Goalkeeper?

trouble with that was leicster never really tested him did they...rookie keeper you should be peppering him with shots from everywhere..

if its only for one game,then why not josh bell,if the defence olayed like they did tonight there wont be a problem...

gonna cost us a midfielder on loan now,unless there is enough money for 2 loans

If not Bell, I expect a short term keeper would be a cheap option, we'll only need him for one home game. We might even get somebody for free if the parent club want him to play a game.....there are plenty of goalkeepers not playing football.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Therein lies the problem. Would anybody be prepared to come for what will surely be one game? But, on the other hand, we will have cover until Crossley is fit for action. Then again, that is money that could be used elsewhere, i.e. midfield. But, then again, midfield (Maher's pass excluded) played a blinder tonight and might not need strengthening depending on how much belief and confidence is carried over from tonight.

Controversial as it may seem, stick Josh Bell in or ask Windass to do it for one game, but, and it's a big but ( :grin: ) the defence has to play out of their skins to protect him. Much like they did tonight.

As for Leicester not testing Windass, they never got a sniff and that's down to the Latics, not them.

Sorry for rambling, the wine has flowed a bit too freely. :)

Therein lies the problem. Would anybody be prepared to come for what will surely be one game? But, on the other hand, we will have cover until Crossley is fit for action. Then again, that is money that could be used elsewhere, i.e. midfield. But, then again, midfield (Maher's pass excluded) played a blinder tonight and might not need strengthening depending on how much belief and confidence is carried over from tonight.

Controversial as it may seem, stick Josh Bell in or ask Windass to do it for one game, but, and it's a big but ( :grin: ) the defence has to play out of their skins to protect him. Much like they did tonight.

As for Leicester not testing Windass, they never got a sniff and that's down to the Latics, not them.

Sorry for rambling, the wine has flowed a bit too freely. :)

hence why i said if the defence play again like they did tonight there wouldnt be a problem...however i think its pushing it asking him to play a full game in goals,think tonight there was a great feeling of injustice and the siege mentality against the league leaders and a dodgy ref.

hence why i said if the defence play again like they did tonight there wouldnt be a problem...however i think its pushing it asking him to play a full game in goals,think tonight there was a great feeling of injustice and the siege mentality against the league leaders and a dodgy ref.

Yes, there was, I could feel it coming in waves from the T.V.

I thought the Latics fans were brilliant and made more noise and out sung that pathetic Leicester chant. Brought a tear to my eyes, or that may have been the wine. :grin:

Yes, there was, I could feel it coming in waves from the T.V.

I thought the Latics fans were brilliant and made more noise and out sung that pathetic Leicester chant. Brought a tear to my eyes, or that may have been the wine. :grin:

Probably assisted by the subtly place boom microphone right in front of them :wink:

A great effort though.

Cant believe we are talking about loanees.....It has to be JOSH BELL for 1 game, dont use our budget save it for a more required position...what does Josh do at the club, full time goalkeeper warmer upper on saturdays....USE HIM saturday

If Windass can go in for 45 mins then...get this...how about asking Josh Bell, our 3rd choice keeper, to do a job for 90 mins?

No one would think he's a keeper but he is. You may be surprised but they play with the same size goals in the youth team AND all the rules are the same. Crazy eh?

Another Shez masterstroke.

E4e

NUMTI

Cant believe we are talking about loanees.....It has to be JOSH BELL for 1 game, dont use our budget save it for a more required position...what does Josh do at the club, full time goalkeeper warmer upper on saturdays....USE HIM saturday

shez said on lw he doesn,t think bell is ready,he also said lomax is the one that would have gone in if he was playing

Because he is not good enough. Not a question of "giving him a chance", this is too important for that.

But then you have no guarantees that the guy being brought in is any good, your man we brought in from Wednesday last season being a good example.

If Fleming was injured thats another matter, but it's 90 mins, if the defence holds up like they did on Saturday he will have no problems.

Because he is not good enough. Not a question of "giving him a chance", this is too important for that.

He's not good enough for a chance? Ridiculous! But Windass is good enough for 45 mins?

An absolute joke. Shez said we've lasted 7 or 8 games with no keeper on the bench and he could see it coming where we'd get caught out. Why risk it? When do we ever need 5 outfield subs?!?

If our 3rd choice keeper isn't good enough for 90 mins of first team football then the world's gone mad.

E4e

BZERK

He's not good enough for a chance? Ridiculous! But Windass is good enough for 45 mins?

An absolute joke. Shez said we've lasted 7 or 8 games with no keeper on the bench and he could see it coming where we'd get caught out. Why risk it? When do we ever need 5 outfield subs?!?

If our 3rd choice keeper isn't good enough for 90 mins of first team football then the world's gone mad.

E4e

BZERK

If Bell was injured would you look to the next keeper down? Under 16's maybe?

Anyway, Windass isn't good enough for 45 minutes, and from what I've seen of Bell (last season I admit) neither is he. Shez agrees, so what is your problem?? He obviously isn't our 3rd choice keeper.....first team wise we only have 2 keepers. If Bell played and was well out of his depth, as Shez believes he would be, you would be the first on here lambasting him for not getting a loanee.

I do agree that, good enough or not, he might as well have been on the bench as he is hopefully better than Deano! :lol: I think it was you who made the point that Kieron Lee was never going to get on before Liddell and Whittaker which is fair comment.

If Bell was injured would you look to the next keeper down? Under 16's maybe?

Anyway, Windass isn't good enough for 45 minutes, and from what I've seen of Bell (last season I admit) neither is he. Shez agrees, so what is your problem?? He obviously isn't our 3rd choice keeper.....first team wise we only have 2 keepers. If Bell played and was well out of his depth, as Shez believes he would be, you would be the first on here lambasting him for not getting a loanee.

I do agree that, good enough or not, he might as well have been on the bench as he is hopefully better than Deano! :lol: I think it was you who made the point that Kieron Lee was never going to get on before Liddell and Whittaker which is fair comment.

I just pray we don't end up with Richard O Donnell again.