Steve Howard

Has anybody noticed the reaction of Howard when Fleming was shown the red card on Saturday?

Punching the air in celebration - what an arrogant bar steward, Karma that Fryatt missed and we held on for a point. I find it hard some times to accept when players celebrate winning a penalty but to celebrate like that when a fellow professional is sent off is an absolute disgrace and he has gone down big time in my estimation - not that he was ever very high in them I must admit!!

:censored:

Has anybody noticed the reaction of Howard when Fleming was shown the red card on Saturday?

Punching the air in celebration - what an arrogant bar steward, Karma that Fryatt missed and we held on for a point. I find it hard some times to accept when players celebrate winning a penalty but to celebrate like that when a fellow professional is sent off is an absolute disgrace and he has gone down big time in my estimation - not that he was ever very high in them I must admit!!

Yeah i noticed it. To be honest it annoys me when any player celebrates that they have been awarded a penalty.

Regarding the sending off, I wouldnt say they view it as a "fellow professional sent off", and would be surprised if any player saw it like that unless it was dubious, which in this case it wasn't. its the same when you see players applauding a referees decision when a man is sent off. In their eyes naturally, its an opportunity to win the match with the extra man.

I couldn't fault him for that, as i'm sure any of ours would have rightfully shown the same reaction. if their keeper had just been sent off...nowt wrong with that imo.

The bit that peed me off about the big gormless fairy, was the challenge in the box, not long after taylors booking for diving - when he threw his over-bulked frame to the ground, fairy style, looking for another penalty of the bar man in black.

He was at it all game at BP as well, on his ass more than our current economic climate

I'd take his celebration as a compliment. To think that they were so happy to see us lose a man and gain a penalty must of been a huge relief as they saw us as a tough team to break down. It's never nice to see as it's not sportsman like but you can see why he was happy as it was a chance to go 1-0 up - which they blew.

We were the obvious underdogs yesterday, in everybody's eyes and none more so than the "big club" orientated garbage spouters that barfed on about Leicester in the pre-match program. I thought the commentators were much more realistic and commented frequently about our players and generally were in love with Steve Howard, who I saw as a moaning whinger.

You heard it here, first! :grin:

I saw it and it pished me off too. Also, when Fryatt was moaning at the ref when our legend Deano was deliberately taking his time getting ready for the pen. Psyched him out no end - and then when I heard what Deano said to him - loved it!

I saw it and it pished me off too. Also, when Fryatt was moaning at the ref when our legend Deano was deliberately taking his time getting ready for the pen. Psyched him out no end - and then when I heard what Deano said to him - loved it!

What did he say?

stuipd thread - we / our players would do the same ...... next please

What did he say?

Apparently Fryatt was telling Deano to hurry up getting Fleming's shirt and gloves on. Deano told him there was no point he was going to miss anyway... ...and the rest is history! :grin:

Deano's Blog:

http://www.itv.com/Sport/Football/DeanWind...b9/default.html

Edited by martjs

Yeah i noticed it. To be honest it annoys me when any player celebrates that they have been awarded a penalty.

Regarding the sending off, I wouldnt say they view it as a "fellow professional sent off", and would be surprised if any player saw it like that unless it was dubious, which in this case it wasn't. its the same when you see players applauding a referees decision when a man is sent off. In their eyes naturally, its an opportunity to win the match with the extra man.

only oldham can celebrate, LIDS :grin:

i have always said that he will miss his 1st pen for us in the final :shock::unsure::disappointed:

only oldham can celebrate, LIDS :grin:

i have always said that he will miss his 1st pen for us in the final :shock::unsure::disappointed:

He wont be bloody playing in the final, Smalley all the way now.... well, that is unless it is heading for penalties and Lidds will be on for smalley in the 119th minute....

As for the Howard stuff.... nah, anyone would have done it in the same situation.... mean man, naugthy big mean man :disappointed:

He wont be bloody playing in the final, Smalley all the way now.... well, that is unless it is heading for penalties and Lidds will be on for smalley in the 119th minute....

As for the Howard stuff.... nah, anyone would have done it in the same situation.... mean man, naugthy big mean man :disappointed:

Well who is going to point us to the direction league one play off trophy? :grin:

Edited by razza699

What about his reaction towards the lino when he was caught offside even though he was about 4 yard off the nob should of been booked for decent.

I know, I thought that as well Len, thorwing his arms about in a big girly hissy fit! I thought the arms aloft thing was a bit uncalled for as well.

The big girly turd!

Celebrating a penalty award is ok in my book - in the majority of cases a penalty is given because a goalscoring opportunity has been unfairly denied. Also if a sending off is warranted due to the letter of the law then I'm sure that most players would welcome the official's decision.

I do agree with your comments on the sending off - What was apparent with Steve Howard's celebration was that he genuinely believed the sending off would give his team the advantage - Leicester would go on to beat 10 men - and he was more than happy to applaud the decision. Maybe he was merely celebrating the correct application of the law...

So it made it all the sweeter when Leicester failed to win and, given the chances we had late on, could have lost.

I'd have loved it ...etc

:grin:

This trend of applauding the ref was started by Batistuta when Beckham was sent off against Argentina in 1998 - he didn't so much applaud as nod piously in agreement IIRC. All infiltrations of Argentian behaviour should be resisted. Howard is merely the latest w~~~~~ to join in.

I remember Michel Platini applauding the refs rediculous decision to award a penalty in the 1985 Liverpool vs Juve European Cup Final. It didn't go down well on the terraces as I recall.

I remember Michel Platini applauding the refs rediculous decision to award a penalty in the 1985 Liverpool vs Juve European Cup Final. It didn't go down well on the terraces as I recall.

Aha! The perfidious French. I might have known. God knows the Argies are a lot of things, but crediting them with invention was indeed silly.