intended, old boy. But shouldn't we be going for more goals instead of running the clock down? Using your argument, there was no need to to bring Davies on for Hughes.

And you are right, I wasn't pleased as I thought we took our foot off the pedal.

With, give or take, 5 minutes left in a game where the opposition only had one shot on goal I think making changes are for the simple reason of running down the clock.

Given that, it didn't really matter who came on - so if Davies would have been Allessandra it wouldn't have mattered. I just think Lids was the better option - despite that difference being all but meaningless... and therefore to say you're dissapointed with the decision seems somewhat strange.

You are of course entitled to your opinion - you're just wrong! :lol::wink:

With, give or take, 5 minutes left in a game where the opposition only had one shot on goal I think making changes are for the simple reason of running down the clock.

If the opposition only had one shot then they could hardly be considered an attacking threat. Sitting back and running down the clock is hardly going to pull back the goal differences between us and the Dons at the end of the season should it come down to that.

So don't worry, I'll straighten up your incorrect statements. :grin:

Anyway, change of subject, what about Golbourne's performance? Thought he looked very comfortable on the ball and had a good debut.

Edited by mikejh45

Anyway, change of subject, what about Golbourne's performance? Thought he looked very comfortable on the ball and had a good debut.

If he hadn'y cleared off the line when their forward rounded Fleming and shot, the whole course of the game could have been different, and it may have been all doom and gloom on here. Well done Scott, a very promising debut!

Making late subs doesn't actually run the clock down as refs add time on for goals, injuries and subs. If the player takes a long time to come off, at BP Smalley is the player furthest from the bench then we may gain a few seconds as it may time longer for the sub to be completed than the statutory time the ref adds on.

Making late subs doesn't actually run the clock down as refs add time on for goals, injuries and subs. If the player takes a long time to come off, at BP Smalley is the player furthest from the bench then we may gain a few seconds as it may time longer for the sub to be completed than the statutory time the ref adds on.

Aren’t they meant to do it as a standard 30 seconds per sub? In which case there is the opportunity to slow it down, and also why the ref does you for time-wasting if you dawdle too much. I think it’s more about disrupting the play though, it can be hard to get going again when the match is nearly up and you have to stop for a minute.