Poll: Season Ticket Prices 2009/2010

Lookers_Carl

Season ticket prices 2009/2010  

127 members have voted

1. 1. What is the maximum you be willing to pay for a season ticket if the club are still in League 1

• Below £300
    • £300 - £320
    • £321 - £340
    • £341 - £360
    • £361 - £380
    • £381 - £400
    • More than £400
  2. 2. What is the maximum you would be willing to pay for a season ticket if the club got promoted to The Championship

• Below £380
    • £381 - £400
    • £401 - £420
    • £421 - £440
    • £441 - £460
    • £461 - £480
    • £481 - £500
    • More than £500

Think OAFC4EVA touched on a very interesting point regarding the budget next season and how to compensate for a possible shortfall, and whether such a shortfall would be made up through increased ticket prices, reduction of the playing budget or both.

However, this poll isn't just a mere replication, rather focused entirely on season ticket prices, and the maximum you would be willing to pay (financial circumstances taken into account) depending on what division we are in.

Ive kicked off at £361 - 380 for League 1

£461 - 480 for Championship

I think the club need to remember that it isn't just them who have hit hard times. I struggle to afford my season ticket as it is, and I doubt I could justify paying much more than this seasons prices. If they put the cost up, chances are I won't be renewing and I'll just pick games to go to.

I chose up to £340 if in league 1 and less than £380 for Championship. Tight, I know!

I think the club need to remember that it isn't just them who have hit hard times. I struggle to afford my season ticket as it is, and I doubt I could justify paying much more than this seasons prices. If they put the cost up, chances are I won't be renewing and I'll just pick games to go to.

I chose up to £340 if in league 1 and less than £380 for Championship. Tight, I know!

peoples wages need to be taken into consideration,and the cost of living which keeps rising yet the level of wages rising is limited or stay the same.

realistically if we dont go up and stay in this division,you put season ticket prices up and you lose supporters,people are not willing to pay top whack for third division football.

same as if we go up,you can't realistically raise them substantially for getting promoted,otherwise again people wont renew.the thing with going up,most of the squad is capable of playing at that level,and the first thing that should be done is to stay in that division for a couple or 4 seasons,to establish a foothold.then push on again.

but if people are suggesting paying over £450 for the championship..well..take a look around,and you will see that premier greed clubs are not charging that much for top football.

peoples wages need to be taken into consideration,and the cost of living which keeps rising yet the level of wages rising is limited or stay the same.

realistically if we dont go up and stay in this division,you put season ticket prices up and you lose supporters,people are not willing to pay top whack for third division football.

same as if we go up,you can't realistically raise them substantially for getting promoted,otherwise again people wont renew.the thing with going up,most of the squad is capable of playing at that level,and the first thing that should be done is to stay in that division for a couple or 4 seasons,to establish a foothold.then push on again.

but if people are suggesting paying over £450 for the championship..well..take a look around,and you will see that premier greed clubs are not charging that much for top football.

But premier greed clubs are getting 20 mill from sky. Championship clubs get roughly 2.2 mill. Premier greed clubs can afford to use that money to subsidise ticket prices

But premier greed clubs are getting 20 mill from sky. Championship clubs get roughly 2.2 mill. Premier greed clubs can afford to use that money to subsidise ticket prices

im not saying saying they cant or dont,merely pointing out that a lot of clubs are reducing there season ticket prices,because they recognise people cant afford them.

if you was a floating fan what would you pick...top class football for £375 or championship local team for over £400????

thats how simplistic it really is im affraid.

I think though at the end of the day, regardless of the season ticket prices, if we went up we would struggle like hell in the league!!!!!!

what exactly are you basing your assumptions on???

im not saying every player at the club isnt good enough,but most of the team are,and i think its a bit more refined than leagues 1 and 2 where basically players get thumped week in week out,if you play with a bit of pace and style...

think in the championship you get a little more time...but i think with one or 2 additions,we could and probably would hold our own.

I'd say if we weren't to go up this season then prices must stay the same or go down a little. You can't justify putting prices up at all when the economy is like it is. Think the ticketing system will need to be freshened up a bit to prevent things getting even more stagnant.

If we went up then the prices should either stay the same or go up slightly. The Championship will be much tougher to compete in obviously but the club shouldn't be overambitious and wreckless in the persuit of staying there. Spend what we can afford to and if that means selling one of our better players to bring in a few players of Championship quality then so be it.

ive said every year the best way to do it is on a sliding scale e.g

You apply for your ticket in the usual way.

they start at £400

if they sell a 1000, its reduced by £20

2000 by £40

3000 by £60

etc etc, these prices are only examples,they would have to be worked out specifically, the lower they go the more peoples budgets you reach, to me this is the fairest way, we all have a different budget, this way it may reach most peoples.

Nobody pays until the price is set at the lowest price.

This way we all win, they cannot risk doing em @ £100, they still wont sell 8000 in this league.

im not saying every player at the club isnt good enough,but most of the team are,and i think its a bit more refined than leagues 1 and 2 where basically players get thumped week in week out,if you play with a bit of pace and style...

think in the championship you get a little more time...but i think with one or 2 additions,we could and probably would hold our own.

Never said I thought we would go down

Said I thought we would struggle. I agree, with a few decent additions think we would stay up, but still think for the best part of the season we would be looking over our shoulders

I think though at the end of the day, regardless of the season ticket prices, if we went up we would struggle like hell in the league!!!!!!

You could be right.

But that said, I don't think the quality of the players is poor.

