Took ALOT of stick recently, but for me today he was really good and put in a most decent shift! Thought it was time to give him some credit, as, like i said hes got alot of stick recently.

agreed - thought he played well - even if his only option out of defence was hoof !

Yes, he does, he hardly ever puts a foot wrong defensively but gets criticised for what he got cheered for tonight and hoofing the ball up field, he's always offering support on the wing. But because we had a defensive mindset today he got cheered rather than booed.

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it, mine differs.

Yes, he does, he hardly ever puts a foot wrong defensively but gets criticised for what he got cheered for tonight and hoofing the ball up field, he's always offering support on the wing. But because we had a defensive mindset today he got cheered rather than booed.

No he doesn't. Quite simply, if had played like that every game this season, he wouldn't have gotten the stick he has thus far. He seemed to read the game quite well and was a couple of seconds ahead last night, instead of behind as he has been for most of the previous games.

I'm with Kelly's on this one.

Eardley was superb last night. Like others have said though he needs to keep that up because he has been dire for quite a few games. I really hope he moves on now and maintains that level of performance.

Agree that he was superb yesterday - also agree that he (along with the rest of the team) did get away with launching the ball more than we would like - circumstances dictated that we needed to clear our lines - but overall the team looked so balanced and worked their proverbials off :wink:

Well done the manager, maybe the Eardley/Taylor link is the best combination.

Could be interesting. Eards/Taylor on the right, Golbourne and DJ on the left?

It could be a nice problem to have fitting Smalley into that, but I was impressed with his attitude on Saturday - looked a lot better than of late.

Could be interesting. Eards/Taylor on the right, Golbourne and DJ on the left?

It could be a nice problem to have fitting Smalley into that, but I was impressed with his attitude on Saturday - looked a lot better than of late.

By the time Jones is fit Golbournes loan will have expired, and dont see it being renewed really.

By the time Jones is fit Golbournes loan will have expired, and dont see it being renewed really.

Aye you might be right but I think Golbourne has been getting better and better during his loan and I think an extension of that may bizarrely give us real attacking options. That said, I have no idea where we are up to on our loan allowance, and of course there are other more pressing loan requirements at present.