Oldham Fan stabbed outside B&Q

typical....posters on here all too quick to say, 'the incident didn't happen' and call the victim for alledgely being arrested. how about 'support your fellow football fan' which is being bleated on the "incident in the main stand lower" thread....if people can't even sympathise with an Oldhamer who unfortunately got attacked by knife wielding leeds fans (who themselves are all too quick to call the Turks for the Leeds' fans stabbings a few years back), then what hope have we got?

Good to see the community spirit amongst Oldham fans on this board is alive and well. Maybe the posters discrediting Tindall might want to take a look at themselves and hope that they too never get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. :mad:

Well done all.

I have been caught in the wrong place at the wrong time loads of occasions, mainly Boundary park on a match day between the hours of 3pm & 5pm, BE WARNED!! :unsure:

Seriously If an Oldham fan was stabbed as Tindall says then of course we would all be concerned and condemn the attack.

I am saying I was there and saw nothing, Heard nothing.

Also wouldn’t this be news on the official site or in the media or from other Latics fans other than the B&Q one?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anybody would want anybody else to be stabbed, I think that's fair to say - I also think that if it came down to someone genuinely being in trouble there would be assistance.

One is either very unlucky to be arrested by the Police and then nearly killed by some other fans, or fully aware of what they are getting themselves into and in the frame of mind to carry out similar acts. In which case one must take full responsibility for everything that happens to them and the consequences of their actions.

I've got to agree with Dish here. If it had been one of the more regular posters (dare i say clique) starting the thread, then i'm sure there would have been an outrage and a lynch mob set up post haste!

:hanged:

when most people know this guy is 'fyc' AND ESCAPED ARREST by going to B+Q it sort of dampens his and anyone elses argument that hes been hard done by! He was looking for it and eventually got it so whats the big deal! maybe when hes having his stitches put in his hands he might think what the :censored: am i doing here? or maybe his 'mates' who are posting on here should know better and put there posts on the 'oldham lads' site or 'terrace links' and leave us to debate football issues

when most people know this guy is 'fyc' AND ESCAPED ARREST by going to B+Q it sort of dampens his and anyone elses argument that hes been hard done by! He was looking for it and eventually got it so whats the big deal! maybe when hes having his stitches put in his hands he might think what the :censored: am i doing here? or maybe his 'mates' who are posting on here should know better and put there posts on the 'oldham lads' site or 'terrace links' and leave us to debate football issues

Or maybe its just a general statement not asking for any sympathy or condemning, its just asking did anyone see it and why on earth would you bring a knife to a football game. Its funny how this "fyc" lad is the one whos getting the :censored: when Leeds fans are around the ground with knives. Just say this happened to a clique member on here who didnt wear his latics shirt and wore a dark casual coat and his jeans and was mistaken for an "fyc" lad, then there would be outrage. Im not saying this lad isnt or is "fyc" but for people to be saying its his own fault then its ridiculous. Like he asked to have a knife shunted at him.

Or maybe its just a general statement not asking for any sympathy or condemning, its just asking did anyone see it and why on earth would you bring a knife to a football game. Its funny how this "fyc" lad is the one whos getting the :censored: when Leeds fans are around the ground with knives. Just say this happened to a clique member on here who didnt wear his latics shirt and wore a dark casual coat and his jeans and was mistaken for an "fyc" lad, then there would be outrage. Im not saying this lad isnt or is "fyc" but for people to be saying its his own fault then its ridiculous. Like he asked to have a knife shunted at him.

Well why dont you keep ur 'general statements' for the oldham lads site (which i know is being discussed about now) or terrace links because general statements like this are not welcome on this site. 'its funny how this 'fyc' lad is the one getting the :censored:' - he wont do on your own site so :censored: off there. im telling you 'youngun' i know for a fact this certain lad is fyc and if you are the same 'youngen' with the same name on oldham lads - how does :censored: off sound? Go and spout ur :censored: on your site whether you wear a latics shirt or designer clothes

Edited by Markoasis
swearing

Couldnt really give a toss either way to be honest but people are on here sayin this lad deserved it and are also on another thread saying Latics are a disgrace for attacking Leeds fans in our ends when they were clearly looking for it.

Or perhaps they're saying that when you create a culture of violence in a given situation it becomes self-perpetuating.

You can't glory in violence and constantly try giving it the big one with your mates and then complain if it gets a bit out of hand. Both the recipient of the 'kung-fu kick' and the Oldham lad, if the knife incident really took place, discovered this last night.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

creepy so just because hes on the oldhamlads website hes not allowed a say on here ?

idiot. this board is for a discussion its not for you to go telling people wether or not they should be posting on here ... so :censored: off yourself

Edited by Markoasis
Swearing

fyc will be as much to blame as the ones who did it. you arrange your meets and don't give 1 if someone nowt to do with it get's hurt. my kids didn't fancy watching latics again after the hudds game at home when a few fyc decided that walking out of the ground was a good time to get it on with hudds fans. no cares or concern for anyone else there, pensioners, kids, means nowt to that sort.

creepy so just because hes on the oldhamlads website hes not allowed a say on here ?

idiot. this board is for a discussion its not for you to go telling people wether or not they should be posting on here ... so :censored: off yourself

when he spouts on about an fyc lad nearly getting stabbed in my eyes no he isnt! this isnt for instance millwall misa were there are different sections for football talk or 'come and have a go talk', this is for oldham fans discussing football issues, not about the fyc getting or nearly getting stabbed outside the ground. go on your own board and talk ur dribble

just got a phone call this morning regarding a friend who was stabbed outside B&Q by around 10 Leeds fans,

what happened was a small scuffle happend outside the ground with my friend being arrested he managed to run off before getting cuffed and ran down the side of B&Q which he was then confronted by around 10 Leeds fans who asked him if he was Oldham, he said yes when one of them went to stab him in his belly but luckly he managed to get his hands in the way cutting both his hands, hes ok now.

sorry posted last post in the wrong place

Piece this together and figure out why people on here are not interested.

