• Scott Golbourne
    • Deane Smalley
    • Mark Allott
    • Kevin Maher
    • Chris Taylor
    • Lee Hughes
    • Dean Windass
    • Lewis Alessandra (89)

Gregan for me, although i agree with what most people are saying as everybody played their part. Why can't we get up for it like that against the lesser teams, it is so frustrating. We have just shown to everybody what a good side we are but wait until Saturday, Latics 0-6 Northampton :wacko:

Hughseys work rate gets it for me though superb all round (apart from smalley)

What??? Smalley had a great game - - as did everyone.

Watching from the stands i said MoM was either Eardley or Gregan. Re-watching the game on my sky+ i was amazed at how much work Allott & Maher put in; backpass from Maher apart; they were the driving force behind our high tempo workrate; which ruffled the Leicester side big time.

In the end i've gone with my first thoughts at the game - Eardley - had a stunning game at the back & bombed on all night; 2 great deliveries into the box 2nd half too. Well don Neal (& all the lads!!)

Everyone stood up & was counted on sat. It was quality to be there & watch it all unfold. A happy 'Tic still now!!!!

My son and I both held our heads in our hands on seeing that back-pass, speculating on how many we'd lose by - surely not another Hereford result, please?!! We'd become prematurely optimistic that, for once, the 'Good Luck' genie was with with us and that the Leicester forwards would continue in the second half to screw up the meagre chances we let them have, provided the ref stabilised his decision making and let the game flow. In the end, the ref and lino closest to the away supporters were shocking with their decisions and especially inconsistent when it came to booking our lads, Fleming excepted. First half it had been difficult to single out one individual - Gregan was rock solid, Hazell was incredibly resilient against those tricky Leicester forwards, Taylor kept showin master-class movement forward taking out 2 Leicester players usually to keep him bottled up and all the lads were demonstrating the 'fight' that's been missing from recent games. Maher was (mostly!) reassuring and Allot was effective in a tight midfield, combining to turn defence into effective attack so perhaps the lads would sneak one before the end. Surprisingly, it seemed that we built just as many attacks 'post-Windass' as we had in the first half and any one of about 5 golden opportunities could have brought us the 3 points. Hughesey played out of his skin, chasing everything and worrying the Leicester defenders despite the absence of a striking partner. I'd tend to agree that all of the players deserve commendations, but, for me, Hazell took the M-O-M and both he and Taylor esp probably added a couple of hundred thousand to their values!

Watched the game back for the first time last night - seeing to make a judgement from my hazy memories of the game would have been very speculative, and I woul have said Windass instantly...

However, watching the game back although all were great, including the central midfielders - there was only one MOM for me. Neal Eardley. Absolutely superb. Distribution was first class, and defensively he was flawless. he was also one of the biggest leaders we had on the pitch. Always talking to Smalley and getting him in the right place... and also holding the defensive line. Superb.

Well done Neal.

Leicester goalkeeper David Martin won his first Man of the Match award of the season on Saturday, which is a mark of the pressure he was under from ten-men Latics.

Even Martin's dad Alvin told him he was eclipsed by Windass - the lad must be sick, as must the other League One keepers at seeing Windy in the Team of the week, when in truth Martin earned a point for Leicester.

Struggled to pick someone because they were all heroes. Went for Windass in the end because he stood up to claim the goalie' shirt. Was also considering Gregan because he grew stronger as the game progressed.

Don't often compliment Sheriden for his tactical acumen but he got the starting lineup and formation spot on. Another change I noticed he made was swapping Hazell for Gregan in the second half in marking Howard as the Leicester man was winning too many headers but also following the switch Gregan played Fryatt better than Hazell.

Is this the first MOTM poll where everyone has received at least one vote? Though I have to question who would have voted for Alessandra being MOM... :unsure:

Guest sheridans_world
Is this the first MOTM poll where everyone has received at least one vote? Though I have to question who would have voted for Alessandra being MOM... :unsure:

This season - Yes.

There have been two occasions where the starting eleven have received at least one vote each - Carlisle and MK Dons.

Carlisle - Starting 11 plus one sub - Alessandra - (Liddell and Whitaker did not get a vote)

MK Dons - Starting 11 plus two subs - Smalley and Maher - (O'Grady did not get a vote)

Something to think about though, there was only one sub on Saturday, in the two games highlighted above all three were used.