Harry got me thinking ... then I found this in the link above!! Something to add Guernica ? This is not to say that if anything major did happen at the dogs I condone it.

1st post in thread regarding Shez sticking to fingers up at Latics fans

..to his own fans. That's what he really thinks of Latics.

For John Sheridan read Bryan Robson. Great players, awful managers. No excuses. Sheridan out.

A few pages in (why it took me so long to join this forum I do not know. Seems I have a lot of reading to catch up on).

This was posted in a conversation with Guernica, he clearly states he knows Guernica his a journalist.

Ahhhhhh the hoary old chestnut "Mr Website policeman", well actually Guerny old boy that was me first post on this MB in months, I haven't had the time or inclination to be honest. However on Monday morning with half an hour to kill I thought I'd pop on, and there was your ridiculous comment. Blatantly made up tosh and debunked by several witnesses, supported by none! Anyway then I got to Reals comments and I thought spot on Real, and as this is a message board, a forum for discussion I thought I'd add my tupenceworth, it really is that simple.

By the by, how you believe in that endlessly twisted mind that you are being proven right I'll never know.

Nah then on to Private messaging. I can't say I'm a fan of these types of forums with the PM system attached, its so twee. Its a MB ffs why can't people say what they want in the body of a thread without sneaking off and despatching private rebukes. Why this had to be PM'd to me hell only knows but for the sake of clarity I post what you said here

Fine if my journo comment offended you I apologise unreservedly. What I cannot grasp though is, why is it "private" ? You brought the fact that you were a journalist up on many occasions on the old JKL board, you hung it out there in the public domain if I recall correctly as some kind of badge of honour so pardon me if I brought it up again. I'm sure some of the old school lurking on here will recall you doing so, as they have with your anti Sheridan comments. For some reason your baseless whinges stick in the mind! I'll mention it no more though and I do so hope I haven't offended any sensibilities by pasting up that PM, but in the interests of transparency one felt one really should. If you have anything further to say put it here, into the forum.

FAO Mods: Is there something I am doing wrong when I quote posts that include quotes (did that come out correct) or can it not be done ?

Harry got me thinking ... then I found this in the link above!! Something to add Guernica ? This is not to say that if anything major did happen at the dogs I condone it.

1st post in thread regarding Shez sticking to fingers up at Latics fans

A few pages in (why it took me so long to join this forum I do not know. Seems I have a lot of reading to catch up on).

FAO Mods: Is there something I am doing wrong when I quote posts that include quotes (did that come out correct) or can it not be done ?

Well, well, well,

So the link is going to the MEN site.

In the circumstances, the question needs asking, is this so called fan who Stipey states is a journo, reading this board and passing the story on to his employers to publish and then posting a link up on this site to gain more hits for his employers website?

If that is the case then it is well out of order!

Some fan :redcard:

Cheers,

Harry

Well, well, well,

So the link is going to the MEN site.

In the circumstances, the question needs asking, is this so called fan who Stipey states is a journo, reading this board and passing the story on to his employers to publish and then posting a link up on this site to gain more hits for his employers website?

If that is the case then it is well out of order!

Some fan :redcard:

Cheers,

Harry

Well, I guess I may as well come clean and put right a lot of nonsense being talked on here. Yes, I'm a Latics fan, season ticket holder. At one point I actually enjoyed coming on this site and exchanging banter. However, there are some nasty, spiteful, downright weird people on here and that includes a couple of the moderators. I disbanded my account as Guernica and had no intention of coming back. But I wanted to put a few things straight with regards to the dogs stuff.

Yes, I first came to hear about the dogs incident via this site. But rather than just print it, I tracked down somebody who was there and contacted the club to tell them what I had been told. We didn't run the story until we were told the nationals had got hold of it and the club repsonded. Today, I found out that despite the meeting, no course of action had yet been decided. There was nothing on the official website and so I posted a link to the M.E.N. website update. Fair enough - it might generate some extra hits - where's the harm in that?

Since working at the M.E.N. I have always tried to get the club as much positive publicity as I can. We had the pink kit on the front and the back pages. I've supported Latics for 25 years and will always do what I can to help.

However, when something like this happens I have to report it.

If anyone wants to give me grief they can email me at: mike.keegan@men-news.co.uk

Cheers

Mike (formerly Guernica).

Well, I guess I may as well come clean and put right a lot of nonsense being talked on here. Yes, I'm a Latics fan, season ticket holder. At one point I actually enjoyed coming on this site and exchanging banter. However, there are some nasty, spiteful, downright weird people on here and that includes a couple of the moderators. I disbanded my account as Guernica and had no intention of coming back. But I wanted to put a few things straight with regards to the dogs stuff.

Yes, I first came to hear about the dogs incident via this site. But rather than just print it, I tracked down somebody who was there and contacted the club to tell them what I had been told. We didn't run the story until we were told the nationals had got hold of it and the club repsonded. Today, I found out that despite the meeting, no course of action had yet been decided. There was nothing on the official website and so I posted a link to the M.E.N. website update. Fair enough - it might generate some extra hits - where's the harm in that?

Since working at the M.E.N. I have always tried to get the club as much positive publicity as I can. We had the pink kit on the front and the back pages. I've supported Latics for 25 years and will always do what I can to help.

However, when something like this happens I have to report it.

If anyone wants to give me grief they can email me at: mike.keegan@men-news.co.uk

Cheers

Mike (formerly Guernica).

It is fair (and right) that you ahve come clean, but goodness me you posted some depressing stuff as Guernica.

To find you a fan of 25 years is very worrying.