stupid people who call their children stupid names

I was named Simon Swindells at birth. It caused no end of ridicule throughout my childhood and teens and I changed my first name by deed poll shortly after turning 18 and changed the surname a few years later.

I found it difficult to be taken seriously when meeting people (socially and professionally when applying for jobs etc) as they laughed out loud when hearing the name.

Chrys Hudson Lee, Brighton

What an idiot...

'No Duff No Duff'

I served with a lad called Roger Albert Frederick Wigley

His dad had served, and on one occasion I caught him talking to his dad on the phone and ended the conversation 'Flight'. He was serious about the name, his dad was a Flight Sergeant.

'No Duff No Duff'

they won't understand that meaning matey!!!

i once checked a guy's ID on the gate who was called 'Corporal Sergeant'....... he didn't like it when i told him that in a few years ( ie when he got promoted!) he'd be getting asked for his pass on a daily basis just to amuse the guard force...

they won't understand that meaning matey!!!

i once checked a guy's ID on the gate who was called 'Corporal Sergeant'....... he didn't like it when i told him that in a few years ( ie when he got promoted!) he'd be getting asked for his pass on a daily basis just to amuse the guard force...

A bit like Major Major in catch 22.

A bit like Major Major in catch 22.

I just read a work email that referred to someone called Royal Boggs... That's gotta be someone with British parents... Although, the Yanks like to use British surnames as first names so maybe not....