decidedly average

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we dont look anything special tonight, too much lumping it forward towards hughes and hazell has just been booked. misses 2 games now.

are you sure????

i thought that as of last weekend they aren't tallied up anymore?? would also explain the way one or two leeds players went in for tackles a tad OTT!

Frankly, you could perm any 24 players from the two squads on view tonight, throw 'em into the Championship and neither Ferguson nor Morinho could keep em up.

One team of over coached pretenders and one team of under coached under performers.

are you sure????

i thought that as of last weekend they aren't tallied up anymore?? would also explain the way one or two leeds players went in for tackles a tad OTT!

Unfortunately not he misses colchester and franchise now. Leeds were going in OTT because they're dirty Yorkshire b******s

I'll catch you at the next Hearts game I go to...

<Axe Murdering Smiley>

Think I'm in Oldham that weekend :unsure:

Anyway back on topic..two decent teams playing badly, they had the better chances and Becchio loves to be a bit dramatic..and I seem to be on my own with the pink kit.

Think I'm in Oldham that weekend :unsure:

Anyway back on topic..two decent teams playing badly, they had the better chances and Becchio loves to be a bit dramatic..and I seem to be on my own with the pink kit.

As a member of INSANE I'll let you off.

NB. Which team do you watch up there?

NBB. Say 'Hearts'.

As a member of INSANE I'll let you off.

NB. Which team do you watch up there?

NBB. Say 'Hearts'.

To be honest I've not been to a game up here for a couple of years due to the quality plummeting but when i first got up here I went to Hearts mainly because I work with Jambos and I used to be able to see Tynecastle from my living room window. I should probably make an effort to get to a game I'm starting to miss my live footy.

:dedhrse:

To be honest I've not been to a game up here for a couple of years due to the quality plummeting but when i first got up here I went to Hearts mainly because I work with Jambos and I used to be able to see Tynecastle from my living room window. I should probably make an effort to get to a game I'm starting to miss my live footy.

not entirely certain it could qualify as 'live' tonight but WTF we got a point... :dedhrse:

:dedhrse:

not entirely certain it could qualify as 'live' tonight but WTF we got a point... :dedhrse:

Nah tonight wasn't live. I'd never suggest watching on tv counted as live footy but I don't get back home as much as I'd like and Scottish football doesn't really satiate my urges..I've just managed to book the train to MK so the drought will soon be over

I don't agree that Leeds looked to have more quality at all. Becchio looked decent even if he is just looking for a slap but apart from that I thought Taylor, Smalley and Alice looked better than anything they had to offer. Allott and Eardley looked determined to just launch it and Rubes looked ropey but I'll take 4 points from Millwall and Leeds

Smalley was my pink pussy of the game, closely followed by Taylor.

Disapointing performance.

Smalley was my pink pussy of the game, closely followed by Taylor.

Disapointing performance.

Bar Gregan and Jones, I think most of our players had good and not so good spells. Hughes was so close to slipping his markers on a few occasions, but the ball just didn't bounce right, but overall I think they stifled him.

Jeez, I'm turning into a Leeds fam before my eyes.

If you can't see Beckford's ability you are clearly blind.

A good bit may be getting carried away. But they were certainly the better side, and a draw was a good result for us.

Rubes wasn't good at all tonight. Greegs was.

Yeah, I agree with most of that. I thought both teams wanted to attack, but also were very solid in defence and basically knew they shouldn't lose at any costs. Good old rough and tumble affair.

You can tell Leeds have quality though, just as we have. They carved out all the clear-cut chances, but were very wary of our threat down the flanks. Gregan stepped to the plate though, and whenever he got caught out, usually had decent cover. The tackle by Jones in the first half was absolute Premiership quality.

People saying how Taylor and Deano had a poor games, is doing a bit of disservice to Leeds' defending (which is never a bad thing really!). They knew they were our main creative threat and they can certainly say they were put to the test tonight. Their front two looked a danger, but I thought we coped with that quite well, and although Rubes had some wobbly moments (That booking was ridiculous) we came through it alright thankfully. I just wish we could keep it tight after we've just scored, it always seems to be when we're most vulnerable.