The quality of consistent endeavour on the pitch has been the problem for chunks of this season. If they don't crack this problem they won't be going up, let alone staying up.

Typical first team:

Fleming - good enough

Eardley - should be good enough, but needs to start developing again

Lomax - not good enough. Sorry Kelvin.

Hazell - good enough

Gregan - good enough

Talyor - good enough

Maher - good enough

Allott - good enough

Smalley - probably good enough

(still not sure we have the midfield balance right despite this)

Hughes - good enough

Windass - good enough

Not saying this side would be fighting for a place in the Premiership.

Concerned about the age of Gregan, Hughes and Windass.

Concerned about quality in depth.

they start at £400

2000 by £40

3000 by £60

etc etc, these prices are only examples,they would have to be worked out specifically, the lower they go the more peoples budgets you reach, to me this is the fairest way, we all have a different budget, this way it may reach most peoples.

This way we all win, they cannot risk doing em @ £100, they still wont sell 8000 in this league.

Eer no we don't all win so people who buy first and commit to the club straight away end up paying more for it and effectively subsidising the tickets of people who are undecided what about the poor sod who buys the 999th or 1999th or 2999th etc plus you will get people holding back on back on buying tickets until the price goes down which will inevitably effect ST numbers. Its a nice idea in theory but in practice it wouldn't work.

Eer no we don't all win so people who buy first and commit to the club straight away end up paying more for it and effectively subsidising the tickets of people who are undecided what about the poor sod who buys the 999th or 1999th or 2999th etc plus you will get people holding back on back on buying tickets until the price goes down which will inevitably effect ST numbers. Its a nice idea in theory but in practice it wouldn't work.

In all fairness to the idea it worked for Port Vale, I think they had to sell 5000 or something to get the tickets vastly reduced and they hit target, 5000 seems alot actually could've been less :unsure:

if you was a floating fan what would you pick...top class football for £375 or championship local team for over £400????

thats how simplistic it really is im affraid.

Point taken, however how many 'floating fans' buy season tickets? :unsure:

:whoosh:

I think it's an excellent idea, but the discount would have to bigger and at a higher number of tickets sold. I don't think the odd 20 quid (5%) would make much difference. Something like £350 cut to £250 if 6k/7k were sold would maybe be better.

Have lost my job (finish April 7th so may just be able scrape enough together for the play offs should we qualify for them), so under a tenner would be great. Anything more and I'm afraid I won't be able to afford one until I find something new and working in manufacturing means that there is very little on the horizon at the moment.

Derek.

Id have to disagree with that...if we go up there will have to be a lot of new faces, Burnley outclassed us earlier on in the season.

In all fairness to the idea it worked for Port Vale, I think they had to sell 5000 or something to get the tickets vastly reduced and they hit target, 5000 seems alot actually could've been less :unsure:

Ah right just read that again miss read it first time so misunderstood it . Its actually not a bad idea

According to Reberto Martinez, there is more football played in our league than the one above. I actually agree with him. I think there are a lot of teams in the league who try to keep the ball on the deck and play the right way. Whereas, when I have watched the Championship on TV, there seems to be a lot of teams who play very direct and physical football.

In the current economic climate and given the fact the financial world is steadily getting worse due to incompetent and greedy bankers, the whole of the football world needs to take a huge reality check.

Some Premier greed clubs have already realised this and over the last few seasons they have taken stock and decided to check or reduce their ticket prices to appease their supporters and avoid vast banks of empty seats in their grounds.

At Latics the owners need to factor this in and either freeze or reduce the ticket prices - Might even be worth them looking at the response of this poll for a general feeling of the fans. Surely though, it would be better if the ground had more supporters in it if the cost was between say £10 and £15 a match rather than the £18/£20 it is these days!

they start at £400

2000 by £40

3000 by £60

I've had an idea for a while which is similar to this, but applied in a different way...how about...

You buy a ST for £400 but you get a guarantee that for the following seasons ST, you get a discount of £20 per home (equivalent to the matchday price...obviously if your a kid you get a lesser discount per game etc.) league game lost in the season previous. This season we've lost 1 home game...so my ticket next season at present would be £380. Worst case scenario, I could see us losing 10 games at home in a relegation season and thus my ticket would be £200 the following season.

People bemoan how "we shouldn't be paying for that :censored:" when we lose a game. Well, this would be a way of keeping the ST holder loyal the next season. It's a gamble...maybe the ST price might need to start at £450 and come down in £20's....dunno...maybe I've not thought it through enough...what do people think?

Edited by boundaryblue80

I've had an idea for a while which is similar to this, but applied in a different way...how about...

You buy a ST for £400 but you get a guarantee that for the following seasons ST, you get a discount of £20 per home (equivalent to the matchday price...obviously if your a kid you get a lesser discount per game etc.) league game lost in the season previous. This season we've lost 1 home game...so my ticket next season at present would be £380. Worst case scenario, I could see us losing 10 games at home in a relegation season and thus my ticket would be £200 the following season.

People bemoan how "we shouldn't be paying for that :censored:" when we lose a game. Well, this would be a way of keeping the ST holder loyal the next season. It's a gamble...maybe the ST price might need to start at £450 and come down in £20's....dunno...maybe I've not thought it through enough...what do people think?

Haha I dont think they would ever do it BB80 but i like it :lol:

It be great if you could link the season ticket money to the players wages somehow, certainly give them extra incentive to win all the home games if their wages were going to be slashed if they lost!