OK cards on table Shez in or out

oafcprozac

Shez in or out?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Does he stay or go?

• Sack Him
    • Back Him
    • Dead Man Walking until May

I've only ever seen Latics play in this division, but, i think I've watched every other team either :-

• Get promoted and some have come back down.
  • Get promoted, get relegated and then get relegated again.
  • Get relegated and some have come back up.
  • Get relegated, get promoted and then get promoted again.
  • Get promoted, promoted and promoted.

We are (I think) the only team that's been in this division for 11 years and if anything, it is the sheer frustration of watching other teams on similar (not all of them) budgets and levels of support, getting promoted. We can point out that we are still top six, which is good, considering all the changes in personnel, but it is looking increasingly likely that we won't finish in the top six.

He doesn't deserve to be sacked, but he does need to take a long, hard look at some of the decisions he had made regarding signings, squad choices and maybe even his managerial style. We started like a train, we are now like a horse and cart.

Sorry, but I'm not confident of promotion this season.

Small clubs that have been promoted whilst we've been in this league...

Grimsby came down with us in 97/98 but won the play offs to secure an immediate return

Walsall finished second in 98/99

Gillingham won the play offs in 99/00

Rotherham finished second, Walsall won the play offs in 2000/01

Crewe finished 2nd in 02/03

Luton pissed the league in 04/05

Colchester and Southend winning promotion in 05/06

Scunny walking it in 06/07

Donny winning the play offs last season

All small clubs that have had their day in the sun since we have dropped like a feckin' stone, and people ask why some of us are sooooooo disillusioned!

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small clubs that have been promoted whilst we've been in this league...

Grimsby came down with us in 97/98 but won the play offs to secure an immediate return

Walsall finished second in 98/99

Gillingham won the play offs in 99/00

Rotherham finished second, Walsall won the play offs in 2000/01

Crewe finished 2nd in 02/03

Luton pissed the league in 04/05

Colchester and Southend winning promotion in 05/06

Scunny walking it in 06/07

Donny winning the play offs last season

All small clubs that have had their day in the sun since we have dropped like a feckin' stone, and people ask why some of us are sooooooo disillusioned!

Thanks for that list.

Four of them are now in League 2

Four in League 1

One still to be relegated :grin:

What about Blackpool. Similar size and still up there, although with wealthy backers. Now they've lost Grayson, they may be on their way back.

What annoys me the most is witnessing the likes of Doncaster going non-league and then waving bye-bye on the way past us. I know they are relatively wealthy and bought every other player we were interested in. :wink: Still annoying, 'though.

Thanks for that list.

Four of them are now in League 2

Four in League 1

One still to be relegated :grin:

What about Blackpool. Similar size and still up there, although with wealthy backers. Now they've lost Grayson, they may be on their way back.

What annoys me the most is witnessing the likes of Doncaster going non-league and then waving bye-bye on the way past us. I know they are relatively wealthy and bought every other player we were interested in. :wink: Still annoying, 'though.

Shhhhh, Corp's been right all along but it upsets some people's sneering happy clappyness to admit that another few years in this division will see the vclub slowly die.

Not according to the results of this poll so far he doesn't <_<

He can stay as long as he likes for me because no ones going to do any better on 3,700 gates :huh:

Explain almost 60% of those voting think it is unlikely that Shez will be our manager come June....

One win in six and six points from 18 is not promotion form. Not saying don't back him, but we have to be realistic.

13 points from 30 so far this year. 3 wins in 10 so far this year, not good enough for promotion or probably the play offs. Mayn hold out for a super duper run to carry us home similar to Blackpool's in 06/07. Not going to happen people, the most League games we have won on the trot since the 10 match winning streak in 73/74 is 6 games. So the best winning streak we have managed in 35 years is six league games...

Its looking pretty obvious that Shez is out in the summer. Which IMO opens up a whole new can of worms.

How long is the new man going to be given in charge before he is out too? Is he allowed a 3 year plan? Does his team get time to gel? Is it Sheridans fault we have started poorly? If the budgets cut does this give the new man more time? Is mid table OK with a lower budget? Are we happy just to survive again?

