Two players to come in?

Guest sheridans_world

Good. Even if theyre crap, i like it when we sign people. ^_^

Thats what the brighton fans were saying overr the weekend! :lol:

Hmm... to many 'could's and 'Maybe's in that statement.... could it be another statement that bites the club on its arse? The clues indicate two loan signings, but we will see....

I'd love it to be Kilkenny & Gleeson.... Love it.... but it probably wont... and we probably wont have heard of whomever it is...

:shock: Bloody Hell, I'd at least prefer them to be better than what we've already got.

Nah - get excited till i see them play.

And when i see them play, i get annoyed if theyre rubbish.

I hailed john thompson as the clubs greatest signing in a long while........

but now i realise he is possibly the worst player i have ever seen in a latics shirt.

:lol:

Nah - get excited till i see them play.

And when i see them play, i get annoyed if theyre rubbish.

I hailed john thompson as the clubs greatest signing in a long while........

but now i realise he is possibly the worst player i have ever seen in a latics shirt.

:lol:

No way the worst -

What about that Ned Kwnago guy from Bolton.

Sheer class at being cr*p

Listening to Radio Leeds on the way over this morning and Grayson reckons there could be 3 or 4 in and out at Leeds today. I was waiting for more clues than that but they didn't come. There is a suggestion over here however that one of the incomers is McNulty from Stockport.

Please let him go to Leeds! He was the worst performer at BP all season!!!

hope they arent just loans

If you take the trouble to read the OS article you'll see that they are likely to be loans. And if they strengthen the squad that doesn't bother me ! Priority is getting up, and I'll take loans, transfers, job placements, whatever if the players do the job.

Latics hope to get Kilkenny

Stuart Brennan

February 02, 2009

LATICS are hoping to land Australian international Neil Kilkenny on loan to bolster their stop-start promotion push.

Manager John Sheridan is hoping that the Leeds midfielder, who has already had two successful loan spells at Oldham, is not snapped up by Brighton ahead of the transfer deadline.

Latics will today free up some of their wage bill by selling striker Craig Davies to Brighton for a deal believed to be worth £75,000, subject to a medical and the player agreeing terms.

And Sheridan, who turned his anger on a section of the Boundary Park fans after the disappointing draw with Swindon, is aiming to bring in two loan players next week.

Kilkenny is out of favour at Leeds, and is the subject of a bid by the Seagulls. If the Aussie plumps for a move to the south coast, Sheridan has a couple more irons in the fire.

The manager has no money to spend despite the sale of last season's top scorer Davies - who had a fall-out with the manager earlier in the season.

Angry and frustrated at the sound of boos ringing around the ground, and with his side sitting in a play-off position, Sheridan made the point that Oldham are one of the poorest clubs in League One.

He confronted some frustrated fans at the final whistle, and afterwards lambasted the negative attitude of some.

"We haven't been out of the top six all season, and have done that with a budget which is the fourth lowest in the division," said Sheridan.

"No-one knows that, and I'm sick of it. Some fans need to give the players a bit of credit.

"Booing like that is a disgrace. I was looking straight at people who were booing, and it's out of order.

"To boo when our players have put in that kind of effort is a disgrace."

Sheridan will brave the wrath of the fans again when Latics play host to Bristol Rovers tomorrow night.

And he will have no reinforcements, as any loan deals cannot be done until a week after the transfer window closes.