It's a Small World...

Ackey

2005-05-24-12-21-42.jpg

In a similar vain to the 'last one to post wins thread' I thought it would be fun to see how many of us may well have crossed paths before... be it in work, school, clubs, pubs or... well that's about it...

I'll set the ball rolling, please feel free to chip in with a place or time which you might have shared with other 'tics.

I went to Failsworth School... anyone else?

Where'd you think the idea came from? I've got a broken leg, can't leave the sodding house... sod BP that's too easy... what else you got...? You must've worked up this way before you moved?

Nope. First time I've lived here properly since I moved away in 1989 was October last year(bar a brief month or so at St Augustines in 1996).

You and me both mate.

You might need to give out a bit more info Ackey. For example, I went to St. Alban's School (now demolished) in Abbeyhills. I worked at Hillards on the trolleys, warehouse etc. Anyone know a good tennis player who worked there part-time - I'm sure he was a Latics fan and I'm sure he's involved with Oldham Tennis Club in Clarksfield...?

Did anyone frequent Dreamers Nightclub at the bottom end of Yorkshire St. in the early 80s....

Had some good times in there.....i think :drinking45:

=============================================================

I used to go there in the late 80s and try to avoid getting thrown down the stairs by Tommy... :grin:

Another for the Dreamers register sir.

School was St. Anselms.......but please don't hold it against me!

There's definitely more on the register. There was a group of Latics fans used to go in there when we did. I remember seeing them away at Hull (season 1990-91) the day after being in Dreamers.

One of my sisters taught French at St. Anslems... I can't remember what years thought.

Edited by martjs