Are TTA going to continue to fund this farce? Im sure we will find out soon anyways!

Its looking pretty obvious that Shez is out in the summer. Which IMO opens up a whole new can of worms.

How long is the new man going to be given in charge before he is out too? Is he allowed a 3 year plan? Does his team get time to gel? Is it Sheridans fault we have started poorly? If the budgets cut does this give the new man more time? Is mid table OK with a lower budget? Are we happy just to survive again?

Are TTA going to continue to fund this farce? Im sure we will find out soon anyways!

tta's will continue to fund this "farce" as you put it for the forseeable...

it doesnt make any sense what so ever with the state of the country and the americam economy being as they are....we are simply not a good buy at the present,even with outline planning consent.

if the economics where more or less in there future,i think they maybe tempted,to at the very least get there money back.

they had a 5 year plan when they came...thats gone,and im waiting to see if they set another plan or target....if not i guess they will sell when the time is right.

No, of course I can't 'provide Y' (What's all this " 'let's call it 'X' and 'Y' " business? Are you another Polyversity student?)

As I've said before, expressing dissatisfaction with what's happening on the pitch and suggesting that the future for the club might be less than rosy, particularly without some progress in the league position, doesn't mean that you necessarily have, or ought to have, a fully worked out set of solutions for the club. After all, the club pays others, and fairly handsomely, to take on this task. I can, however, guess what yet another failed promotion campaign might do to the club against a backdrop of a deepening recession which dictates that the club can't rebuild the stadium and put the club on an independent footing financially, and have done so already. All I can add is that '6th, 8th, top six under Shez and having a good stab under Dowie' represents no kind of progress when we remain mired in the third tier of English football, with gates falling to worse levels than during the Ritchie days.

I was being patronising.

I wasn't suggesting you should have an all singing all dancing resolution to the problem you see. I simply feel it's rather pointless to point out a weakness, dismiss others opinions and at the same time refuse to suggest even a sliver of an idea as to how it could be corrected.

It's tiresome and I have only myself to blame for trying to debate with you.

Not according to the results of this poll so far he doesn't <_<

He can stay as long as he likes for me because no ones going to do any better on 3,700 gates :huh:

Don't you think that part of the reason we have gates as low as 3700 might just be down to our lack of ability,desire,commitment etc.

Look at our present squad and ask yourself is it that much better than 3 years ago!!!

tta's will continue to fund this "farce" as you put it for the forseeable...

it doesnt make any sense what so ever with the state of the country and the americam economy being as they are....we are simply not a good buy at the present,even with outline planning consent.

if the economics where more or less in there future,i think they maybe tempted,to at the very least get there money back.

they had a 5 year plan when they came...thats gone,and im waiting to see if they set another plan or target....if not i guess they will sell when the time is right.

Stalin and Hitler had five year plans....how did that pan out?

Don't you think that part of the reason we have gates as low as 3700 might just be down to our lack of ability,desire,commitment etc.

Look at our present squad and ask yourself is it that much better than 3 years ago!!!

The first sentance makes me think you have a short memory, and then the second makes me think it again.

2006/07 saw Chris Hall, Paul Edwards, Craig Rocastle, a young Eardley, a young Taylor, Paul Warne, Gary McDonald and Will Haining all make at least 25, and in a most cases 40/50 appearances. All of those players would have barely figured if we had them this season.

Anyway that is largely thanks to TTA. It's also a credit to Shez for how well he did that season, when everybody was behind him (and we had Richie Wellens).

The first sentance makes me think you have a short memory, and then the second makes me think it again.

2006/07 saw Chris Hall, Paul Edwards, Craig Rocastle, a young Eardley, a young Taylor, Paul Warne, Gary McDonald and Will Haining all make at least 25, and in a most cases 40/50 appearances. All of those players would have barely figured if we had them this season.

Anyway that is largely thanks to TTA. It's also a credit to Shez for how well he did that season, when everybody was behind him (and we had Richie Wellens).

