Pink Mention!

No mention yet of our charity kit gesture on any national websites (at least the ones i checked, BBC sport and Sky sports)

Anyone else had any luck?

It's not on Newsnow but it was on the front page of the MEN (paper) this morning and is on their website.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I have been told that i will also be wearing the pink kit for this game. That should make the usual abuse i get even more interesting off the away fans. Not only will i get abused off 4500 dirty leeds fans but it will be witnessed by a few million on TV. Fan-bloody-tastic. <_<

Im really looking forward to the game really though. ^_^

Club captain Sean Gregan, a former Leeds player, said: "It's quite a bright pink instead of a baby pink, so it's actually quite nice. Maybe we'll get some stick from the Leeds fans, but that will just spur us on even more. If Leeds think we're a soft touch then they'll soon find out come kick-off time."
He's gonna 'overcompensate' and get sent off in the first 10 minutes isn't he?

Thanks Diego.

Le translation of this by Yahoo Babel fish c'est une hoot!

I particularly like the "pink behaviour against Leeds" and I never new Mr Hardy could speak French.

"When one lives in l' shade of Manchester United and Manchester City, one needs more qu' a victory to do the One of the newspapers. Oldham thus decided to carry a completely pink behaviour against Leeds, on March 2. Small club of the suburbs of Manchester, Oldham Athletic (D3) takes l' initiative against cancer. Latics decided to dispute their match of championship against Leeds, on March 2, in a completely pink behaviour. The players will carry bottoms, shorts and shirts pink to support l' unit which treats breast cancers with l' royal hospital d' Oldham. Leaders and l' hospital hopes to collect more than 250.000 euros. Carbrini, l' equipment supplier d' Oldham, produced completely pink behaviours and pink tee-shirts for the supporters. Last July, l' equip with Rugby d' Oldham had already supported l' hospital by changing its red behaviour for an entirely pink behaviour. " The purpose of this initiative is d' to help a fantastic cause and we are happy to be able to help. We encourage all the fans to support l' operation [...] and to give to the communauté" , indicated Alan Hardy, executive director of the club. The match between the two teams is a derby, the players are thus ready to undergo some gibes on behalf of the opposing public. But Latics will be justified like never like l' the captain of l' indicated; equip. " C' is a cause important and all the players are glad to support it. The kit is better than than j' imagined when one m' in spoke. If one is made confine by the fans of Leeds, that will motivate us still more. If the players also believe that l' one will play carefully, they s' will see opposite as of the blow d' envoi" , indeed Sean Gregan, 34 years declared. Traditionally in blue, the supporters d' Oldham now prepare to encourage their team of heart d' a " Like one you Pinks" , which will make date in l' history of the English championship…"

Thanks Diego.

I particularly like the "pink behaviour against Leeds" and I never new Mr Hardy could speak French.

"When one lives in l' shade of Manchester United and Manchester City, one needs more qu' a victory to do the One of the newspapers. Oldham thus decided to carry a completely pink behaviour against Leeds, on March 2. Small club of the suburbs of Manchester, Oldham Athletic (D3) takes l' initiative against cancer. Latics decided to dispute their match of championship against Leeds, on March 2, in a completely pink behaviour. The players will carry bottoms, shorts and shirts pink to support l' unit which treats breast cancers with l' royal hospital d' Oldham. Leaders and l' hospital hopes to collect more than 250.000 euros. Carbrini, l' equipment supplier d' Oldham, produced completely pink behaviours and pink tee-shirts for the supporters. Last July, l' equip with Rugby d' Oldham had already supported l' hospital by changing its red behaviour for a

Thanks Diego.

"When one lives in l' shade of Manchester United and Manchester City, one needs more qu' a victory to do the One of the newspapers. Oldham thus decided to carry a completely pink behaviour against Leeds, on March 2. Small club of the suburbs of Manchester, Oldham Athletic (D3) takes l' initiative against cancer. Latics decided to dispute their match of championship against Leeds, on March 2, in a completely pink behaviour. The players will carry bottoms, shorts and shirts pink to support l' unit which treats breast cancers with l' royal hospital d' Oldham. Leaders and l' hospital hopes to collect more than 250.000 euros. Carbrini, l' equipment supplier d' Oldham, produced completely pink behaviours and pink tee-shirts for the supporters. Last July, l' equip with Rugby d' Oldham had already supported l' hospital by changing its red behaviour for an entirely pink behaviour. " The purpose of this initiative is d' to help a fantastic cause and we are happy to be able to help. We encourage all the fans to support l' operation [...] and to give to the communauté" , indicated Alan Hardy, executive director of the club. The match between the two teams is a derby, the players are thus ready to undergo some gibes on behalf of the opposing public. But Latics will be justified like never like l' the captain of l' indicated; equip. " C' is a cause important and all the players are glad to support it. The kit is better than than j' imagined when one m' in spoke. If one is made confine by the fans of Leeds, that will motivate us still more. If the players also believe that l' one will play carefully, they s' will see opposite as of the blow d' envoi" , indeed Sean Gregan, 34 years declared. Traditionally in blue, the supporters d' Oldham now prepare to encourage their team of heart d' a " Like one you Pinks" , which will make date in l' history of the English championship…"

'Small club of the suburbs of Manchester'? - ah those french, they have a way with words.. and as for the 'players will carry bottoms' - the mind boggles :lol:

Im going to be a laughing stock in the pub watching this. I can just imagine all the glory suppporters laughing at me and my brother now.

If they are really sad enough to laugh at us raising money for a breast cancer charity, then they are the laughing stock. I'm sure most people know someone who has been affected by it!

Anyone fancy trying to translate this?

English football, it could well go into Serie A, where the Danish national team spinnaker Simon Kjaer and his team mate results appear in color. But is it in England?

Fans of Leeds United have witnessed a sea of atrocities. The proud tradition club has won the English championship three times, most recently in 1992, but in recent years has been steadily going down the hill.

Leeds is now only the second best series.

Now, there are long-suffering fans have a shock if they choose to take to the Youth Prize at Oldham Athletic.

Here the home team is going to stand in Palermo pink.

- We may get a word in the way of Leeds' fans, but it will only help to put us up. If Leeds estimate that we are a bunch of vulnerable men, they get a surprise when the judge whistles up-threatening Oldham captain Sean Gregan.

Bendtner-hiding

Nicklas Bendtner also venture to wear pink. Although it was only the boots that bore the not so masculine color choice was not popular everywhere.

At that time, the attacker called a sissy unserious, but Oldham new suits will presumably a somewhat milder medfart.

The colorful jerseys will be sold at auction where the proceeds will go to the local hospital.

The project is Oldham-captain proud to be involved with.

- We hope to raise as much money as possible. And to be honest, sweater is not as bad as I had expected. But I need some more shorts than the ones they have given me today, "says Sean Gregan for the club's website.

Profound words there, from Mr Gregan.