Overrall, a decent point, hard fought and no ground lost. Leeds will be in the play-offs, I'll be surprised if they ain't. The old chestnut of course is can we do it again when BP reverts into a morgue against Colchester on Saturday?

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

I don't agree that Leeds looked to have more quality at all. Becchio looked decent even if he is just looking for a slap but apart from that I thought Taylor, Smalley and Alice looked better than anything they had to offer. Allott and Eardley looked determined to just launch it and Rubes looked ropey but I'll take 4 points from Millwall and Leeds

Are you serious??? Taylor was crap tonight. Love the lad to bits but def one of his worst performances in a Latics shirt. Wanted to run at them but constantly ran into trouble. Sometimes come away wondering if some went to the same game.

People saying how Taylor and Deano had a poor games, is doing a bit of disservice to Leeds' defending (which is never a bad thing really!). They knew they were our main creative threat and they can certainly say they were put to the test tonight.

It may be fair to say that for Taylor, although I still thought he was poor. Smalley was plain garbage though - he looked like a rabbit trapped in the headlights everytime he got the ball. He's has done well recently though and I'm sure he will do better next game.....

Apart from Jonesy I don't think anyone had a great game tonight. Gregan was solid though. Taylor didn't have a great game but apart from Jones and Gregan nobody did. Work ethic was there though so that plus a good performances and we're looking good. Kabba worked hard again. Reckon he could make a difference in the end.

I felt we controlled long spells of the game, and matched Leeds much better than we did last season. But our final ball wasn't great, just about our only shot on goal was the goal, and Leeds carved out the better chances - they could have been two up by 30 mins.

So on the basis of the game, a decent point.

In the context of the play-offs, Leeds arguably needed the 3 points more, and that's 4 points we've picked up in two games against our play-off rivals. Above all, it was vital we didn't lose either of those games.

It may be fair to say that for Taylor, although I still thought he was poor. Smalley was plain garbage though - he looked like a rabbit trapped in the headlights everytime he got the ball. He's has done well recently though and I'm sure he will do better next game.....

You are having a laugh right Stitch?

Taylor was woeful tonight, too many times mere centimetres away from Jones. Was he scared and needed someone to hold his hand?

I thought Smalley put in a decent shift - though still needs to work on his final ball, but that's nothing that 90% of the team don't need to work on, our passing and set piece delivery was shocking.

It was a disappointing game and too many times the football looked as if it was a hot potato for both sets of players.

MOM? The Rat for us - purely for the fact that he knows how to take care of the bloody ball - if that was instilled into enough of them we wouldn't have been in cloud cuckoo land after we scored, Becchio for them.

Just to add that I would love to have a forward that was capable enough to have had as good a :censored: game as Beckford. Granted his finishing was poor, but he covered a hell of a lot of ground dragging Greegs and Rubes about. I thought his off the ball work was magnificent.

They shaded it. I wish that little tvvat Kilkenny had scored an og in the last minute though. That would have been sweeter than sweet.

Derek.

Smalley just doesnt have a Football Brain,makes up for it with his comitment and Strength.

Lewi on the other hand,Good brain,Good Feet,just needs another Half a Stone on.

I thought both teams were poor tonight, but to say leeds were better??????? i thought they were really poor tonight, us not much better!!

out of any team in the playoffs, id have leeds as we'd take em easy on tonights showing along with our victory over them at ellenad road earlier this season!!

Edited by Oafc88

I thought Greg was MOM, he made some good saves at important points and didn't put a foot wrong. Nothing he could do about the goal, either Rubes or DJ should've got the ball out before Becchio got anywhere near it.

Other good performances: Greegs, DJ and Kev. I like the look of Kabba. Hughes took his goal well...I was tearing my hair out though in the first half when he shot instead of squaring to Kabba who had an open goal. On the replay though, he didn't even look up...if he'd known Kabba was there I'm sure he'd have knocked it across.

Taylor was poor, but they did a good job on him.

If we finish above Leeds we'll have a home second leg in the playoffs at least.

Edited by jsslatic