So on Tuesday night we showed an abundace of ability, commitment and desire did we?

You must have seen a different game than I did!!

We have been rubbish for quite a while so whilst we may have a better squad on paper the performances on the field have hardly been that much better!!!

I was being patronising.

I wasn't suggesting you should have an all singing all dancing resolution to the problem you see. I simply feel it's rather pointless to point out a weakness, dismiss others opinions and at the same time refuse to suggest even a sliver of an idea as to how it could be corrected.

It's tiresome and I have only myself to blame for trying to debate with you.

Patronising? Never! That's why I wondered if you were another smartarse Polyversity student.

What's tiresome, actually, is the attitude that frustration and depair can never be expressed, and on a messageboard set up precisely for the expression of opinion, unless its accompanied by some kind of all encompassing strategy for taking the club forward (which the club can then go ahead and adopt immediately, ripping up the owners' plans in the process...)

So on Tuesday night we showed an abundace of ability, commitment and desire did we?

You must have seen a different game than I did!!

We have been rubbish for quite a while so whilst we may have a better squad on paper the performances on the field have hardly been that much better!!!

Well now you're just tweaking the subject. :tongue1:

Bollox to it! Let's ask Ronnie Moore, Brian Talbot or Neil Warnock if they'd like their job back? Ritchie even! :huh:

I know we missed out on the likes of Big Sam and Jose Mourinho but Rafa might just consider it when Liverpool sack him <_<

Get real the lot of you :censored:

Patronising? Never! That's why I wondered if you were another smartarse Polyversity student.

What's tiresome, actually, is the attitude that frustration and depair can never be expressed, and on a messageboard set up precisely for the expression of opinion, unless its accompanied by some kind of all encompassing strategy for taking the club forward (which the club can then go ahead and adopt immediately, ripping up the owners' plans in the process...)

Again you're exagerating my point to make your own. I don't want an all encompassing strategy, I just want you to substantiate your point with a smattering of evidence even if its, in my opinion, deluded I could accept it. You again make sweeping statements and yet continue to offer nothing worthwhile beyond 'frustration'.

Thankfully for everyone else I've grown tired of these circles. You will continue in your ways and I in mine.

Again you're exagerating my point to make your own. I don't want an all encompassing strategy, I just want you to substantiate your point with a smattering of evidence even if its, in my opinion, deluded I could accept it. You again make sweeping statements and yet continue to offer nothing worthwhile beyond 'frustration'.

Thankfully for everyone else I've grown tired of these circles. You will continue in your ways and I in mine.

As said before, and as at least some others seem able to see, to judge by their comments, I've already made a coherent argument on several threads. Whether you agree with it is another matter.

Bollox to it! Let's ask Ronnie Moore, Brian Talbot or Neil Warnock if they'd like their job back? Ritchie even! :huh:

I know we missed out on the likes of Big Sam and Jose Mourinho but Rafa might just consider it when Liverpool sack him <_<

Get real the lot of you :censored:

More stats for you... :)

John Sheridan

W 41%

L 31%

Ronnie Moore

W 35

L 37%

Brian Talbot

W 36

L 38%

Iain Dowie

W 38%

L 28%

Mick Wadsworth

W 43%

L 26%

Andy Ritchie

W 33%

L 42%

More stats for you... :)

John Sheridan

W 41%

L 31%

Ronnie Moore

W 35

L 37%

Brian Talbot

W 36

L 38%

Iain Dowie

W 38%

L 28%

Mick Wadsworth

W 43%

L 26%

Andy Ritchie

W 33%

L 42%

Ok, SO who would you put in charge of the side right now? remembering our budget, the crowds we get and the money available from the directors to pay for a replacement manager <_<

Unless you're going to dig deep into your own pocket i'd quit while you're ahead

Missing the point. The years spent at this level has seen the club shrink drastically in stature. As long as we are here this will continue, especially as the budget gets cut.

League position has little to do with it. We could finish sixth and lose in the play-offs every season, but continue to shrink in stature.

shrinking in stature eh.

every football fans worst nightmare :unsure: