Windass

Are we happy to have Windass or is he a luxury we could do without?

Not enough quality in the final third today, 3 shots in 90 Minutes with only 1 on target is really not good enough for a team looking for promotion.

I don't think Windass has finished a game yet...Would it not be better to start him on the bench and bring him on fresh in the second half.

From what I've seen so far.....IF we are promoted, he won't be fit enough for the Championship and I'd be a little reluctant to give him a contract if we don't!!!!

Opinions anybody!!

Not enough quality in the final third today, 3 shots in 90 Minutes with only 1 on target is really not good enough for a team looking for promotion.

I don't think Windass has finished a game yet...Would it not be better to start him on the bench and bring him on fresh in the second half.

From what I've seen so far.....IF we are promoted, he won't be fit enough for the Championship and I'd be a little reluctant to give him a contract if we don't!!!!

Opinions anybody!!

We have had this debate before. Why keep regurgitating?

Seen some genius from him ... but I do think Shez had a winning partnership with Alessandra and Hughes.

Been fun having him. Share the doubts.

A few Oldham fans singing "you fat basta#d and cheering his substitution were a bit OTT today

Edited by NIKI1234

Oh I dont know...he got you a clean sheet at Leicester... :lol:

Not bad.....but at the suspected wages....could do better. No doubt he will sharpen up with games under his belt. Might be useful as the season gets to the business end. Experience could count for a lot

Since the start of the season Allessandra and Hughes would be my strikers and since Windass arrived Ive not changed my mind.However he must of got some sort of guarantee of 1st team football to come here otherwise why bother?

Since the start of the season Allessandra and Hughes would be my strikers and since Windass arrived Ive not changed my mind.However he must of got some sort of guarantee of 1st team football to come here otherwise why bother?

lewis has probably got the same amount of assists (if not less) and 1,2,3more goals than windy....cant remeber which game?

i like lewis alot and he came through our ranks but what has he done that is so amazing that everyone wants him in the first team?

oh and play off final, last minute lewis or windy is clean through minute to go...scores we are promoted misses and we are still in this :censored: division

who would you choose?????????????????

poll??????????????????

lewis has probably got the same amount of assists (if not less) and 1,2,3more goals than windy....cant remeber which game?

The goals were Scunthorpe at home - hat-trick, and Millwall.

Assists wise I'd say when he was in the side he had a hand in around half the goals scored (there is a stretch there, in that I include things like Taylor's second goal at Leeds where he took the covering defender out of the line of the ball - so never touched it, but made the scorer's job easier).

i like lewis alot and he came through our ranks but what has he done that is so amazing that everyone wants him in the first team?

Very intelligent player. Holds up the ball superbly. Links brilliantly with the midfield. Creates chances. Hughes works so well off him.

oh and play off final, last minute lewis or windy is clean through minute to go...scores we are promoted misses and we are still in this :censored: division

who would you choose?????????????????

Windass. Although it depends how close the defenders are and how far he has to run to get to the goal! Edited by opinions4u

The goals were Scunthorpe at home - hat-trick, and Millwall.

Assists wise I'd say when he was in the side he had a hand in around half the goals scored (there is a stretch there, in that I include things like Taylor's second goal at Leeds where he took the covering defender out of the line of the ball - so never touched it, but made the scorer's job easier).

Very intelligent player. Holds up the ball superbly. Links brilliantly with the midfield. Creates chances. Hughes works so well off him.

Windass. Although it depends how close the defenders are and how far he has to run to get to the goal!

allessandra was taken out of the team as he wasnt scoring enough...yes he scored against millwall and a hattrick against scunny....but thats it.....if any other striker had that record they would be getting stick left right and centre.

hughes has stopped scoring again,whilst we still have players capable of sticking the ball in to him and supplying him the ammunition...last few games he seems to want to score from outside the box....has had a lot of time to bring it down and forward a bit,yet lets loose from a tight angle from 20 yards.

lewis fluffed it at leicster,comming on and should have done a lot better than he did,but he is young and still learning.

windass will always look to play a decent pass and lay off to our players,will hold the ball up and his thinking is twice as fast as most of the squad,yet gets panned for not scoring every game,even though he is playing virtually from midfield...

if shez thinks lewis is capable of doing the buisness then why wasnt he on the bench yesterday...took windass off after 68 mins,surely a like for like sub should have been made,and let him run at there defence for 20 odd mins,but not even picked.

A few Oldham fans singing "you fat basta#d and cheering his substitution were a bit OTT today

Although as you say a little off... He was beyond abysmal yesterday... Shez made a massive mistake not having lewi on the bench.

For me, windass was the worst player on the pitch yesterday. Made their defence look good...

Opinions anybody!!

how could you say he wouldnt be fit enough? if you knew much about dean windass you would know that his fitness is generally very good and the reason it isnt right now is that he has only played a number of games for latics. also how can you have a luxury you could do without?

lewis fluffed it at leicster,comming on and should have done a lot better than he did,but he is young and still learning.

He did. Hughes also missed a similar opportunity earlier on.

windass will always look to play a decent pass and lay off to our players,will hold the ball up and his thinking is twice as fast as most of the squad,yet gets panned for not scoring every game,even though he is playing virtually from midfield...

Windass is a better player than Alessandra. But the question for me is what team selections work best for the team, not who's the best player in the team.

if shez thinks lewis is capable of doing the buisness then why wasnt he on the bench yesterday.

Shez has, on occasion, been known to make some strange team selections.

I don't know whether LA was injured or left out. But you'd expect there to be at least one striker in your 5 substitutes.

Look at the games Alessandra started this season and those he didn't start and work out the points per game.

Not conclusive proof of his value, but worth considering.

how could you say he wouldnt be fit enough? if you knew much about dean windass you would know that his fitness is generally very good and the reason it isnt right now is that he has only played a number of games for latics. also how can you have a luxury you could do without?

He's played 8 games on the trot and he will be as fit now as he is ever going to be...Yes,his fitness is very good, but for a forty year old.

He's been hauled off nearly every game and that is down to tiredness nothing else....He's a very good player but his age is letting him down and there's no way he will be effective in the championship.

A luxury we could do without....meaning perhaps the money would be best spent elswhere!

He's played 8 games on the trot and he will be as fit now as he is ever going to be...Yes,his fitness is very good, but for a forty year old.

He's been hauled off nearly every game and that is down to tiredness nothing else....He's a very good player but his age is letting him down and there's no way he will be effective in the championship.

A luxury we could do without....meaning perhaps the money would be best spent elswhere!

i agree that money could be spent well in the centre of midfield but dean windass was very effective in the championship last season and i very much doubt that his ability to be effective has changed much since then. imo he is one of the most effective players for latics. if you read his autobiography you will understand what i mean about his fitness

Opinions anybody!!

He's fat.

Opinions anybody!!

IMO shouldnt be in the team and WTF will sheridan be playing at if he opts to play him on Tues considering he's due in London on the Setanta soccer show after the Hull v Spurs game!

OAFC1955 - He finished the game v Leicester, albeit in goal, but did earn us a valuable point in the process.

As for people slagging him off, it amazes me how fickle our fan base really is...a few weeks ago everyone on here jumped to Eardley's defence despite the fact he had a mare of a game and when (quite rightly) he was moaned at by some fans in the Chaddy End he chose to turn round to F*ck Off on 3,4 or 5 times just because he couldn't cope with the stick he was getting - Yet its amazing that Shez doesn't feel confident in using him as a full back (or in the team) when other players are at his disposal!

Yet Windass, who has been the scourge of Latics in the past with his performances for Bradford and has done it for a number of other clubs, is slated for the fact he doesn't run around like a lunatic on the pitch....Windass' game has NEVER been based on him being an athlete, just being in the right place at the right time and why people suddenly expect him to be explosive at the age of 39 is bewildering!

Chanting and cheering as he is subbed is worse than the stick Eardley got, IMO! Amazing how Keep The Faith, Support The Team and Get Behind The Lads is selective and personal depending on the individual player!

As Jimmy Greaves used to say, its a funny old game!

OAFC1955 - He finished the game v Leicester, albeit in goal, but did earn us a valuable point in the process.

As for people slagging him off, it amazes me how fickle our fan base really is...a few weeks ago everyone on here jumped to Eardley's defence despite the fact he had a mare of a game and when (quite rightly) he was moaned at by some fans in the Chaddy End he chose to turn round to F*ck Off on 3,4 or 5 times just because he couldn't cope with the stick he was getting - Yet its amazing that Shez doesn't feel confident in using him as a full back (or in the team) when other players are at his disposal!

Yet Windass, who has been the scourge of Latics in the past with his performances for Bradford and has done it for a number of other clubs, is slated for the fact he doesn't run around like a lunatic on the pitch....Windass' game has NEVER been based on him being an athlete, just being in the right place at the right time and why people suddenly expect him to be explosive at the age of 39 is bewildering!

Chanting and cheering as he is subbed is worse than the stick Eardley got, IMO! Amazing how Keep The Faith, Support The Team and Get Behind The Lads is selective and personal depending on the individual player!

As Jimmy Greaves used to say, its a funny old game!

I'm NOT slagging him off, and I'm NOT asking him to run around like a teenager...I'm just asking a simple question...Is he still fit enough for this level?

I personally don't think that he is...and it's only an opinion!!!

Perhaps it might be better for him to come on fresh from the bench for the final 20 mins or so where he would be more of a danger.

Is he still fit enough. Would back him against 99% of those that post on here, he trains with his wife who is an excellent runner. Just back the lad unless YOU can do better which I very much doubt or perhaps you prefer 11 headless chicken who run about a lot.

Well said.