There are a few people on here whose posts (When you read between the lines) suggest that they enjoy the darker side of a fixture more than the game itself. I'd love to see these people get their come-uppance.

Most are a bunch of kids who hang about in numbers menacing true fans and putting the safety of innocent people in danger.

This board should never allow these actions to be glorified, and the right-minded people have stated their reluctance to believe the 'stabbed one' was innocent, or at least unable to avoid such a situation.

On Monday night I realised that the three people walking behind me at the top of Sheepfoot were Leeds fans. I turned and said "Fair result lads?" They disagreed, and we spent the next 500 yards trading friendly banter.

Never once did I detect animosity. Is that because my approach is different to our B&Q soldier?

Look for it and you'll find it. Just don't complain when the outcome doesn't suit you, and don't try to justify or glorify football violence on a site that has been set up to discuss football as a game.

There are a few people on here whose posts (When you read between the lines) suggest that they enjoy the darker side of a fixture more than the game itself. I'd love to see these people get their come-uppance.

Most are a bunch of kids who hang about in numbers menacing true fans and putting the safety of innocent people in danger.

This board should never allow these actions to be glorified, and the right-minded people have stated their reluctance to believe the 'stabbed one' was innocent, or at least unable to avoid such a situation.

On Monday night I realised that the three people walking behind me at the top of Sheepfoot were Leeds fans. I turned and said "Fair result lads?" They disagreed, and we spent the next 500 yards trading friendly banter.

Never once did I detect animosity. Is that because my approach is different to our B&Q soldier?

Look for it and you'll find it. Just don't complain when the outcome doesn't suit you, and don't try to justify or glorify football violence on a site that has been set up to discuss football as a game.

Good post, very true.

Any posters who also post on 'Oldham Idiots' ought to banned from here.

To be honest nobody breaks any rules of this board by posting on other forums / having certain opinions / views.

If rules of the board are broken we will act, otherwise the board is free for anyone to use.

Good post, very true.

Aye, good post.

Between this thread & the "Trouble In Main Stand" Thread i'm a little shocked at some of the comments. Especilly after the Stockport game, when many were very vocal about how Stocky should be fined as a club & the fans involved banned - we then turn round and have groups of kids, hunting in packs, looking for trouble before & after this game & fans in the Main stand old enough to know better spitting on & drop kicking Leeds fans; with others apparently applauding their actions.

Its a game of Football, on a cold Monday night in Oldham - not life in the Garza strip or Afganistan. There's no need for all this billy big balls football hooligan bravardo at all. The days of the 70's & 80's violence are long gone; yeah i'm sure its still out there if you actively look for it, but to bring it into the ground & then applaude it on here is just wrong.

No time at all for people who bring this type of shenanagans to Football - those that say its part & parcel of the game are talking utter rubbish - it has no place in the modern game & as a club & and message board) we should be looking to stamp this type of thing out. We're a little L1 (at present!!) club who pride themselves on being a 'family club' - lets keep it that way eh?

To be honest nobody breaks any rules of this board by posting on other forums / having certain opinions / views.

If rules of the board are broken we will act, otherwise the board is free for anyone to use.

I was only hoping to slightly improve the quality of the average OWTB post. :wink:

I'm surprised that other people are surprised that we have some 'hooligan' followers. A club representing a town such as Oldham is bound to have some! Infact if it wasn't for United stealing 90% of our potential fans we'd probably be a 'Manchester' version of Millwall (after Rochdale of course :grin:)!

I was only hoping to slightly improve the quality of the average OWTB post. :wink:

I'm surprised that other people are surprised that we have some 'hooligan' followers. A club representing a town such as Oldham is bound to have some! Infact if it wasn't for United stealing 90% of our potential fans we'd probably be a 'Manchester' version of Millwall (after Rochdale of course :grin:)!

Manchester? do you not mean Lancashire?

I'm surprised that other people are surprised that we have some 'hooligan' followers.

It does surprise me when people get shocked by it all. Which is not a bad thing as it shows that 'incidents' like this are being kept away from the grounds and that the average supporter is fairly safe. Long may that continue.

Aye, good post.

Between this thread & the "Trouble In Main Stand" Thread i'm a little shocked at some of the comments. Especilly after the Stockport game, when many were very vocal about how Stocky should be fined as a club & the fans involved banned - we then turn round and have groups of kids, hunting in packs, looking for trouble before & after this game & fans in the Main stand old enough to know better spitting on & drop kicking Leeds fans; with others apparently applauding their actions.

Its a game of Football, on a cold Monday night in Oldham - not life in the Garza strip or Afganistan. There's no need for all this billy big balls football hooligan bravardo at all. The days of the 70's & 80's violence are long gone; yeah i'm sure its still out there if you actively look for it, but to bring it into the ground & then applaude it on here is just wrong.

No time at all for people who bring this type of shenanagans to Football - those that say its part & parcel of the game are talking utter rubbish - it has no place in the modern game & as a club & and message board) we should be looking to stamp this type of thing out. We're a little L1 (at present!!) club who pride themselves on being a 'family club' - lets keep it that way eh?

if ten leeds fans come to boundary park and jump around to their hearts content after a gol, where will they sit next time they play at boundary park? where will their mates sit when they find out they can sit where they like, and do what they like? will they now decide that, as they can sit where they like and jump around and cheer, they might aswell come in a bigger group, sit with the oldham fans and sing leeds songs all game? i wouldnt like that,