decidedly average

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we dont look anything special tonight, too much lumping it forward towards hughes and hazell has just been booked. misses 2 games now.

Agree - average performance - pleased with the point in the end. Defences on top throughout. Bring on Colchester. :blink:

Unusually, was rather nervous with Hazell tonight, more so after his booking. Thought we were ok, could definitely see Leeds have more quality than we have, lots of high balls from us.

Danny Jones my motm.

I quite agree with that. I'll no doubt get shot down for this but I thought Mr K had an alright game some nice touches, kept it on the deck and a good ball in that Beckford should have finished.

I don't agree that Leeds looked to have more quality at all. Becchio looked decent even if he is just looking for a slap but apart from that I thought Taylor, Smalley and Alice looked better than anything they had to offer. Allott and Eardley looked determined to just launch it and Rubes looked ropey but I'll take 4 points from Millwall and Leeds

I don't agree that Leeds looked to have more quality at all. Becchio looked decent even if he is just looking for a slap but apart from that I thought Taylor, Smalley and Alice looked better than anything they had to offer. Allott and Eardley looked determined to just launch it and Rubes looked ropey but I'll take 4 points from Millwall and Leeds

I think you were in dreamland then. Leeds were the better team (not by a mile), by a good bit.

Our MOM, Jones. But he'd be about fifth overall.

Happy with a draw myself.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I quite agree with that. I'll no doubt get shot down for this but I thought Mr K had an alright game some nice touches, kept it on the deck and a good ball in that Beckford should have finished.

Also content with a point but glad Leeds didn't bring their A-game.

A couple of things that seemed obvious from watching the game:

i) Whenever we got possession their were at least two Leeds guys in the face of our man which led to the ball being given away a lot whereas when they got possession we backed off and backed off until we were at the edge of our box. Thankfully their passing was woeful.

ii) Why when we had so many attacking throw-ins weren't there more players moving about and looking for space. This also applied to free kicks. Our guys seemed statuesque whenever there was a set play which again turned over the ball a lot.

However I'll take four points from two games against Millwall and Leeds.

When does the bidding start on the shirts? :grin:

I think you were in dreamland then. Leeds were the better team (not by a mile), by a good bit.

Our MOM, Jones. But he'd be about fifth overall.

Happy with a draw myself.

Thought we were second to a lot of balls we could have won too much standing around for me, but a good point against a team that will get into the play offs - thought Beckford was :censored:e, Becchio greasy Argy twit with an 'A'. Rubes nopt his best night and to blame for the goal. Greegs immense. KK did well, thought Maher was the pick of the midfield. Great atmosphere though, Leeds fans sat all around us!

I'm with mike, i don't think Leeds looked to have more quality, thought it was really even throughout the match.

Leeds by were the better team easily. They should have won it with the chances they had

Were has the football gone? too many useless lumped balls up field

Thought Taylor had a bit of a shocker to be honest, ran up too many blind alleys without knowing (or having the skill) how to get out of them.

Lewis looked quite sharp. be nice if he got a run in the side.

Leeds were the best team by a good bit?? I can't agree with that..they had the better chances but overall the teams were very evenly matched with neither playing to their potential. As a slight aside am I the only one who doesn't rate Beckford in the slightest? Never seen anything from him against us nor in any of the other games I've seen him in. Thought he looked more dangerous against Rubes but Gregan had him in his pocket again

Leeds were the best team by a good bit?? I can't agree with that..they had the better chances but overall the teams were very evenly matched with neither playing to their potential. As a slight aside am I the only one who doesn't rate Beckford in the slightest? Never seen anything from him against us nor in any of the other games I've seen him in. Thought he looked more dangerous against Rubes but Gregan had him in his pocket again

Jeez, I'm turning into a Leeds fam before my eyes.

If you can't see Beckford's ability you are clearly blind.

A good bit may be getting carried away. But they were certainly the better side, and a draw was a good result for us.

Rubes wasn't good at all tonight. Greegs was.

Leeds were there for the taking tonight. They didn't look that good at all. They did close us down well though, and I think they did a bit of a job on Hughes.

It was like we couldn't shake them off all night...put us under pressure all through the match and I think this affected our passing, which was below average.

Effort is a tricky thing to judge, but I personally cannot fault Oldham for their effort tonight - thought that we tried hard and fought very hard against a Leeds team who were fighting equally hard. It was disappointing that we didn't put many good moves together and we were very one dimensional at times - lots of big hoofs up to Hughes.

Turned out to be a hard fought, and fairly scrappy game in my opinion.

Ended up being satisfied with the draw - couldn't get their late winner last season out of my head.

A good bit may be getting carried away. But they were certainly the better side, and a draw was a good result for us.

They shaded it no more. Both were crap first half. They did have a couple of good chances but a draw was fair enough. Beckford is class mind. Glad he didn't have one of his better games.....

Completely agree with Rubes and Greegs. Whenever I've seen Beckford he's flattered to deceive..maybe being a closet Leeds fan you've seen him more than I have :grin: Would agree with fourdinners that they did indeed shade it primarily down to the number of chances they had. Can we at least agree that the pink kit should replace the traffic warden yellow next season?